The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spotify95
Awesome! :smile: I was thinking of studying Chemistry at University as well, but in the end I went for Electronic Engineering because I liked the course and I didn't get the required grades for Chemistry or Physics... Thankfully, all is well for me now and I had 3 years which I thoroughly enjoyed! :smile:

Ooh, are you possibly going to apply to Cambridge Uni in the future? Or is it just an open day to see what you think about the course/content?

I know - he is crazy though :yep:

I'm searching for things to do with what I've been studying, so in electronic engineering :smile: Nope, no disassembling acer laptops - though that will eventually happen :yep:

oh cool :smile:I'm leaning more towards oxford, this is to confirm that and its an open day for physics :wink:
haha :tongue:
ttyl i gtg
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
oh cool :smile:I'm leaning more towards oxford, this is to confirm that and its an open day for physics :wink:
haha :tongue:
ttyl i gtg

Awesome, that sounds good! In which case, let us know how it goes because then you'll be able to know whether you want to do physics or chemistry! :smile:
Also, if you are going to go to Oxford, make sure you get nice high grades at A Level :smile: My grades were far too low to apply for universities such as Oxford, Cambridge etc :frown:

Btw, can we please have an edit? Thanks.

Original post by Matrix123
Ooh cool! :biggrin:

Yup :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might also get some computer stuff done today as well - after all, the weather is crap outside and we were going to go out :frown:

Original post by BloodRedVHS
Integrated NVIDIA graphics.

Hmmm.... I'm hoping it's not a new motherboard that the machine will need...

Anyway, even if it was, it'd still be good disassembly practise, because of course, I need to remove the motherboard on the Acer Aspire 5742 to get to the fan. :frown:

Why did Acer make a whole series of laptops that were prone to overheating; that's the main question!

I might also get some computer stuff done today as well - after all, the weather is crap outside and we were going to go out :frown:

Cool :smile: yeah, that is true; the weather is pretty awful at the moment!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmmm.... I'm hoping it's not a new motherboard that the machine will need...

Anyway, even if it was, it'd still be good disassembly practise, because of course, I need to remove the motherboard on the Acer Aspire 5742 to get to the fan. :frown:

Why did Acer make a whole series of laptops that were prone to overheating; that's the main question!

I think it is a conspiracy so that they can make money from sales of replacement laptops.......... :ninja:

Latest