The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
When you have one hour of bio three frees and then one hour of chem -_- . Also my school hasn't timetabled enough lessons for maths so apparently our class needs to sort it out. -_- -_- .

Wow that is bad :frown: what the hell aha that's not your job, stupid schools :colonhash:
Reply 441
I don't think a September has ever been more stressful.

On the plus side, C3 differentiation is going okay...
Original post by ImagineCats

Spoiler

Here's the 2017 Applicants thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4307178#

Pls reply so I dont look alone thnx

thank yooooou!
Original post by isabella1999
Wow that is bad :frown: what the hell aha that's not your job, stupid schools :colonhash:

Ikr and they've done this in alot of other subjects too ://

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have 26 over two weeks but I get to go home for 10 of them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Here's the 2017 Applicants thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4307178#

Pls reply so I dont look alone thnx

Haha XD
Yeah definitely going to study in them I don't think I could waste thst much time (so far been using them to do some AS questions
Still haven't started my personal statement. And school hasn't even told us predicted grades yet. Apparently our predictions will be our AS grades... is that even fair?!
Original post by sazriah
Still haven't started my personal statement. And school hasn't even told us predicted grades yet. Apparently our predictions will be our AS grades... is that even fair?!

I personally don't think it is, but I understand why schools use AS grades. I got ACC at AS and I'm pleading for predicted grades A*BB- ABB for my university choices. If you think about it, the experience gained from year twelve SHOULD (theoretically) lead to us developing better studying habits and better work ethic, I think this cancels out the greater difficulty of A2 levels compared to AS!
Original post by t.thompson22
I personally don't think it is, but I understand why schools use AS grades. I got ACC at AS and I'm pleading for predicted grades A*BB- ABB for my university choices. If you think about it, the experience gained from year twelve SHOULD (theoretically) lead to us developing better studying habits and better work ethic, I think this cancels out the greater difficulty of A2 levels compared to AS!

This does make sense. I got AAAE and want my predicted grade to be A*A*A at least because of how bad that E looks to some unis. I just think it's unfair to use AS grades because it really discourages people to go for the top uni's.
Original post by t.thompson22

If I'm honest, I agree with either predicting the same or one above for A2. Most people get the same at A2 as they did at AS, that's the thing. It requires a real change in work ethic to improve grade. Not only do you need to learn the A2 content, you need to learn the AS content that you weren't strong on the first time.
If I'm honest, some people aren't affected that much by the experience of getting worse grades than expected, thinking it was just a one-off, some people work hard at the start, but then get lazy again, and our teachers have seen it all before, and they rarely see people improve drastically, that's the thing, so you can see why they'd be skeptic...
Original post by sazriah

Not really to be honest :/ My biology teacher's doing the same...

I asked why he wouldn't predict me one up from my AS; all he said was that "I never predict A*'s". I still don't understand but oh well. Just going to try and show him that I could achieve it when results day comes and you should do the same :smile:
Original post by Gogregg
If I'm honest, I agree with either predicting the same or one above for A2. Most people get the same at A2 as they did at AS, that's the thing. It requires a real change in work ethic to improve grade. Not only do you need to learn the A2 content, you need to learn the AS content that you weren't strong on the first time.
If I'm honest, some people aren't affected that much by the experience of getting worse grades than expected, thinking it was just a one-off, some people work hard at the start, but then get lazy again, and our teachers have seen it all before, and they rarely see people improve drastically, that's the thing, so you can see why they'd be skeptic...

Yes I see what you mean & I absolutely agree with you. I told the head of my sixth form what I'd like my predictions to be and he said that wouldn't be a problem. Once I get the predictions, and I feel they're not a true reflection of ability, then I'll speak to him again; just have to hope for the best! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 453
So UCAS substitute a pound sign with 'GBP'? Wouldn't that make my PS look stupid?

GBP5 instead of £5
I'd personally say it's very possible to achieve, anything is possible with quality revision and consistency! Good luck! :smile::biggrin:
Anything is possible are any of your subjects non - linear?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'm not sure what the A*requirement is for those subs but I'm sure you could still get that. And I heard languages become easier because you have a wider grasp of it. A*AA definitely doable especially with resit in Herman good luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 457
Anyone looking at Bristol open day today? :biggrin:
Got a job!!! Yay to not being extremely very very poor at uni yaaaaaay
Got a job!!! Yay to not being extremely very very poor at uni yaaaaaay

oooh, what's your job? :biggrin:
Not being extremely poor at uni is a definite plus :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest