The Student Room Group

Economics help

Ask anyone questions about economics related questions
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
3 lessons into economics and I love it! We started with markets and then the supply and demand graphs. What's the hardest part of year 12 economics going to be? Thanks!
Original post by sahil19
3 lessons into economics and I love it! We started with markets and then the supply and demand graphs. What's the hardest part of year 12 economics going to be? Thanks!

Same here ! Are you doing edexcel ?
Reply 3
The hardest bit about economics is the way of writing. You have to excel in essay writing and learn how to evaluate. But content wise the hardest bit is the positive and negative externality graphs, so long and tedious and they're all so similar but learning them will get you the B/A marks
Original post by sahil19
Reply 4
Sorry aqa however I am sure the content is pretty much the same
Original post by nisha.sri
Reply 5
Original post by nisha.sri

Ah surely it's so fun! I'm doing AQA.
Reply 6
Original post by zainyyyyy
The hardest bit about economics is the way of writing. You have to excel in essay writing and learn how to evaluate. But content wise the hardest bit is the positive and negative externality graphs, so long and tedious and they're all so similar but learning them will get you the B/A marks

Lol just looked at P + N externality graphs.. what even?! :redface:
Reply 7
simple once you know why its there
Original post by sahil19
Lol just looked at P + N externality graphs.. what even?! :redface:
Reply 8
bump
Reply 9
started economics today I'm on the new spec for AS. I don't understand, we started with supply demand and there are so many graphs.. I want an A but i do not know if it will be possible can someone help? Also how much revision do i do a day? @zainyyyyy
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
i honestly dont believe economics is a challenging subject. In my honest opinion i reckon anyone could get above a c if they tried.
I started to revise late april/early may and this revision consisted of watching a youtuber called "econplusdal" this guy goes through the whole syllabus for every exam board in one playlist for both micro and macro. The supply demand curves are awfully easy the teachers just explain it badly.

I could sit here and tell you the answers but you'll just memorise the answers instead of trying to understand it, if you do want more help just message me.

Original post by Jane122
started economics today I'm on the new spec for AS. I don't understand, we started with supply demand and there are so many graphs.. I want an A but i do not know if it will be possible can someone help? Also how much revision do i do a day? @zainyyyyy
Reply 11
i honestly dont believe economics is a challenging subject. In my honest opinion i reckon anyone could get above a c if they tried.
I started to revise late april/early may and this revision consisted of watching a youtuber called "econplusdal" this guy goes through the whole syllabus for every exam board in one playlist for both micro and macro. The supply demand curves are awfully easy the teachers just explain it badly.

I could sit here and tell you the answers but you'll just memorise the answers instead of trying to understand it, if you do want more help just message me.

I'm going through the youtubers channel that you mentioned and in his year 1 playlist he misses out 3.1.4 of the spec ?? Market structure and competive markets so do I needn't I still revise it because my teacher says I do?
Reply 12
I'm sure he has. looking through his playlist of microeconomics he's mentioned it in video 10,11,12,13,16,17,18,19

edit looked @ the wrong playlist give me a second

looks like i used a2 information in my as exam. Sorry i was wrong but the information is the same
Original post by Jane122
I'm going through the youtubers channel that you mentioned and in his year 1 playlist he misses out 3.1.4 of the spec ?? Market structure and competive markets so do I needn't I still revise it because my teacher says I do?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
I'm sure he has. looking through his playlist of microeconomics he's mentioned it in video 10,11,12,13,16,17,18,19

edit looked @ the wrong playlist give me a second

looks like i used a2 information in my as exam. Sorry i was wrong but the information is the same

Hi sorry I'm confused so do I have to watch the year 1 micro A2 playlist as well?
Reply 14
when i revised for economics, i revised late april/may so i have already finished the syllabus, i watched econplusdal to recap me and i also read these notes by physics and maths tutor.

No you dont have to watch the a2 playlist i just did it cuz i was trying to be advanced.

if you need any specific help just feel free to message me
Original post by Jane122
Hi sorry I'm confused so do I have to watch the year 1 micro A2 playlist as well?
By watching econplusdal and making notes, doing exam questions etc would get you good at economics? ;o
Reply 16
suggest learning the content first and then when you 100% finished the content do the exam papers
Reason i say this is due to the fact there is more than one way to answer a question in economics and only learning half the syllabus will give you one way of answering. Also watching econplusdal doesnt give you an a* understanding it will. If you need notes i highly suggest physics and maths tutor's economics notes. They are godsend

Original post by Justino x
By watching econplusdal and making notes, doing exam questions etc would get you good at economics? ;o
Can someone help with this question please.... I don't know how to structure it or what to write about

Assess the impact on the Brazilian economy of the 2016 olympics.
Hello, I am an A2 student who got a B at AS Level and i am willing and able to help out anyone with any economic related questions.

Feel free to pm me or just post below

Edit - I do AQA Economics new spec

Hey I have just started studying as economics (I do OCR) and already love the subject! I would love to have advice on how to answer essay questions and what the examiners are looking for (I want to be as concise as possible.) Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to work efficiently and any mistakes to avoid! Good luck for A2!x :smile:
Hello, I am an A2 student who got a B at AS Level and i am willing and able to help out anyone with any economic related questions.

Feel free to pm me or just post below

Edit - I do AQA Economics new spec

Is the highest grade you can get at AS level an A?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest