The Student Room Group

Remark

I just got told by my school that my science gcse was 2 marks off an A and statistics gcse was 1 mark off an A and they are asking for my permission to send it for a remark. How likely is it for the remarks to be successful? And has it ever happened to anyone that even after being so close to the next boundary your grade has gone down?

Please reply asap, I need advice. Thank you!
Reply 1
Send them off, I had my English sent off and didn't get anything but you never know
Reply 2
Original post by AfcFob
Send them off, I had my English sent off and didn't get anything but you never know

How many marks were you off for English? Thanks for the reply though.
Reply 3
its not like youll go down to a b so just send them off - you have nothing to lose
I just got my English lit remark back and I went up to an A* from an A (I was 2 marks off the grade boundary and ended up going up by 4 marks), even with the tougher new system, so don't not put them in for a remark because people have told you they have 'no chance' of going up. The likelihood of them going down is very low, so if I were you I would definitely get them both remarked. Good luck!
Reply 5
I would do it. There is almost no chance of you going down a grade and if your school are paying you have absolutely nothing to lose.
Reply 6
Thank you for all the replies. I guess I will go for a remark then. It is so annoying knowing that you were so close to an A for 2 subjects and missed it by 1 or 2 marks! Erh:redface:
Reply 7
Original post by Anmol_.
How many marks were you off for English? Thanks for the reply though.

One UMS mark off (I think it was like one raw mark too) and I didn't get anything

Quick Reply

Latest