The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The Official Exeter Applicants Thread 2017 Entry

Hey everyone! Here's a thread where we can all discuss the admissions process, AS and predicted grades, courses etc for Exeter. I'm looking to study Politics and am hoping to receive an AAB offer after my meh AS grades (ABCC).

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm looking at 2017 entry too. Will be applying for Medical Science and hopefully will get ABB by next year; although like you I had okay As results (BBBB), It will be my first choice. Hopefully my teachers are kind and will give me good predicted grades. Good luck.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I'm hoping to apply to Exeter for Physics/Astrophysics; I got AAB for my AS and hopefully will get predicted enough for the subject :biggrin:
Hey~ I'm applying for History at Exeter, and will probably get a A*AA offer as that seems to be standard? I got AAAA as AS
Reply 4
Original post by heffalumpys
Hey~ I'm applying for History at Exeter, and will probably get a A*AA offer as that seems to be standard? I got AAAA as AS

Wow that's fantastic! I'm sure you'll get a place.
Reply 5
Just seen this thread, currently in my second year at Exeter studying Economics and Finance. Wish you all the best in your applications.
Will be applying to Exeter to do Politics and International Relations. Got BBBBB at AS Level so am hoping for ABB offer.

Original post by J0eJ0e994
Hey everyone! Here's a thread where we can all discuss the admissions process, AS and predicted grades, courses etc for Exeter. I'm looking to study Politics and am hoping to receive an AAB offer after my meh AS grades (ABCC).
Hey! :smile:

EU student here! :smile:

Hoping to apply for English. I already have my exam results (all A*/A equivalents :smile:) so I hope I'll be fine! :smile:
Reply 8

I'm looking for PPE / Politics and Philosophy. I didn't do as well in my as levels as I was predicted but I'm still happy (AABC). I love Exeter so much, it's the only uni I actually like properly
Wow that's fantastic! I'm sure you'll get a place.

Thanks so much! I'm not so sure though, History seems pretty competitive..
Reply 10
Thanks so much! I'm not so sure though, History seems pretty competitive..

It is but alongside a solid personal statement you'll be fine
It is but alongside a solid personal statement you'll be fine

Thanks for the reassurance. Is Exeter your top pick?
Reply 12
Thanks for the reassurance. Is Exeter your top pick?

Joint with york atm. I need to go and see both really but yh its up there.
Who else is applying for English?
Dont worry too much about AS grades. I had BCCE at AS and still got an offer (Predicted ABB)
I am applying for International Relations and Strategy and International Security with Japanese (a Flexible Combined Honours degree). My AS grades were AAAB and my personal statement is very good, but I am hoping for an offer lower than A*AA because I have special circumstances.

Good luck, everyone! :smile: Do your best~ Hopefully, it will work out for all of us in the end :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Michiyo
I am applying for International Relations and Strategy and International Security with Japanese (a Flexible Combined Honours degree). My AS grades were AAAB and my personal statement is very good, but I am hoping for an offer lower than A*AA because I have special circumstances.

Good luck, everyone! :smile: Do your best~ Hopefully, it will work out for all of us in the end :smile:

Most people I know got the middle to lower end of the offer range and we didn't have special circumstances (not that I know of anyway) so if you do have special circumstances it will almost definitely be lower than A*AA
Original post by Jack1066
(..)

Think I saw you on the other forum-like site :tongue:

Also applying for 2017 entry. Going to apply for Physics with study in Australia - I hope I get the lower offer as the offers range from A*AA to AAB and looking on this page I probably meet the first and third contextual criteria. My AS results were a lot better than expected with AAAB (B is 3 UMS off an A and currently getting remarked) considering my teachers predicted me BBBB. Still haven't got predicted grades for A-level yet. Good luck everyone, I may be firming Exeter depending on my offer - if its A*AA then no thanks.
Original post by DarkEnergy
Think I saw you on the other forum-like site :tongue:

Also applying for 2017 entry. Going to apply for Physics with study in Australia - I hope I get the lower offer as the offers range from A*AA to AAB and looking on this page I probably meet the first and third contextual criteria. My AS results were a lot better than expected with AAAB (B is 3 UMS off an A and currently getting remarked) considering my teachers predicted me BBBB. Still haven't got predicted grades for A-level yet. Good luck everyone, I may be firming Exeter depending on my offer - if its A*AA then no thanks.

haha if it was /r/6thform then yes it was definitely me.

If you meet the contextual criteria then yeah that seems likely you will receive the lower offer of AAB.

Your predictions are very strange, I would definitely fight for a higher prediction in all of those subjects as BBBB predictions dont reflect your ability and will limit you in terms of University offers
Original post by Jack1066
Your predictions are very strange, I would definitely fight for a higher prediction in all of those subjects as BBBB predictions dont reflect your ability and will limit you in terms of University offers

Sorry, I meant predicted BBBB at AS :smile: I'm assuming my A-level predicted grades will be better, probably an A* in Chemistry because of my raw marks, then either an A* or A in Physics then a A in Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest