The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

'You and the other forex boys get ruined most Thursday nights and it’s a right laugh...'

haha xD. All about Patek Philippe though...
does anyone known if you can apply to the industrial placement at UBS as a final year ?
Original post by adi_nayak1
does anyone known if you can apply to the industrial placement at UBS as a final year ?

Highly unlikely. Industrial placements are for those doing sandwich courses and need to do one year in industry as part of their course.
Original post by alexjones1994
Highly unlikely. Industrial placements are for those doing sandwich courses and need to do one year in industry as part of their course.

Ah thanks. It's just there are not Asset Management Programmes for graduates at UBS only industrial placements. Are they not doing any or am I just too late?
Ah thanks. It's just there are not Asset Management Programmes for graduates at UBS only industrial placements. Are they not doing any or am I just too late?

they are only hiring grads in some pikey divisions like IBD and that this year :wink: I checked with their HR, apply for summer if you want asset man
Original post by TheParham
they are only hiring grads in some pikey divisions like IBD and that this year :wink: I checked with their HR, apply for summer if you want asset man

damn im a final year though :frown:

I just had a look for you and it seems they don't offer internships nor graduate programs for asset management and I can confirm that you can only apply for placements if you are doing placement year at university. It says on application.

Graduate programs tend to open and close early. Normally around end of August. So maybe they have closed already for Asset Management or maybe they didn't have any in the first place? Quite strange though i'll admit. Maybe Prince has an insight into this.
Original post by TheParham

'IBD' - Pikey? U wanna take this outside m8?
I just had a look for you and it seems they don't offer internships nor graduate programs for asset management and I can confirm that you can only apply for placements if you are doing placement year at university. It says on application.

Graduate programs tend to open and close early. Normally around end of August. So maybe they have closed already for Asset Management or maybe they didn't have any in the first place? Quite strange though i'll admit. Maybe Prince has an insight into this.

cheers for the help. the guy above me has said that they werent taking in grads for AM so doesnt look like they have closed early or anything.

Nothing else to add, second bit is all correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
'IBD' - Pikey? U wanna take this outside m8?

Couldn't resist having a cheeky dig at it hahaha xoxo
Original post by juventus100
Don't think you can - guess they'll just ask you at interview stage

So if I want and can only do September, can I still apply or do you think I'd be forced into doing a joining date they want based on business demand?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I finished this Barclays test and didn't get video interview invite immediately, is that a sign of rejection?
Original post by torres657
I finished this Barclays test and didn't get video interview invite immediately, is that a sign of rejection?

wait bout an hour. if u dont get it ur probably fked
Original post by torres657

Same here and for some other people. Long story short, we don't know haha
Original post by volatilityskew2
wait bout an hour. if u dont get it ur probably fked

damn, so early to get rejected
Reply 1816
Damn, HSBC's app is a pain. Is there really any need for that courageous integrity question? Any suggestions for that piece?
Reply 1817

I've been checking since around July/August and no, they've never opened the AM programme for grads
that Citi TalentQ test was savage holy christ

anyone here with a guess on the threshold?

if they reject me I'm gonna call them and ask if anyone of them ever nailed that test on the first try
Hi guys,

Quick question: Do you get invited to the logical reasoning test even if you screwed up the situational judgment test?

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending