The Student Room Group

Anyone quit smoking and miss it dearly?

I've lost a little glowing friend who never let me down

I don't know what to do with my hands anymore

Mornings are dull without coffee & cigarettes

I feel I don't deserve to have a beard any longer

My focus has gone without those smoky little energy sticks

Is vaping any good?
I feel like vaping can actually be a lot lot worse in terms of nicotine addiction, as you're sucking on the damned thing 24/7 whereas you only smokes x amount of cigarettes per day. Tbh I think the best thing to do is just let it go completely, I know it's hard but the vape route isn't one decent human beings go down. Failing letting go, you could always keep the ciggies up, I certainly don't plan to quit smoking for a few years yet but you seem to be quite a few years older than me, in light of the fact you are currently a phD student. In all seriousness, if you are concerned about your health and want to quit then the best thing is to just give up nicotine entirely, there will come a time when you no longer miss it and are satisfied and happy in the mornings again sans cigarette. Good luck with quitting
Original post by macromicro
Yeah I told myself I'd quit when I'm 25 so here I am, cig-free for a month. Main thing I miss is the focus. I used to smoke while reading/writing and it kept me awake and alert. Now I get early nights and wake up to sickly fresh air like a healthy person. Next I'll be making wheatgrass smoothies and jogging to the library with a man bun. Maybe the correct argument is that I will fail my PhD if I don't continue to smoke...? Yes, yes... that's it... I'm just thinking about my education you see.

Isn't vaping less harmful though? Give me some hope here?

yeah I think it is - though not entirely safe I believe? Are you sure you want to commit to the vape life tho? If I where to quit, I think I would most miss breaking up intense study sessions with cigarettes - always the time that I most appreciated them. Also once I get a few drinks down I start chain smoking like it's the 1950's
Reply 3
Original post by k.russell
yeah I think it is - though not entirely safe I believe? Are you sure you want to commit to the vape life tho? If I where to quit, I think I would most miss breaking up intense study sessions with cigarettes - always the time that I most appreciated them. Also once I get a few drinks down I start chain smoking like it's the 1950's

The good old steam engine at the pub.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by macromicro
I've lost a little glowing friend who never let me down

Never lets you down, until it gives you lung cancer and causes you to have a heart attack.

Well done on giving up though and don't vape as you'll look stupid. Might as well keep smoking.
(edited 7 years ago)
lol that was like a sad little poem.

Tbh I don't know why anyone says anything bad about vaping, it is a million times better than smoking -

-NHS and all major studies show it to be 95%+ less harmful than cigs
-can smoke in pubs, aeroplanes, cinema, you name it
-no bad smell
-doesn't stain teeth/fingers or age you
-don't need a lighter
-much, much, much cheaper
-customise flavours
-customise nicotine strength
-customise vape cloud
-it's more of a 'hobby' with a community

get on the vape train buddy
Original post by k.russell
yeah I think it is - though not entirely safe I believe?

Nothing is entirely safe; there's risk factors is doing anything, but vaping is far safer than smoking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think it's much more difficult to quit smoking. Because lot's of alternative methods has established already. Even I have heard about vaping which is alternative to smoking. And I have seen my friend who is fully back him from smoking simply following the different methods. You can try for it though. Here is a helpful method you can simply try https://www.blacknote.com/e-juice-sample-pack/

Hope that help!
You need to be strong now boy. Just know if you're ever tempted to pick up a fag especially if your day has been **** then you may have 1 minute of pleasure but you will have to start the whole process of never smoking again.

Quick Reply

Latest