The Student Room Group

Girls, is "cute" physically attractive?

Would you think your crush or a guy you like is "cute"? or is it a euphemism for "yeah, you're like a puppy, I want to be friends with you!"?

All my guy friends think the latter. All my girl friends with the former. What's the truth? and why is there such a disconnect?

P.S. I'm a guy and being called cute is equivalent to being friendzoned.

Scroll to see replies

Honestly, it can be both. :tongue:
Reply 2
Cute isn't the most flattering compliment to give a guy... Sexy/Hot is where it's at.
Reply 3
'Cute' can mean physically you have a nice features and moreso have a sweet personality. If I heard my friend say she's linking with a cute guy I'd just assume she means more about personality, whereas if she said hot thats more about features and is attractive, yet may have a dickhead personality as typically the men described as hot are quite often arses (in my case anyway) I wouldn't take it as a bad thing dude
Original post by thaliawaters
'Cute' can mean physically you have a nice features and moreso have a sweet personality. If I heard my friend say she's linking with a cute guy I'd just assume she means more about personality, whereas if she said hot thats more about features and is attractive, yet may have a dickhead personality as typically the men described as hot are quite often arses (in my case anyway) I wouldn't take it as a bad thing dude

It's true, I'm an arse.
I've told guys theyre cute and got with them in the past- it depends how its said I guess? If you do something kind and she calls you cute then lmao friendzoned but if shes talking about your looks then take it as a compliment unless you can admit you look under the age of consent
Can we stop with this 'friendzoning' bull***t already. Yes, cute is fine, it's not 'ugly', is it?
Reply 7
Original post by ImagineCats
I've told guys theyre cute and got with them in the past- it depends how its said I guess? If you do something kind and she calls you cute then lmao friendzoned but if shes talking about your looks then take it as a compliment unless you can admit you look under the age of consent

She told me I have the "cutest face" and a "really cute smile".

I do admit I look young (not really under 18 tho).

Fml :sigh:.
I feel like Americans use it to mean attractive whereas here I've only heard it to describe a guy who's sweet/adorable rather than hot. However, they're not mutually exclusive, you can be cute and attractive.
Reply 9
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Can we stop with this 'friendzoning' bull***t already. Yes, cute is fine, it's not 'ugly', is it?

Why is it ********? It means she only sees you as a friend. No physical attraction.
Original post by Anonymous
Why is it ********? It means she only sees you as a friend. No physical attraction.

Because, it just comes across as whiny and bitter, plus no-one is entitled to affection.

Thats pretty mean of her to say if it's just a casj thing, not as a compliment. From my perspective it's way better to be seen as 'husband material' than one of those annoying lads who gets an STI monthly.

Don't take it offensively bc she's still calling you handsome at least! I wouldn't word it how she did but hey ho it wasnt an insult :h:
Because, it just comes across as whiny and bitter, plus no-one is entitled to affection.

I'm confused, where did I say that I'm entitled to affection? If a girl friendzones you, you're a friend to her and nothing more. More power to her if she does that but I need to know where I stand with her. I didn't demand anything?

Some people are too aggressive on this website.

Not looking good mate.

Smile less and lift more weights.
I'm confused, where did I say that I'm entitled to affection? If a girl friendzones you, you're a friend to her and nothing more. More power to her if she does that but I need to know where I stand with her. I didn't demand anything?

Some people are too aggressive on this website.

Yeah, if you think this is aggressive, then you've clearly not been on here long. And, I never said that you were entitled, I said the attitude and the thought process of 'friendzoning' is.
Reply 15
Depends...
Why people look for universal meaning where there is clearly none, I have no idea
Original post by macromicro
Not looking good mate.

Smile less and lift more weights.

I do lift but my face is what it is. I'm thinking of growing facial hair tbh.

Also, I rarely smile.
Yeah, if you think this is aggressive, then you've clearly not been on here long. And, I never said that you were entitled, I said the attitude and the thought process of 'friendzoning' is.

What is the attitude though? We seem to have different definitions of what the friendzone is. When you like a girl and she doesn't like you back but only wants to be your friend, that is being in the friendzone. What's the attitude?? the definition I give doesn't imply any entitlement from my part or demands from the girl.
Reply 18
omg lol i thought cute was great
Original post by ImagineCats
Thats pretty mean of her to say if it's just a casj thing, not as a compliment. From my perspective it's way better to be seen as 'husband material' than one of those annoying lads who gets an STI monthly.

Don't take it offensively bc she's still calling you handsome at least! I wouldn't word it how she did but hey ho it wasnt an insult :h:

Did she? if she had called me handsome, I'd be pumped! now I'm just insecure.

I've heard girls talking about their younger brothers that way. But also I had a 3 year relationship with my previous gf and she told me like 2-3 days after we went on our first date that she went out with me 'cos she thought I looked cute (we were 16 then so that made sense).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending