The Student Room Group

Failed my Alevels because

the textbooks given to me by my sixth form were in such bad conditions that I could not bear touching them. There were dirty and of course there were so many germs on them due to many people having used them before me. Whenever I did use them I would have to wash my hands afterwards. Or use sticky post-its to stick on a page then use the post-it to turn to the next page.

does this count as extenuating circumstances? :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
the textbooks given to me by my sixth form were in such bad conditions that I could not bear touching them. There were dirty and of course there were so many germs on them due to many people having used them before me. Whenever I did use them I would have to wash my hands afterwards. Or use sticky post-its to stick on a page then use the post-it to turn to the next page.

No. Not at all. Did you try to do anything about it either? Or just sit there and take it because you can have a pity party all you like but unless you do things for yourself you can never guarantee that there will be a helpful outcome.
Reply 3
They will laugh at you.
Reply 4
Catching an STD from your textbooks would be more believable
Reply 6
yh fam, man coulda got that ebola and zika ting
don't watch fam, you will buss case

seems reasonable. maybe talk about how heavy the textbooks were too, the strain on your back from carrying them around deffo contributed to this.

would fully endorse a formal complaint about the sticky textbooks and their weight to the exam boards asap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lmao, you should have bought new textbooks yourself if that was an issue tbh
This is the best thing I've ever heard !
Original post by Princepieman
seems reasonable. maybe talk about how heavy the textbooks were too, the strain on your back from carrying them around deffo contributed to this.

would fully endorse a formal complaint about the sticky textbooks and their weight to the exam boards asap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh yes, one textbook actually came with someone else's sticky notes stuck on half the pages. when i took them out i found they had made the pages all sticky - turning the page was a genuine struggle.
Original post by Pokémontrainer
lmao, you should have bought new textbooks yourself if that was an issue tbh

this was what came to mind but it was too late by then
oh yes, one textbook actually came with someone else's sticky notes stuck on half the pages. when i took them out i found they had made the pages all sticky - turning the page was a genuine struggle.

my soul weeps for you :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
this was what came to mind but it was too late by then

I understand how the textbook thing would be an issue, honestly - but you should have bought new textbooks as soon as you had issues.
If you perhaps had OCD then that may qualify under extenuating circumstances, but I'm not well versed in extenuating circumstances. :redface:
Original post by Pokémontrainer
I understand how the textbook thing would be an issue, honestly - but you should have bought new textbooks as soon as you had issues.
If you perhaps had OCD then that may qualify under extenuating circumstances, but I'm not well versed in extenuating circumstances. :redface:

Ok, I didn't expect it to count as extenuating circumstances but I'm glad you understand cos I am serious about the majority of what I said :smile: I dont have OCD as far as I know, perhaps just a mild problem. But the sticky notes helped a little

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending