The Student Room Group

A Level Chem Buddy/helper

So, I'm starting Y12 AS Chemistry this year. I have a feeling it's gonna be pretty tough, so does anyone wanna buddy up with me and work together on Chem q's?

I'm doing the OCR spec btw.
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
So, I'm starting Y12 AS Chemistry this year. I have a feeling it's gonna be pretty tough, so does anyone wanna buddy up with me and work together on Chem q's?

I'm doing the OCR spec btw.

I'm just starting year 13 and was the first year to do the OCR new spec. I got an A which I was very pleased with :biggrin:. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask or message me. I enjoy chemistry a lot so I be glad to help :biggrin:
OCR Chemistry A I think it is
I'm doing OCR gateway AS Chemistry too
What specification A or B?
Original post by EvilEarth567
I'm just starting year 13 and was the first year to do the OCR new spec. I got an A which I was very pleased with :biggrin:. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask or message me. I enjoy chemistry a lot so I be glad to help :biggrin:

If you don't mind me asking what grade did you get at GCSE? Also, how did you cope with? Tuition, used your textbook, revison videos?
Thanks
Original post by Starlight2000
If you don't mind me asking what grade did you get at GCSE? Also, how did you cope with? Tuition, used your textbook, revison videos?
Thanks

AT GCSE I got A's in additional and triple science and a B in core science. The only other skill required in chem is maths which I managed a A* in. A lot of it was just expanding on what you learnt at GCSE such as hydrocarbons/alcohols or equilibrium ans trends in the periodic table. My advice would be to use the text book provided by your school as it has more info than the CGP ones. Before my exams I made sure the read the entire textbook before attempting any past papers. The next piece of advice I would give is constantly do practise questions throughout the year and more importantly evaluate what you got right and wrong. Your notes are also useful for looking up small details but I mainly used the textbook. Overall just try to stay on top of things and you'll do fine :biggrin:. Hope this helps :smile:
AT GCSE I got A's in additional and triple science and a B in core science. The only other skill required in chem is maths which I managed a A* in. A lot of it was just expanding on what you learnt at GCSE such as hydrocarbons/alcohols or equilibrium ans trends in the periodic table. My advice would be to use the text book provided by your school as it has more info than the CGP ones. Before my exams I made sure the read the entire textbook before attempting any past papers. The next piece of advice I would give is constantly do practise questions throughout the year and more importantly evaluate what you got right and wrong. Your notes are also useful for looking up small details but I mainly used the textbook. Overall just try to stay on top of things and you'll do fine :biggrin:. Hope this helps :smile:

this was really really useful, thank you!

Thanks 😃
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
this was really really useful, thank you!

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest