The Student Room Group

Applying to UNI with linear A levels during a gap year HELP

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jacob1371
Hi, I take 3 linear a levels at my college bio, history and psychology and just finished my AS year, i got EED but i know that the linear AS does not count towards the final a level and i will have to do the exams again at the end of two years. however i know my predicted grades are not going to be good so i have decided to take a gap year and apply with my results. I am determined to achieve high grades this time but i would like to know a few things. Do i have to put my AS grades on my ucas during my gap year even if they are linear and dont count? i would have received my full a levels at this time and will enter those but seeing as the AS levels do no contribute at all and i have to do all the exams again anyway at the end of 2 years , can i leave them out? Thanks

You have to include the AS results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
You have to include the AS results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how so? could you please explain, i know that some people choose to leave their AS out since they have there full alevels that are better and considering its linear the AS does not have a certificate or anything.
(edited 7 years ago)
how so? could you please explain, i know that some people choose to leave their AS out since they have there full alevels that are better and considering its linear the AS does not have a certificate or anything.

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/privacy-policies-and-declarations/ucas-declaration
Reply 4

This still does not explain it, my grades are linear so they dont actually count as real AS grades the only thing that counts is the final a level and im applying during my gap year not after year 12
(edited 7 years ago)
This still does not explain it, my grades are linear so they dont actually count as real AS grades the only thing that counts is the final a level and im applying during my gap year not after year 12

All examinations which have had results must be declared. It's for the university to decide if they are relevant or not.

Quick Reply

Latest