The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by john2054
stigma is very real and a great problem for some people who suffer from mental illness though?
Exactly! I said don't buy into it get the help you deserve is what I meant...
stigma is very real and a great problem for some people who suffer from mental illness though?

That was LP's way of saying that Saber's problems are as just important as someone witb physical problems. :yep:

That's literally what she just said...:

Original post by Little Popcorns
you know how debilitating it can all be.
I.
Exactly! I said don't buy into it get the help you deserve is what I meant...

Original post by Airmed
That was LP's way of saying that Saber's problems are as just important as someone witb physical problems. :yep:

Original post by Anonymous

internalised stigma isn't something which you just buy in to, but something which is forced on you from the outside, by by society. i also suffer from this every day
Original post by Airmed
Yes tis thank you lovely!

Original post by Anonymous
I did thanks :redface: I am one to use flowery language quite often though to be fair :tongue:
internalised stigma isn't something which you just buy in to, but something which is forced on you from the outside, by by society. i also suffer from this every day

We all do. We are all mental health sufferers here. We all face this stigmatisation from society.
Yes tis thank you lovely!

I did thanks :redface: I am one to use flowery language quite often though to be fair :tongue:

I love your flowery language :love:
Feel so *****y.
stressed about the technicalities of one of my projects and keep comparing it to the other one in another subject which i am performing to 'degree level' apparently (lol) so now i feel really **** about the other one which is just normal standard cos it is now my weakest thing compared to my other 2 things probably.
but it's fine cos why am i stressing cos 'you've done way more than everyone else'
so cant possibly be stressed and ffs just want to cry i cant do 32 weeks of this.

people assume things come easy and it pisses me off greatly.
'How can you be stressed you got all A's'
mhm and to get those A's involved considerable amounts of anxiety, stuff i probably cant say on here and all nighters, nightmares etc but no it's fine cos everything is fine.

and my nightmares never went away like i thought they would when we started again and palpitations have come back especially in a certain lesson.

sigh.

9 out of 10 people who have a mental illness suffer from some sort of discrimination at some point in their lives. As Airmed said, it's almost inevitable all of us in here will experience it; which is why raising mental health awareness is so, so important.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Airmed
I love your flowery language :love:
Aw but... :cry2: you just made my day! thank you :h: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Aw :hugs:

Ahhh, LP :lovehug:
Original post by iEthan
Ahhh, LP :lovehug:
hehe this is what low confidence does to you... compliments are like gold dust to me :cute: :hugs:
hehe this is what low confidence does to you... compliments are like gold dust to me :cute: :hugs:

Whereas I never know what to do with them! :tongue: Hope you're OK LP :hugs:
Original post by iEthan
Whereas I never know what to do with them! :tongue: Hope you're OK LP :hugs:
it is uncomfortable sometimes isn't it but come on... in a nice way! :h:
I don't feel too good. :hide:
I fit near enough all the symptoms of schizoid personality disorder, reading out the symptoms is like reading a description of my personality. I have felt like this for some time but now I feel like it is starting to stop me from going out and doing stuff, as well as not caring much at all for friends and certain family members, I feel like I should ask for help, however I feel like that there is little that someone could do to help me, because I would struggle to engage in any therapy. Also, medication is completely out of the question, God only knows what poison they would be giving to me.

Any advice would be great, thanks.
Most of my grades were ds, so i think i do know what i am talking about. You must be talking about a level, where i think a d is a fail.

PS it doesn't matter about me, thanks for asking though. I was talking about having some of my conversations stopped.

here is proof about the d (40-49%): Maybe you haven't reached degree level yet?

gradesd.jpg

A D is 60-69% and I do know what I'm talking about. I attend university in the USA so things are different to the UK :smile:
Okay Sabretooth, well here that grade is a b. And i managed to get that for my degree. One of my friends who went to a good us university, actually told me that she thought it is easier to get good grades in the us, from her year over there. She also got a 2.1 (b).
Original post by Airmed
Saber, your problems are just as important as someone with physical disabilities. :hugs: You're not pathetic at all, I think it's brilliant how you've returned to uni to study.

Original post by iEthan
Amen :hugs: you've got this. You're not pathetic at all!

That's the problem with these kinds of illnesses but don't buy into that internalised stigma you know how debilitating it can all be. Okay good plan hope they get back to you soon :smile:
I'm okay thanks just coasting along...

aw thanks for the support, guys. You are all so nice. :cry2:

Uni is closed for the day now so I have all weekend to decide on the best way to phrase this email.

Latest