The Student Room Group

Further maths at GCSE? How is it?

Is anyone doing further maths at GCSE? If you are how is it and what is the content like? What grades are you getting in it? And how do you revise for it like what resources do you use?
Original post by bluepearl7
Is anyone doing further maths at GCSE? If you are how is it and what is the content like? What grades are you getting in it? And how do you revise for it like what resources do you use?

I done further maths GCSE last year and got B in it and awaiting a remark (4 marks of an A :facepalm:). In general its not too hard, but that's if you stick in and pay attention and get something first time round. The best and only revision to do is past paper after past paper in which you should be given by your teacher.
Good luck!
all depends on how you are at maths. But i would say if you didn't get an A at normal gcse maths then further math isn't for you as it is much harder. I got an A for gcse normal and C at further maths (to be fair i didn't revise etc as other exams were more important)
Reply 3
I went from a C at the end of year 10 to an A^ in my actual GCSEs. It is much harder than normal maths but if you're getting A/A*s in tests you'll easily be able to cope. Compared to other subjects (sciences and essay-based) it's much easier to revise and there are loads of resources online to help (feel free to dm me about this as I still have a lot of links from last year).

Quick Reply

Latest