The Student Room Group

Radical preacher Anjem Choudary jailed for five years.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SlavsOut
While he was almost certainly under the command of the gov/MI5 I thought he raised some pretty good points (better than most commentators I can think of actually) about the social moral hypocrisy of white British society regularly calling out crackers who criticise Islam when most kaffir dont even clean their arse properly, dont cook, dont give a **** about school and put their own parents in homes etc....

You're either crazy, a troll, or a plant.
Would've been happier with more than fifteen years but thank god he's not walking free.
He'll preach to inmates, so his 'work' continues sadly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Would've been happier with more than fifteen years but thank god he's not walking free.

It's a piss take that he didn't get the maximum sentence, which (I think) is 10 years.
Original post by SlavsOut
While he was almost certainly under the command of the gov/MI5 I thought he raised some pretty good points (better than most commentators I can think of actually) about the social moral hypocrisy of white British society regularly calling out crackers who criticise Islam when most kaffir dont even clean their arse properly, dont cook, dont give a **** about school and put their own parents in homes etc....

Please be trolling. :redface:
Original post by JamesN88
It's a piss take that he didn't get the maximum sentence, which (I think) is 10 years.

Thanks to the left, 10 years only equals 5 years in this pathetic country.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The_Opinion
Thanks to the left, 10 years only equal 5 years in this pathetic country.

The right could always change it if they wanted to though. :tongue:
Reply 28
I'm a muslim and I think he should be imprisoned for longer :biggrin:
The right could always change it if they wanted to though. :tongue:

They could, but they are almost as equally pathetic in this country.
They could, but they are almost as equally pathetic in this country.

I'm all for rehabilitation to try and help people sort themselves out, but there's no way on this Earth a ****in prison would have Sky TV if I was in charge.
I'm all for rehabilitation to try and help people sort themselves out, but there's no way on this Earth a ****in prison would have Sky TV if I was in charge.

I am glad to hear that, if I and my sort were in charge, prisoners would really start to dislike being in prison, the prison population would double but costs would still go down. As a result, the nation would be safer and more prosperous.
I am glad to hear that, if I and my sort were in charge, prisoners would really start to dislike being in prison, the prison population would double but costs would still go down. As a result, the nation would be safer and more prosperous.

I'd give prisoners the choice, education with continued participation contingent on improvement or unpaid work where the fruits of their labour benefits the taxpayer. I'm a fan of the tent city guy in Arizona but I think he goes too far with the rotten food.

I guess I'm a bit more right wing about this particular issue. :smile:
I'd give prisoners the choice, education with continued participation contingent on improvement or unpaid work where the fruits of their labour benefits the taxpayer. I'm a fan of the tent city guy in Arizona but I think he goes too far with the rotten food.

I guess I'm a bit more right wing about this particular issue. :smile:

I am wondering, do you believe that a 5 year prison sentence should last 5 years, do you think that a 10 year prison sentence should last 10 years etc.?
I am wondering, do you believe that a 5 year prison sentence should last 5 years, do you think that a 10 year prison sentence should last 10 years etc.?

It depends on the circumstances. If someone has behaved and demonstrates they have a low chance of reoffending then I'm not opposed to early release, but it shouldn't be automatic(except maybe for certain non-violent offences like fines).

I'd avoid locking up drug addicts if at all possible, better to send them to rehab instead of a prison full of drugs IMO.
It depends on the circumstances. If someone has behaved and demonstrates they have a low chance of reoffending then I'm not opposed to early release, but it shouldn't be automatic(except maybe for certain non-violent offences like fines).

I'd avoid locking up drug addicts if at all possible, better to send them to rehab instead of a prison full of drugs IMO.

Do you not think that good behaviour in prison should be expected, not rewarded? Bad behaviour should be punished with extended prison time, whilst good prison behaviour should just allow prisoners to leave on time.
good ridance
Do you not think that good behaviour in prison should be expected, not rewarded? Bad behaviour should be punished with extended prison time, whilst good prison behaviour should just allow prisoners to leave on time.

It's one and the same really, just a different way of looking at it. If people reoffend on licence they get sent straight back anyway.

I think unpaid manual work would solve behaviour issues as people would be too tired to be bothered kicking off, at the minute a lot of people are locked up for 23 hours a day getting restless so it's a recipe for trouble.
It's one and the same really, just a different way of looking at it. If people reoffend on licence they get sent straight back anyway.

I think unpaid manual work would solve behaviour issues as people would be too tired to be bothered kicking off, at the minute a lot of people are locked up for 23 hours a day getting restless so it's a recipe for trouble.

Only a tiny % of them are locked up for that long.
Only a tiny % of them are locked up for that long.

The general theme here is that people are kept in cells for too long which isn't a productive use of the time.

http://prisonuk.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/prison-regimes-where-cracks-are-showing.html?m=1

I mean councils are short on money big time, I'd send them out road sweeping or doing something else that's useful.

Quick Reply