The Student Room Group

Would you ever go on a tinder date?

I've been asked out on a tinder date and nervous about whether to go or not, I'd have to get the train to go to his city as I live outside it but my distance setting includes his city. My stomach feels a bit knotty when I think about it but I think I like the guy and we've been talking for a while.
But the idea of meeting up with someone 3 years older than me who I don't even know freaks me out?!?
What do I do? Has anyone on here been on a tinder or other dating app date before? Would you ever go on one?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone? :/
Lol, go on it, :smile: I've been on two before and they've both gone fine.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been asked out on a tinder date and nervous about whether to go or not, I'd have to get the train to go to his city as I live outside it but my distance setting includes his city. My stomach feels a bit knotty when I think about it but I think I like the guy and we've been talking for a while.
But the idea of meeting up with someone 3 years older than me who I don't even know freaks me out?!?
What do I do? Has anyone on here been on a tinder or other dating app date before? Would you ever go on one?

Suggest a date in your city instead perhaps that will make you feel safer...make it on your terms :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by trapking
Suggest a date in your city instead perhaps that will make you feel safer...make it on your terms :smile:

My town is tiny and has nothing to do whereas I go to uni in the city he's at and know the place really well, but I just think the train journey there is going to make me even more nervous :frown:
I always hear takes about people being very different irl to how they appear on text :frown:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Lol, go on it, :smile: I've been on two before and they've both gone fine.

I've only been on one tinder date before in the past and she looked different from her picture lol (as a result I wasn't attracted to her at all...although the date went fine but I just didn't kiss her.)

Didn't bother communicating afterwards either :ahee:
(edited 7 years ago)
My town is tiny and has nothing to do whereas I go to uni in the city he's at and know the place really well, but I just think the train journey there is going to make me even more nervous :frown:
I always hear takes about people being very different irl to how they appear on text :frown:

That's what I personally don't like about online dating...someone can appear to be very confident and you meet them and they are bit different. Also it's hard to gauge physical attraction off pictures alone...within seconds of meeting them youll know for sure if you find them attractive or not (see my above post).
Reply 7
I've been only been on one before in the past and she looked different from her picture lol (as a result I wasn't attracted to her at all...although the date went fine but I just didn't kiss her.)

When you say looked different how do you mean?
Also what's the standard of how far you go on a date if you're not going to sleep with him on the first date? Do I have to kiss him?
When you say looked different how do you mean?
Also what's the standard of how far you go on a date if you're not going to sleep with him on the first date? Do I have to kiss him?

Well from her pictures I perceived her to be way more attractive and "fit" but when I saw her in real life this wasn't the case :rofl:

Let's just say she was a bit out of shape and also didn't make an effort to dress that well (which was off putting).

There is no set standard...it's really up to you on what you're willing to do. It is more than likely that he's not really thinking about just having sex on the first date and generally just wants to spend time with you. You don't have to kiss someone if you don't want to...but in my case she really liked me and at the end of the date i went in to give her a hug and I could tell from the look on her face she was expecting me to kiss her but I didn't :/

:lol:

Yes and I was just as nervous as you, but once we saw each other and started speaking in person it all just melted away
Reply 10

Not bothered about the age gap, but just a question... How old are each of you. If you are quiet young then I would say ask to do a double date with someone, purely for a safety perspective
Reply 11
Make sure you've either skyped or added on Facebook first, just to make sure the person is who they say they are? That might put you at ease a bit
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Yes and I was just as nervous as you, but once we saw each other and started speaking in person it all just melted away

Interesting. Are you still dating now?
I've only been on one tinder date before in the past and she looked different from her picture lol (as a result I wasn't attracted to her at all...although the date went fine but I just didn't kiss her.)

Different? And, aww that sucks haha, it's luckily never happened to me so far.
Original post by Ezme39
Make sure you've either skyped or added on Facebook first, just to make sure the person is who they say they are? That might put you at ease a bit

Okay I did find his Facebook and Instagram (though haven't added/followed him) and he seems normal-ish

Well from her pictures I perceived her to be way more attractive and "fit" but when I saw her in real life this wasn't the case :rofl:

Let's just say she was a bit out of shape and also didn't make an effort to dress that well (which was off putting).

There is no set standard...it's really up to you on what you're willing to do. It is more than likely that he's not really thinking about just having sex on the first date and generally just wants to spend time with you. You don't have to kiss someone if you don't want to...but in my case she really liked me and at the end of the date i went in to give her a hug and I could tell from the look on her face she was expecting me to kiss her but I didn't :/

:lol:

How would you define a girl dressing well?
Interesting. Are you still dating now?

Not really, it was a one-time thing but we met up again like two more times. Now it's completely gone cuz I moved to another city

How would you define a girl dressing well?

I mean I don't ask for much at all but at least get out of your home clothes and wear something a bit more nice!

Say you had a date at a park for example... what would you think if you turned up for a date and the guy you wanted to date was wearing an old T-shirt, shorts and slippers (and didn't really do his hair that well) lol
Hmm possibly but I'd be a nervous wreck :smile:
I'd be too nervous for that!
Original post by Lularose83
Hmm possibly but I'd be a nervous wreck :smile:

Original post by natalie427
I'd be too nervous for that!

Same!!! That's why I'm inclined not to even reply back to him I think I'm going to be a ball of nerves and neither of us will enjoy it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending