The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XLittleSparrowX
It's weird how you all started and I haven't had one lesson yet. What's it like?

It's great actually I love the independence and opportunity to research and actually love your subject rather than just 'doing' a subject
Original post by usycool1
Physics was no where near as bad as Chemistry IMO. :tongue:

Sounds like you really hated Chemistry.
Original post by ColossalAtom
Sounds like you really hated Chemistry.

Or really liked Physics.
Original post by SmiggleWiggle
I think I'm doing M1 this year, I saw the syllabus and quite liked. Mann-whitney test, skewness, Normal distribution, Poisson distribution etc

Poisson is in statistics modules. M1 is relative velocity, forces and friction, among others. Maybe you misread something?
Or really liked Physics.

I need to improve on organising my working out. I feel like I'm going to lose marks for being a slob with showing work.

Spoiler

Original post by hamza772000

Hey, :hi: There's a difference between OCR and OCR MEI, do you know exactly which one you're doing? :smile:

OCR, most likely.

Why, what's the difference?
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
It's weird how you all started and I haven't had one lesson yet. What's it like?

You lucky thing, how have you not started yet?

Sixth Form is far more independent - teachers treat you more like adults, and w/ more respect.

Workload is a LOT bigger though.
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
OCR, most likely.

It's a different specification, apparently it's harder :frown:
Hi, I'm taking Maths, Chemistry and Physics from Monday! (Everyone else seems to have started already) Right now in struggling with the physics pre course maths tasks as its stuff I've never done before...
I hope to achieve AAB (don't really care in which subject gets a B though) at a minimum.
I aspire to be a Chemistry teacher
Welcome to the official Year 12 Thread! (2016-2017) :bigsmile::borat::bunny::clap2::dance::elefant::excited:

*grabs an old school microphone descending from the ceiling*

Students! We're going to embark on a journey like we have never experienced! The first year of the A-levels :work:! The jump may seem big to some of you from the GCSEs that we did, but show no fear! Fence with them, en garde and riposte! :fight:

Now time to tell us who you are. :hello:

- Introduce yourself
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What subjects are you planning to take?
- Your favourite subject(s)?
- Your ideal future occupation? :smartass:

Future Oxbridge applicants:

Cambridge - @ColossalAtom, @CyberJake, @Mahrez, @emi.hopkins, @TSlayerr, @enidblytonlife, @MezmorisedPotato, @CloakedSpartan, @metellaest, @drapplepilot, @Enigmatically, @emmald583

Oxford - @kennethdcharles

(Let me know if one of these is your trajectory, then I'll add you there. Also feel free to recommend some I haven't added on yet)

Aspiring medical doctor(s): @ColossalAtom, @LDS16, @drapplepilot, @nisha.sri, @Fractite, @snoamdaila, @abbi.rebecca, @starstudent7, @MezmorisedPotato, @homeland.lsw

Aspiring lawyer(s): @LieutenantJ, @cherryblossoming, @lonyeka, @sahil19, @Juedjegfewo

Aspiring banker(s): @AdeptDz

Aspiring physicist(s): @kennethdcharles

Aspiring engineer(s): @Mahrez, @sfairy27, @Chemgawd99, @ElMcDonald, @enidblytonlife

Aspiring dentist(s): @icy_typhoon, @sulaimanali

Aspiring teacher(s): @lozza_X, @amybmth, @Jazzy_j_, @NiamhM1801, @CharmingCat, @AlevelBiologist

Aspiring computer developer(s): @Vyres, @shirleydongj, @CyberJake, @Lelanor, @Waveyalex, @CloakedSpartan

Aspiring veterinarian(s): @Edosawr

Aspiring actor(s)/actresses(s): @sulaimanali

Some bits of this was stolen from @JTran38 year 11 thread.

I'm always continuously editing.

Hey, im 16. I collect Smiggle stationery

My GCSE grades were

A* Maths
A* Chemistry
A* Statistics
A* Cambridge IGCSE Computer Science
A* IGCSE Chemistry
A* IGCSE Maths
A* Home Economics
A* Art and Design
A ICT
A Physics
A Biology
A English literature
A Geography
B English language
C R.S

What are my hobbies and interests?

My hobbies include volunteering, I currently volunteer at oxfam for 8 hours a week, a church on sunday mornings and sometimes I volunteer in statistics for sporting events. I've volunteered in three counties. My smiggle collection consists of other 300 items and the scented erasor is my favourite.

I use photoshop a lot and have a fascination of illustration

I read and watch adventure time, my collection consists of 16 adventure time graphic novels and 6 seasons (dvds)

Which subjects am I taking?

Maths, Chemistry, Statistics, Graphics and the extended project qualification

My favourite subjects?

Idek probably Chemistry and Statistics and Graphic design

My future occupation?
Hairdressing jk idk perhaps an inventor
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hamza772000
Same, I'm doing C1 atm for normal Maths, so far it's just basic algebra, FM on the other hand is just :eek: I had my first lesson yesterday and it was ok but needs getting used to, what other subjects are you doing?

im hoping further maths will become easier with time and practice although i've done hardly any of the latter :redface: i also do physics and french, you?

Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
OCR, most likely.

i think ocr mei was made by satan tbh
ocr is generally a hard exam board anyway :frown:
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
im hoping further maths will become easier with time and practice although i've done hardly any of the latter :redface: i also do physics and french, you?

i think ocr mei was made by satan tbh
ocr is generally a hard exam board anyway :frown:
Same :s-smilie: Physics and Computing :smile: Are u gonna take FM to A2?
Original post by Enigmatically
Poisson is in statistics modules. M1 is relative velocity, forces and friction, among others. Maybe you misread something?

No no I'm doing A-level statistics 😊
How have you all found your first week of Sixth Form? :excited:
I need to improve on organising my working out. I feel like I'm going to lose marks for being a slob with showing work.

Spoiler

If you think that's messy, you should have seen my work when I did Physics. :tongue:

Original post by Gingerbread101
How have you all found your first week of Sixth Form? :excited:

No.
If you think that's messy, you should have seen my work when I did Physics. :tongue:

No.

More enthusiasm needed! :fuhrer:
Are we supposed to use class notes as revision notes, or are you guys going to make revision notes on top of class notes??
Original post by SmiggleWiggle
No no I'm doing A-level statistics 😊

Sorry about that. Usually when I see M1 Mechanics come to mind XD.
Original post by Do it Right
Are we supposed to use class notes as revision notes, or are you guys going to make revision notes on top of class notes??

I do my class notes then when I come to revising I condense my notes Down. 😀
So anyone got some challenging Maths homework I can do? Life without school is stultifying.

Latest