The Student Room Group

[Asking Girls] Need reassurance, find my personality attractive?

Hi, I (male, 16) live in an area where a lot of the girls seem to only be interested in guys who have big muscles, 6-packs and are really sporty.

I just need some reassurance that there are girls in this world who would find me attractive.

I'm quite lanky (tall and slim), I way about 8st 9lbs, so on the borderline of underweight/healthy weight. I am a bit of a nerd (likes computers and tech) but play piano, not classically, but whatever i feel like. I am a filmmaker and am quite mature for my age. I often hang out with friends at least 3 years older than me and fit in fine. I was quite an introvert (also not popular where I live) but am hanging out more now.

I'm not really into celebrities or anything like that (again, quite popular where i live). I'm quite smart but don't really like to show off, I'm humble and can be a really supportive guy if you were open to me.

So I wanna know, do I sound like a cool guy (like just a friend) or someone you would actually date or something like that? Because I feel like I'm very out-of-place when it comes to the stereotypical guy. Also, what's your height?

EDIT: Some of my closest friends (my age) are sporty and have dated before, which doesn't really help my situation.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You seem like a cool guy, maybe those girls don't deserve you. Don't rush into relationships. Why not pop up to an old school friend? And just hang around with her, talk, get to know her etc. Or college friends? You don't need to be muscley to be attractive. It's all about your personality and those girls are never going to find a decent, lovely guy if they keep on running after muscley guys don't change for no one dude! You sound cool and being a film maker sound so cool! Do you have a website that I can maybe check out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Find decent guy*

Posted from TSR Mobile
You really shouldn't feel insecure about yourself, you sound like my ideal guy tbh, shame that you're younger than me me looool. A lot of girls don't really care about 6-packs etc...unless they really are that superficial, and I even know some girls whose types are specifically lanky/tall guys. We're not all into muscles and chunky lads. I think it's great you're a nerd and never lose your humbleness, because that is so rare to find in guys nowadays unfortunately. Hope you will learn to gain more confidence in yourself.:h:
Original post by Hambi123
You seem like a cool guy, maybe those girls don't deserve you. Don't rush into relationships. Why not pop up to an old school friend? And just hang around with her, talk, get to know her etc. Or college friends? You don't need to be muscley to be attractive. It's all about your personality and those girls are never going to find a decent, lovely guy if they keep on running after muscley guys don't change for no one dude! You sound cool and being a film maker sound so cool! Do you have a website that I can maybe check out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, my professional videos are here https://vimeo.com/user43320887

Thanks for the advice! It's nice to know that there's another real person who thinks you're an awesome guy. I have never expressed a want for a relationship, but it doesn't mean that I don't want one (like people assume).
Original post by Lunch@Tiffany
You really shouldn't feel insecure about yourself, you sound like my ideal guy tbh, shame that you're younger than me me looool. A lot of girls don't really care about 6-packs etc...unless they really are that superficial, and I even know some girls whose types are specifically lanky/tall guys. We're not all into muscles and chunky lads. I think it's great you're a nerd and never lose your humbleness, because that is so rare to find in guys nowadays unfortunately. Hope you will learn to gain more confidence in yourself.:h:

Aww thanks! Quick reply too! How old are you then?
Reply 6
Original post by Seth00
Hi, I (male, 16) live in an area where a lot of the girls seem to only be interested in guys who have big muscles, 6-packs and are really sporty.

I just need some reassurance that there are girls in this world who would find me attractive.

I'm quite lanky (tall and slim), I way about 8st 9lbs, so on the borderline of underweight/healthy weight. I am a bit of a nerd (likes computers and tech) but play piano, not classically, but whatever i feel like. I am a filmmaker and am quite mature for my age. I often hang out with friends at least 3 years older than me and fit in fine. I was quite an introvert (also not popular where I live) but am hanging out more now.

I'm not really into celebrities or anything like that (again, quite popular where i live). I'm quite smart but don't really like to show off, I'm humble and can be a really supportive guy if you were open to me.

So I wanna know, do I sound like a cool guy (like just a friend) or someone you would actually date or something like that? Because I feel like I'm very out-of-place when it comes to the stereotypical guy. Also, what's your height?

EDIT: Some of my closest friends (my age) are sporty and have dated before, which doesn't really help my situation.

Heyy so Im a 16 year old girl (lol) and tbh even though I find guys who are sporty and all physically attractive, I would NEVER date someone like that as 9 times out of 10 they're super shallow. You acc sound quite a lot like me: I'm clever, but would never show off about it; I play the violin (nerdy ik haha) and kind (so many girls are b**ches omg). So yeah, obviously i've never seen you in real life, but if you're as nice as you make yourself sound, then maybe I would date you ahaha (I hope i don't sound creepy, I just want you to know that there is DEFINITELY a girl out there for you ;p)
Original post by Tea2345
Heyy so Im a 16 year old girl (lol) and tbh even though I find guys who are sporty and all physically attractive, I would NEVER date someone like that as 9 times out of 10 they're super shallow. You acc sound quite a lot like me: I'm clever, but would never show off about it; I play the violin (nerdy ik haha) and kind (so many girls are b**ches omg). So yeah, obviously i've never seen you in real life, but if you're as nice as you make yourself sound, then maybe I would date you ahaha (I hope i don't sound creepy, I just want you to know that there is DEFINITELY a girl out there for you ;p)

Not creepy at all! Much appreciated! It's nice to know someone would date me, I just struggle a bit with talking to people I don't really know (luckily there's the internet!), most of my friends I've grown up with my whole life, so making new ones is difficult!

EDIT: I like to think of myself as a classy gentleman. You know, first dates at nice restaurants and lending my coat when they're cold. It's just I've never dated anyone before, so I've never actually been able to do any of that stuff:tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Seth00
Not creepy at all! Much appreciated! It's nice to know someone would date me, I just struggle a bit with talking to people I don't really know (luckily there's the internet!), most of my friends I've grown up with my whole life, so making new ones is difficult!

I can completely relate! Had to move around a lot when i was younger and making new friends is hard work, let alone trying to talk to guys (most are so immature!) Just be as confident as you can and i'm sure you'll find a very lucky girl soon!:wink:

EDIT: just saw your edit hahah and omg you literally sound like the perfect guy !! I would love someone like that :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Seth00

Nah, you're fine, mate. Is the fact that you've never dated anyone that makes you insecure?
Original post by Tea2345
I can completely relate! Had to move around a lot when i was younger and making new friends is hard work, let alone trying to talk to guys (most are so immature!) Just be as confident as you can and i'm sure you'll find a very lucky girl soon!:wink:

EDIT: just saw your edit hahah and omg you literally sound like the perfect guy !! I would love someone like that :smile:

Thanks! Such a shame we probs don't live near:tongue:
Original post by Rhaenys10
Nah, you're fine, mate. Is the fact that you've never dated anyone that makes you insecure?

Probably yeah. Most of the girls I've known (school etc.) just wouldn't be interested in me because they've dated guys like I've described before. I know that they don't see me in that way. At least that's probably what they'd say if I asked them out. I don't really have many friends who are girls. I probably speak to my sister most of all the girls I talk to (we are really close).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hambi123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, I did reply, it's just being approved, probably because I included a link to my Vimeo page. Just search SmartworkFilms Vimeo in Google or something. There's like 3 results that are all me:biggrin:
Original post by Seth00
Thanks! Such a shame we probs don't live near:tongue:

aw ik, life's tough i guess :frown: maybe fate will bring us together lol :wink:
Original post by Tea2345
aw ik, life's tough i guess :frown: maybe fate will bring us together lol :wink:

one dayyyy.......just maybe......

Damn it. I'm gonna have to ask every girl I go out with if they use TSR now!!!
Original post by Seth00
Probably yeah. Most of the girls I've known (school etc.) just wouldn't be interested in me because they've dated guys like I've described before. I know that they don't see me in that way. At least that's probably what they'd say if I asked them out. I don't really have many friends who are girls. I probably speak to my sister most of all the girls I talk to (we are really close).

I don't necessarily think that's true. I mean, there's no girl that would like to date only one type of guy - at least I wouldn't. Duplicates aren't really that interesting, and muscles won't really keep a convo going, you know?

I think what you lack is confidence. If you believe in yourself and use your qualities to your advantage, you'll develop a certain charm, and guess what? That's what makes us tick. You don't have to be a show off, but you've got some aptitudes, some of which girls may find truly interesting, so take advantage of them.

And btw, it's perfectly fine if you speak to your sister more than with other girls. As long as there's no Lannister stuff involved (jk lol), it's pretty sweet.
Original post by Seth00
one dayyyy.......just maybe......

Damn it. I'm gonna have to ask every girl I go out with if they use TSR now!!!

hahahahaha sounds like a really nerdy version of cinderella XD

EDIT I'll be asking all the guys i talk to as well :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rhaenys10
I don't necessarily think that's true. I mean, there's no girl that would like to date only one type of guy - at least I wouldn't. Duplicates aren't really that interesting, and muscles won't really keep a convo going, you know?

I think what you lack is confidence. If you believe in yourself and use your qualities to your advantage, you'll develop a certain charm, and guess what? That's what makes us tick. You don't have to be a show off, but you've got some aptitudes, some of which girls may find truly interesting, so take advantage of them.

And btw, it's perfectly fine if you speak to your sister more than with other girls. As long as there's no Lannister stuff involved (jk lol), it's pretty sweet.

Thanks a lot! Very helpful and motivating!
Reply 18
Original post by Seth00

OP you're 16. you're young. Have you seen the matrix?
It might of come out before you were born. If you haven't seen it watch it.

because in the bolded part you have clearly seen the redpill

but it seems like you are now turning back to seeking comfort from the bluepill [the unbolded part]
Original post by ANM775
OP you're 16. you're young. Have you seen the matrix?
It might of come out before you were born. If you haven't seen it watch it.

because in the bolded part you have clearly seen the redpill

but it seems like you are now turning back to seeking comfort from the bluepill [the unbolded part]

Yeah I've seen it. It's a good analogy! Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest