The Student Room Group

Resitting externally

I finished yr 13 & never achieved the best of grades so i wanted to resit yr 13 & rejected uniHowever my college is not letting me in because they have to pay the staff and they wont get funding for me and said i could resit externally.Okay so I have a few questions which I want to be answered please1. If i resit externally does it count as a gap year as i am staying home all year2.If so , do i have to talk about the gap year at home in my personal statement if not , do i just leave my personal statement as it is3.Do i have to register at Ucas again? & will i have to sort all that with college?4.Do i have to register again to student finance , i do have an account but just cancelled by application so farThanks! It'd be great if someone could answer those , i do have a few more but cannot remember them tbh
Original post by English-help
I finished yr 13 & never achieved the best of grades so i wanted to resit yr 13 & rejected uniHowever my college is not letting me in because they have to pay the staff and they wont get funding for me and said i could resit externally.Okay so I have a few questions which I want to be answered please1. If i resit externally does it count as a gap year as i am staying home all year2.If so , do i have to talk about the gap year at home in my personal statement if not , do i just leave my personal statement as it is3.Do i have to register at Ucas again? & will i have to sort all that with college?4.Do i have to register again to student finance , i do have an account but just cancelled by application so farThanks! It'd be great if someone could answer those , i do have a few more but cannot remember them tbh

1. Yes it would really.
2. yes you should improve your personal statement in your gap year.
3. Yes you do, you can apply as an independent student and then get someone at your college to write the reference or you can go through the college using their buzzword.
4. You would make a new application but should be able to use the old account i think.
Original post by claireestelle
1. Yes it would really.
2. yes you should improve your personal statement in your gap year.
3. Yes you do, you can apply as an independent student and then get someone at your college to write the reference or you can go through the college using their buzzword.
4. You would make a new application but should be able to use the old account i think.

Thank you for the reply! If i have any more question i'll ask:smile:
Reply 3
Hi my situation is exactly the same. What grades did you get? I have just finished year 13 and have not been able to get in the uni I wanted to go into and do the degree (Law LLB) so I am thinking to resit some modules and hopefully up my grade. However I am worried as to whether I am able to even resit the modules as the syllabus has changed for OUR. I know how you feel as I am in the exact situation!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending