The Student Room Group

Hillary Clinton Regrets Calling Millions of Americans "Deplorable"

Yesterday, during a fundraiser event, Hillary Clinton said:

“You know to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables,”

“…the racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic, you name it.”

https://twitter.com/charliespiering/status/774470253770342400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Meanwhile ...

Update:

Clinton just released a statement regretting calling millions of Americans "deplorable".

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/774671254850772992
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Crijjkal
Yesterday, during a fundraiser event, Hillary Clinton said:

“You know to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables,”

“…the racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic, you name it.”

https://twitter.com/charliespiering/status/774470253770342400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Meanwhile ...

Not as though Trump never insults the democrats is it.....
Her assessment is highly accurate.
Reply 3
Speaks her mind, whats wrong with that? Too many mealy mouthed politicians. She must be from Yorkshire.
So she says what she thinks and it's insulting, Trump says what he thinks and it's praised and called 'an example for people wanting freedom of speech'? Right.

Plus, she's largely right anyway. People support Trump because his VP is anti-gay, Trump himself has made very sexist remarks, and Trump's immigration policies reek of racist undertones.
She's not wrong though, is she?
Reply 6
Let her say what she wants and let Trump say what he wants.
Oh, and her comment after isn't a contradiction. She respects their right to choose Trump, it doesn't mean that they aren't homophobic/sexist/xenophobic/or racist.
I think 50% is a probably a pretty conservative estimate...

Original post by ivybridge
So she says what she thinks and it's insulting, Trump says what he thinks and it's praised and called 'an example for people wanting freedom of speech'? Right.

Well done for hitting the nail on the head.
Good on her.
Yeah, but she's right.
Well, she is not wrong lol. I have yet to hear a single Trump support convincing me that his reason is logical or just.
Reply 12
So she says what she thinks and it's insulting, Trump says what he thinks and it's praised and called 'an example for people wanting freedom of speech'?

Original post by Maker
Speaks her mind, whats wrong with that?

It's a taboo in America to insult the voters directly.. This will probably hurt her.
It's a taboo in America to insult the voters directly.. This will probably hurt her.

And Trump does that all the time. How is calling them what they are insulting? It's like somebody calling a black person black and them crying about how racist that is - no.
Reply 14
And Trump does that all the time.

Trump never insults American citizens as far as I know, please link source.

Watch most of his rallies. The way he abuses people who have voted for Clinton or Sanders, or the way he responds to people who protest his events, or the way he generally speaks about a lot of America's most vulnerable groups. You don't need a source - watch or read most of the things he says.

I suppose it does depend on one's individual interpretation but he certainly is no better than Clinton who, quite frankly, I don't believe was insulting the American voters at all.
Ironic isn't it?
Donald Trump's supporters like how he "says the truth" and "speaks his mind"

but when Hillary does it, the anti-PC crowd goes ape
Reply 17
Watch most of his rallies. The way he abuses people who have voted for Clinton or Sanders, or the way he responds to people who protest his events, or the way he generally speaks about a lot of America's most vulnerable groups. You don't need a source - watch or read most of the things he says.

As I said before Trump does insult the politicians, example Clinton or Sanders, but not their voters..
She knows they're irredeemable ignoramuses. It gives her character. Get over it.
Reply 19

Unless they are Mexicans, black, Muslim or female.

Quick Reply

Latest