The Student Room Group

How much are utility bills for one person?

This question may have been asked before but roughly the flat is a new built newly renovated flat. Will have electric no gas which I assume would be better financially.

Internet will be around £17 with sky for 9 months so if I add elec and water how much would it be? Everything will be new so I'm unsure if this will be more energy efficient.
I pay £8.50 per month for my water.
Reply 2
I'm in debt £2530 for my water.
Water depends on the company, ours if £28 a month as a flat rate (can't get a meter in our building), i haggled to get our internet down to £20 all in, we've no gas supply and the electric is £25 for the us of us. Call it £50 for one person and that should be more than enough i recon.
I pay £20 a month for electricity; but I have gas too. My flat is old and my gas is stupidly high. I'm on a water metre too.
Original post by claireestelle
Water depends on the company, ours if £28 a month as a flat rate (can't get a meter in our building), i haggled to get our internet down to £20 all in, we've no gas supply and the electric is £25 for the us of us. Call it £50 for one person and that should be more than enough i recon.

So would I leave aside £50 for all bills or 50 for both elec and water? I would try and be frugal and more aware of elec switching stuff of etc
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
So would I leave aside £50 for all bills or 50 for both elec and water? I would try and be frugal and more aware of elec switching stuff of etc

£50 for electric and water unless your company offers a single occupier discount.
Reply 7
I've lived alone for 9 months now in West Yorkshire and my costs are as follows (per month)..

Water: £40
Electricity: £25 (no gas, economy 7)
Council Tax: £15
Sky: £25 (may be able to find cheaper)

On top of that you'll have your own direct debits for stuff like your phone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending