The Student Room Group

Big Four Applications 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by rd123456
Thanks ! was the logical similar to the real one in terms of difficulty also can u pls give me some advice on the work style personality questionairre as not looking forward to it

Logic was similar. Not too difficult for PwC. I would just advise doing as much practice as possible for them. The more you do, the more you see which patterns start reappearing.*

As for the PwC questionnaire, I really don't know. Its long and repetitive. I just tried to answer honestly, but it forces you to make choices that you don't really want to. I guess you could try to balance your answers, i.e. don't repeatedly put teamwork as a dislike, but then your answers may look very inconsistent since you aren't likely to remember exactly what you put for each question.*
Original post by josh_v
Logic was similar. Not too difficult for PwC. I would just advise doing as much practice as possible for them. The more you do, the more you see which patterns start reappearing.*

As for the PwC questionnaire, I really don't know. Its long and repetitive. I just tried to answer honestly, but it forces you to make choices that you don't really want to. I guess you could try to balance your answers, i.e. don't repeatedly put teamwork as a dislike, but then your answers may look very inconsistent since you aren't likely to remember exactly what you put for each question.*

Is PwC questionnaire, numerical and logical? Are they SHL?
Reply 62
Original post by B-Stacks
Is PwC questionnaire, numerical and logical? Are they SHL?

Yeah its those 3. And I believe its SHL.*
Reply 63
Has anybody received the tests for EY?
Original post by polecon
Has anybody received the tests for EY?

Not yet, I applied last week and still havent recieved anything.
Reply 65
Has anyone done the BDO tests? What should I expect from the numerical test? Im about to do it today, but just trying to get prepared.
Reply 66
Received invitation to take assessments from EY.
Original post by BH83
Anyone got/had an interview for PwC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive done online tests got above average in both but the email said getting average or above average doesnt automoatically guarantee progression to the next stage and that youll have to wait 5 days to find out.

Hoping ive made it

Just wondering did u go score exceptional.
Reply 68
Original post by yusuf_777
Ive done online tests got above average in both but the email said getting average or above average doesnt automoatically guarantee progression to the next stage and that youll have to wait 5 days to find out.

Hoping ive made it

Just wondering did u go score exceptional.

I'm pretty sure I didn't get the highest scores so you should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by polecon
Received invitation to take assessments from EY.

In my email it says they must be completed within three days, does this mean 3 working days or exactly 72 hours
Reply 70
Original post by nick6565
In my email it says they must be completed within three days, does this mean 3 working days or exactly 72 hours

Im under the impression that it is 72 hours. It doesnt mention business days in the email.
Reply 71
Original post by josh_v
Im under the impression that it is 72 hours. It doesnt mention business days in the email.

Have you done the tests ?
Reply 72

No not yet. I will be doing them tomorrow.*
Bloody hell you guys are keen.
Whilst I'm still here, I start at Deloitte next week; if anyone wants any pointers.
Reply 74
Original post by Inazuma
Bloody hell you guys are keen.
Whilst I'm still here, I start at Deloitte next week; if anyone wants any pointers.

Did you apply to the any others apart from deloitte? What role are you going into ?Any advice for applications?
Did you apply to the any others apart from deloitte? What role are you going into ?Any advice for applications?

I applied extremely late (January) so unfortunately no experience of the others. I'm going into Risk Advisory (Consultancy).

Probably one important thing is to remember Professional services are all about clients. Any experience you can use to reflect that and reiterate throughout the process helps. Professional services.... Professional servants :wink:
Similarly, professional services isn't only about smarts (that's what the tests are for), but highly regard you as a person and your fit. That's why you need to know each firms values inside out (Deloitte is big on quality for example) to ensure they will like you and you them.
And making sure you're balanced as a person - clients and colleagues need to trust you and like you, so being a genius is not enough. Reflect that too - teamwork, interactions and generally being likeable when you hopefully get to interviews.

Also each sector is different, things like Tax or Audit require a lot more accuracy and perfection (due to the obvious risks) than perhaps consultancy etc requires, so reading as much as possible through company websites, news articles etc helps.

And don't be disheartened if you don't succeed, they get many applicants and their reasons for rejection won't always be down to much more than not fitting in.
Reply 76

I've just sat the EY tests.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone here applying for school leavers or is this just for grads?
Reply 78
Original post by BH83
I've just sat the EY tests.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How was it?
Reply 79
Original post by e^x
How was it?

They weren't too bad, just the standard 'situational awareness', 'business behaviour' and personality tests.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply