The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deltasierra27
Latter

Was the interview by HR or business? Did they grill on markets knowledge or mainly competencies as they say on the website? A friend did it, he said it was only like 15 min. :/
anyone know what test providers RBS use?
Everyone still awaiting communication from Barclays for the test?
Original post by Commercial Paper
The most appropriate response is to be honest. You don't have to give all the details - "I am at second round interviews with another American bank" will suffice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I accidently named the bank but oh well... Thanks for the tip!
Original post by shannonswelt
Was the interview by HR or business? Did they grill on markets knowledge or mainly competencies as they say on the website? A friend did it, he said it was only like 15 min. :/

HR, Purely competency based and yeah, they said it would be 15 mins but mine ran over by about 5 or 10 mins due to one of the questions being pretty open-ended... but you'll know which one it is when you get to it :smile: haha
Reply 1685
Does anyone know how much time do we have to complete Barclays stage 2? they don't specify it in the email
Reply 1686
Original post by Dante991
Everyone still awaiting communication from Barclays for the test?

I finished stage one half 11 last night, still no invite to 2nd round. Rejection then I guess...
Does Credit Suisse automatically reject you if you didn't pass the online tests? I have just received an email saying

"This is to confirm that we have received your completed application and look forward to reviewing it at our earliest opportunity. Please keep in mind that we receive a large volume of applications and appreciate your patience while we review. "
Original post by d_cj
Does anyone know how much time do we have to complete Barclays stage 2? they don't specify it in the email

It said 48 hours on mine for the video Interview
Reply 1689
Original post by TheParham
It said 48 hours on mine for the video Interview

mine literally says nothing about timeline but will assume 48 hours then
thnx
Original post by Deltasierra27
HR, Purely competency based and yeah, they said it would be 15 mins but mine ran over by about 5 or 10 mins due to one of the questions being pretty open-ended... but you'll know which one it is when you get to it :smile: haha

Got it. Thanks! :smile:
Hey Guys,

So far I've applied to

DB, GS, MS, JPM, UBS, Lazard, Credit Suisse, RBC, MUFG, BNY, RBS, BlackRock.

Would anyone be able to tell me any other banks/asset management/anything else that's similar that you can think of where I can apply to?

Anyone knows the e-mail or phone number for Barcz HR?
Original post by tsr9002
Hey Guys,

So far I've applied to

DB, GS, MS, JPM, UBS, Lazard, Credit Suisse, RBC, MUFG, BNY, RBS, BlackRock.

Would anyone be able to tell me any other banks/asset management/anything else that's similar that you can think of where I can apply to?

Can you link me BNY? also you forgot barclays :smile:
Original post by TheParham
Anyone knows the e-mail or phone number for Barcz HR?

[email protected] or [email protected]

I think someone in the graduate thread has a phone number for them, ask them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MaGeehkaal
Can you link me BNY? also you forgot barclays :smile:

BNY was a really weird one for me - seemed as though I applied to an American scheme not something in EMEA...
got to do my barclays vid interview in next couple of hours. any advice or hints on questions they ask? thanks
Original post by zlatan89
got to do my barclays vid interview in next couple of hours. any advice or hints on questions they ask? thanks

division?

also how long did you wait before getting the video invite?
Original post by MaGeehkaal
division?

also how long did you wait before getting the video invite?

investment banking

half an hour or so
Can one of you boys please post the link to Citi's Summer Internships in London? I can not find them for the life of me. Cheers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending