The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Lower Partners offer?

I think I'm eligible for the Newcastle Lower Partners offer for Accounting and Finance which would allow me to enter their Accounting and Finance course with the grades BBB instead of AAB, I meet their GCSE requirement of a B grade in English Language although I don't have the A grade in Maths they require, would the scheme also lower the GCSE requirements?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JSDhaliwal
I think I'm eligible for the Newcastle Lower Partners offer for Accounting and Finance which would allow me to enter their Accounting and Finance course with the grades BBB instead of AAB, I meet their GCSE requirement of a B grade in English Language although I don't have the A grade in Maths they require, would the scheme also lower the GCSE requirements?

Hi,

I have passed your query onto our admissions team who should get back to me soon. :smile:

Isabella
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by JSDhaliwal

Hi,
I have just received a response from a member of the admissions team who said:

"PARTNERS will not lower the GCSE requirement, however we may still consider them dependent on what their GCSE grade actually is and what A Level subjects they are taking. If we cannot accept the GCSE grade that they have we would expect them to retake it and we would ask for an A in this, even if they are doing PARTNERS."

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions please ask.

Isabella :smile:
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi,
I have just received a response from a member of the admissions team who said:

"PARTNERS will not lower the GCSE requirement, however we may still consider them dependent on what their GCSE grade actually is and what A Level subjects they are taking. If we cannot accept the GCSE grade that they have we would expect them to retake it and we would ask for an A in this, even if they are doing PARTNERS."

Hello, I'm eligible but for only 2 of the 9 criteria. So if I apply to my course through partners but get rejected due to not meeting as much criteria as others. Would I the get the regular offer without the lower grades or would my application end? Thanks in advance.
Original post by dom117117
Hello, I'm eligible but for only 2 of the 9 criteria. So if I apply to my course through partners but get rejected due to not meeting as much criteria as others. Would I the get the regular offer without the lower grades or would my application end? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I sent your query off to our PARTNERS team who said:

The student only needs to beeligible on one of the nine criteria. As long as they have one of these andmeet the following then they are fine to apply through PARTNERS;-They are resident in England-They have home student fee status (you have the right to reside in the UK, or have been granted permission from the Home Office)· -They have not already made the transition to university -They have left school/college for no longer than one year-They have predicted grades that match or exceed the lower PARTNERS offer
If you have any more questions please ask!

Reply 5
Hi,

I sent your query off to our PARTNERS team who said:

The student only needs to beeligible on one of the nine criteria. As long as they have one of these andmeet the following then they are fine to apply through PARTNERS;-They are resident in England-They have home student fee status (you have the right to reside in the UK, or have been granted permission from the Home Office)· -They have not already made the transition to university -They have left school/college for no longer than one year-They have predicted grades that match or exceed the lower PARTNERS offer
If you have any more questions please ask!

Hey,
Just wanted to know for medicine entry through the partners scheme is the ukcat score lowered? I got 610 average will I be rejected?
Original post by Abubakr 7232
Hey,
Just wanted to know for medicine entry through the partners scheme is the ukcat score lowered? I got 610 average will I be rejected?

Hi :smile:

The Medical School have the option of lowering the UKCAT score for PARTNERS applicants, but it's not guaranteed every year. It's at the discretion of the School, plus depends on the score threshold for the year of entry and the overall achievement of PARTNERS applicants sitting UKCAT.

Unfortunately we can't help with predictions about the cutoff. The Medical School don't release that information until the end of each cycle. The UKCAT scoring has changed a bit this year - I don't know the details but I've been told it means previously published scores won't be comparable with this year.

If you want more info the best thing to do is contact the Medical Admissions Team on [email protected] or call 0191 208 7034.

Hope that helps!

Persephone
Reply 7
Hi :smile:

The Medical School have the option of lowering the UKCAT score for PARTNERS applicants, but it's not guaranteed every year. It's at the discretion of the School, plus depends on the score threshold for the year of entry and the overall achievement of PARTNERS applicants sitting UKCAT.

Unfortunately we can't help with predictions about the cutoff. The Medical School don't release that information until the end of each cycle. The UKCAT scoring has changed a bit this year - I don't know the details but I've been told it means previously published scores won't be comparable with this year.

If you want more info the best thing to do is contact the Medical Admissions Team on [email protected] or call 0191 208 7034.

Hope that helps!

Persephone

Oh okay thank you.
Do they interview before making you an offer on the partners scheme?
Oh okay thank you.
Do they interview before making you an offer on the partners scheme?

Hi,

I sent your query to our admissions team who said:

"All Medical and Dental applicants are required to sit the UKCAT test and attend an interview. The PARTNERS scheme will review their application and will inform the applicant if they have been accepted onto the scheme, however, this does not guarantee an offer from the course they have applied for. Medicine and Dentistry will then carry out their application procedures and inform applicants of the outcome of their application."

Reply 9
Hi,

"All Medical and Dental applicants are required to sit the UKCAT test and attend an interview. The PARTNERS scheme will review their application and will inform the applicant if they have been accepted onto the scheme, however, this does not guarantee an offer from the course they have applied for. Medicine and Dentistry will then carry out their application procedures and inform applicants of the outcome of their application."

Yes thanks
Hi,

Hi
Will my stats make me a strong applicant to the medical school?

My stats are as follows
GCSEs 9A*'s and 2A's
AS results AAAB (Chemistry, Biology, English Literature and Maths)
A2 predictions A*A*A* (Chemistry, Biology and English Literature)
UKCAT 680 average Band 1 SJ

Would the fact that I have opted to take English Literature onto A2 opposed to Maths hinder my chances of being a successful applicant and is my UKCAT score high enough?
I'm hoping to apply through the PARTNERS scheme, I love Newcastle and it would definitely be my firm option.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi,
This is partly regarding partners partly not. But you said that our predicted grades have to match or exceed the partners requirement, and I wanted to ask that if i were to apply the regular way would i still be given an offer if my predicted grades didnt match or exceed AAB?
thanks
Also, is it possible to not get the regular offer and then be given the chance to go for the partners scheme instead?
Reply 13
Original post by mathsaddict1234
Hi,
This is partly regarding partners partly not. But you said that our predicted grades have to match or exceed the partners requirement, and I wanted to ask that if i were to apply the regular way would i still be given an offer if my predicted grades didnt match or exceed AAB?
thanks

No you have to meet ABB to be considered so if you're predicted that then you won't be able to apply for the normal route
No you have to meet ABB to be considered so if you're predicted that then you won't be able to apply for the normal route

I don't understand. So for the normal route, you have to be at least ABB to be considered?
Reply 15
I don't understand. So for the normal route, you have to be at least ABB to be considered?

Normal route is AAA
Partners is ABB
Normal route is AAA
Partners is ABB

No. Normal route is AAB for accounting and finance. You're wrong.
Reply 17
No. Normal route is AAB for accounting and finance. You're wrong.

Oh sorry I thought you were onna about medicine/dentistry so the partners route will be 2 grades lower : BBB
Oh sorry I thought you were onna about medicine/dentistry so the partners route will be 2 grades lower : BBB

My main question wasn't this though, it was whether or not I could be considered for the normal route with predicted grades of ABB/BBB
Reply 19
My main question wasn't this though, it was whether or not I could be considered for the normal route with predicted grades of ABB/BBB

Maybe or maybe not.
Ring them up and ask them if they will consider you with a grade lower as your course isn't as competitive as let's say med.

Quick Reply

Latest