The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Waveyalex
Any help debating whether to drop psychology for economics any advice would appreciated :biggrin:

if you don't like it and want to take economics then do it now, don't get to far into the psychology course, do it.
Original post by nisha.sri
Same with 3 frees tomorrow - well I don't really have frees at all it's supervised study lessons

Was that sarcastic ? Or not ?

No i Legit love it, got 14 frees in total and great lessons and teachers and students. its great
Original post by Im_trying
No i Legit love it, got 14 frees in total and great lessons and teachers and students. its great

Aw thats good :h:
Aw thats good :h:

do you like it?
Original post by Im_trying
do you like it?

Yes i do :h: Although i get tired a lot after i come from school :colondollar:
How is everyone finding sixth form so far ?

I'm actually so tired, like I didn't expect myself to be sleeping 8 full hours a day, but here I am lol
How is everyone finding sixth form so far ?

Great, actually. The class sizes are good and the workload is all right (for now).

Posted from TSR Mobile
- What are your hobbies and interests?
I'm into researching and developing new skills independently, I also like video games and studying technology.
- What subjects are you planning to take?
I'm taking Computer Science, Physics, Maths Mechanics and Further Maths.
- Your favourite subject(s)?
My favourite subject is maths.
- Your ideal future occupation?
My future occupation is to be working in AI, or if my mind changes then either a physicists or a mathematician.
Reply 568
Original post by _Hafsa
Got my timetable today and I think I have the most frees here. 20 free periods not including 2 compulsory independent study periods a week. I do English lit, History and Sociology, so I'm surprised I have so much frees, it might be because I go to a sixth form college.

I'm similar. I have 15 hours frees in a week, and 3 of study sessions. Sixth form college too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kxjzh
I'm similar. I have 15 hours frees in a week, and 3 of study sessions. Sixth form college too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't it great :biggrin:
Everyone's here talking about their timetables and homework and I haven't even started college yet! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 571
I get so bored though. I've had to be in school for the last two hours for study sessions, but I had no work to do! I like being with my friends but I'd rather be at home!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So, a bit of an update. I had to move college. Which is a little intense but okay.

Essentially the college I was going to was both far away and also had mediocre results and weren't all that willing for people to aim above getting a C grade. It was sort of a we'll get you a pass kind of college and while I was willing to work for my grades they were largely unsupportive of it. Some of the teachers were great but overall it's already been a struggle just a few days in.

So I'm moving to a new college. Which is exciting but also really stressful. This ones so much closer and also has great results and programs. As well as actually having extra curricular activities. So yeah...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by unrealistic
So, a bit of an update. I had to move college. Which is a little intense but okay.

Essentially the college I was going to was both far away and also had mediocre results and weren't all that willing for people to aim above getting a C grade. It was sort of a we'll get you a pass kind of college and while I was willing to work for my grades they were largely unsupportive of it. Some of the teachers were great but overall it's already been a struggle just a few days in.

So I'm moving to a new college. Which is exciting but also really stressful. This ones so much closer and also has great results and programs. As well as actually having extra curricular activities. So yeah...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Extra curricular activities are very important and useful for ucas and helping to love your subject more when it Comes to applying to university. My school offers so so much
Original post by ForeverFrench
Extra curricular activities are very important and useful for ucas and helping to love your subject more when it Comes to applying to university. My school offers so so much

Yeah, the last college I was at really wasn't that great at doing that sort of stuff. The most extracurricular it got was a few sports teams that were only availble to those who were doing pe subjects.

Really excited to move to this college, just looking at the options. Still a little stressful and nervous over whether I've missed much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by unrealistic
Yeah, the last college I was at really wasn't that great at doing that sort of stuff. The most extracurricular it got was a few sports teams that were only availble to those who were doing pe subjects.

Really excited to move to this college, just looking at the options. Still a little stressful and nervous over whether I've missed much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I started Wednesday at the same school I did my GCSEs at not much has being done tbh. I was nervous and stressed and still am even though I know the school really well. It's normal don't worry! You'll be fine
Original post by ForeverFrench
I started Wednesday at the same school I did my GCSEs at not much has being done tbh. I was nervous and stressed and still am even though I know the school really well. It's normal don't worry! You'll be fine

Thanks, just got this sort of paranoia that I'm going to get there and they're going to have covered half the course or something. Stupid I know :biggrin:

Enrolling this afternoon though...
Reply 577
Okay I need some help. My biology teacher does not think I'll be able to cope with the course because I got a C in additional science. The requirement is at least a B at Core Science, and a B at additional, but I got A at core and C at additional. I have had mental health problems the last year, and I had a 'friend' who wouldn't let me get any work done in biology this year so I know, I can do better. But I don't know what to do. Help? Anyone?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 10 free periods per week :biggrin:!!! and on Monday I'm going on a trip to visit Sussex University :u:
Reply 579
Know this is a year 12 thread, but can anyone help me with this maths question plz? A set of four numbers has a mode of 6, a median of 7 and a range of 8. What are the four numbers? Thanks :smile:

I assume that since the mode is 6, there must be two sixes out of the four numbers.

Please help thanks :biggrin:

Latest