The Student Room Group

There is a credit card with an unlimited limit?!

Scroll to see replies

sick
Original post by john2054
Okay, i agree that there is a problem with benefits payments. I only get £260 a month, and i am going to have to reapply for this soon. I did a degree, got a 2.1 and still can't find a job. Now with benefits payments and sfe debt combined i am about £40k in debt.

That is long term debt however, for the credit cards, are short term debt. It isn't like it was ten years ago. These days it is quite hard to get a credit card, and even if you have one, and don't pay at least some of it off each month, they will take it off you quicker than you can say 'a quick thing'. Which is pretty quick!

Why do you want debt at all?
Not you again :facepalm:
I don't ever want to dabble into the world of credit cards.
I'd rather sleep better at night knowing there's no amount of debt and extra unnecessary stress looming over me.
Reply 24
Original post by frankielogue
sick
what is sick?

Original post by Ishax
Why do you want debt at all?

I would have been much happier if i didn't have to pay for uni fees. And benefits repayments. They are the main source of my debt. My credit cards are different because i always pay them back, and look after my credit score in this way.
Original post by iEthan
There may well be. But it doesn't belong in Chat.

Moved to money and finance.

Indeed, as the 'Complete Fantasies' forum got deleted.
Reply 26
You don't need any more debt. Honestly.
Legit knew this was you before even clicking on the thread.
Don't do it John! You don't need any more credit cards!
Reply 28
Original post by IWMTom
Jesus christ why does anyone let you post about credit - you're a disgrace when it comes to money management, an absolute disgrace.

please stop this. i was trying to have a genuine conversation about credit
Original post by Airmed
You don't need any more debt. Honestly.

He's had a thread on this sort of thing before. He doesn't care for advice, he just wants attention and will go ahead and build up mountainous debt anyway as he sees it as "free money". The worst part is, he expects his wife to pay all his debts for him, which he admitted in another thread about a laptop.

He should be banned from ever working in any job relating to banking or finance.
(edited 7 years ago)
Let's not endorse using credit cards. They can get people who don't understand the system into bad financial problems.

Credit cards are only good for three things:
-Spreading the cost of a purchase, provided you fully understand the financial cost in interest of it;
-Building a credit score for future access to credit, such as a mortgage;
-Adding security to a transaction, provided you still understand there can be a financial cost to the service provided by a bank.

People should NEVER use credit cards as free money. It is not free - you are borrowing money which must be paid back. Just because you have a £5k credit limit, doesn't mean you can go out and buy a car, for example, without properly budgeting for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
what is sick?

I would have been much happier if i didn't have to pay for uni fees. And benefits repayments. They are the main source of my debt. My credit cards are different because i always pay them back, and look after my credit score in this way.

Then you shouldn't have gone to uni at all. Study a NHS course if you want a free course.
Original post by KaptainCliff
Let's not endorse using credit cards. They can get people who don't understand the system into bad financial problems.

-Spreading the cost of a purchase, provided you fully understand the financial cost in interest of it;
-Adding security to a transaction, provided you still understand there can be a financial cost to the service provided by a bank.

People should NEVER use credit cards as free money. It is not free - you are borrowing money which must be paid back. Just because you have a £5k credit limit, doesn't mean you can go out and buy a car, for example, without properly budgeting for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, never buy anything on credit. It will bite you back. I don't even have a credit card.
Original post by Ishax
I agree, never buy anything on credit. It will bite you back. I don't even have a credit card.

Same and I'll never buy anything on finance either. If I can't afford it, I don't have it. Simples.

Although, I do know I'm very fortunate in terms of money.
Reply 34
Original post by MeYou2Night
He's had a thread on this sort of thing before. He doesn't care for advice, he just wants attention and will go ahead and build up mountainous debt anyway as he sees it as "free money". The worst part is, he expects his wife to pay all his debts for him, which he admitted in another thread about a laptop.

He should be banned from ever working in any job relating to banking or finance.

Excuse me, i listened to your advice not to buy a laptop didn't i?!
Reply 35
Original post by KaptainCliff

Posted from TSR Mobile

i agree with this one thousand percent! Sorry if i sounded like i was advertising credit cards. They should only be used with mind to a responsible repayment plan.
Reply 36
Original post by Ishax
Then you shouldn't have gone to uni at all. Study a NHS course if you want a free course.

I got turned down for that as well.
Original post by MeYou2Night
Same and I'll never buy anything on finance either. If I can't afford it, I don't have it. Simples.

Although, I do know I'm very fortunate in terms of money.

I agree, the only thing I probably have on finance if you want to say it is my phone contract. When I wanted an iPad I saved up my money and asked parents to contribute a bit (part of birthday present) then I brought one.

It's better to save money and then purchase the item you want. If you don't have the finances, don't buy it. It's also more rewarding in my opinion.
I got turned down for that as well.

I know this will sound harsh but you're a married man with a daughter. You need to get a job to help provide for her. As a female, I'd like to work full time and expect my husband to work (full time or part time). You don't have time for another degree, especially since I saw another thread about you wanting to get a laptop on credit.

Listen to these 3 words carefully:
Get
A
Job
I wonder how good your credit score has to be, to get one of these? Lol

American Express Centurion card, also dubbed “The Black Card,” is the most well-known exclusive credit card out there. With a $5,000 one-time initiation fee and $2,500 annual fee, you’ll need deep pockets for the privilege of having this card. Cardmembers have no preset spending limit.

I know someone who has a visa palladium card with a minimum requirement of £17.5million in total wealth just to get one and he's a premium car dealer who I met when I gave him a cash loan on some watches he had as he needed to close a deal and wanted £15,000 just to show the seller he meant business by showing up with 10% (i was able to do it with ease for two gold Rolexes and a gold Patek) but that was a big deal that comprised a pair of Bentleys, 2 Porsches, a Ferrari, a range rover and a Lamborghini

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending