The Student Room Group

Girls, is "cute" physically attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by simbasdragon
I feel like Americans use it to mean attractive whereas here I've only heard it to describe a guy who's sweet/adorable rather than hot. However, they're not mutually exclusive, you can be cute and attractive.

This. It tends to refer to personality here more than looks, although it also implies that the subject is not too horrible to look at.
Original post by Anonymous
What is the attitude though? We seem to have different definitions of what the friendzone is. When you like a girl and she doesn't like you back but only wants to be your friend, that is being in the friendzone. What's the attitude?? the definition I give doesn't imply any entitlement from my part or demands from the girl.

Okay, maybe we do have a different definition. Most people I hear who complain of being 'friendzoned', think that they're entitled to affection and a relationship from that person, just because they're friends. But, yeah, we just had a misunderstanding, I'm sorry if I came across as mean, that genuinely wasn't my intention.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Okay, maybe we do have a different definition. Most people I hear who complain of being 'friendzoned', think that they're entitled to affection and a relationship from that person, just because they're friends. But, yeah, we just had a misunderstanding, I'm sorry if I came across as mean, that genuinely wasn't my intention.

Don't worry about it. I know what you meant but I didn't use it that way.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
This. It tends to refer to personality here more than looks, although it also implies that the subject is not too horrible to look at.

Cute personality sounds worse than cute looks. Does it mean you're too nice?
Cute personality sounds worse than cute looks. Does it mean you're too nice?

* Quickly checks in Great Big Complete Dictionary of What All Love Words Really Mean *

No.
Don't worry about it. I know what you meant but I didn't use it that way.

Okay. :smile:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
* Quickly checks in Great Big Complete Dictionary of What All Love Words Really Mean *

No.

Cute is not really a love word though.

Don't make fun of my insecurities please. I realise I'm ridiculous, humour me.
Original post by zanner
omg lol i thought cute was great

For a dog yes. For a 22 year old man, no.
Well I use cute and hot interchangeably.
Original post by Ella-keturah
Well I use cute and hot interchangeably.

So why use cute at all?? hot is great, especially if you know the guy already.
So why use cute at all?? hot is great, especially if you know the guy already.

Because I have never seen it as an issue.
Original post by Ella-keturah
Because I have never seen it as an issue.

K u pwned me but still. I use hot, beautiful, stunning, sexy. No ambiguous words and no girl has ever been puzzled.

But as you said maybe it's not an issue for most guys (though I doubt it) and I'm just making a big deal out of it 'cos of my own issues.
Reply 32
For a dog yes. For a 22 year old man, no.

why not?
Original post by zanner
why not?

'Cos I'm a man. I wanna feel manly, masculine and stuff.
Did she? if she had called me handsome, I'd be pumped! now I'm just insecure.

I've heard girls talking about their younger brothers that way. But also I had a 3 year relationship with my previous gf and she told me like 2-3 days after we went on our first date that she went out with me 'cos she thought I looked cute (we were 16 then so that made sense).

If it was a compliment then, as intended, why not now? Just like americans who say "cute" meaning hot ygm
I disagree. I think in a way 'cute' is more of a compliment than 'hot'. 'Cute' I think implies that it is someone you would see as a relationship potential rather than just physically attractive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending