The Student Room Group

Is it a good idea to start binge watching a tv series during school year?

Poll

should i binge watch?

I've finished 3 seasons of american horror story in two weeks during summer...i've hestitated season 4 because of school and lawwd do i miss it...im going cold turkey right now tbh

Scroll to see replies

No
Reply 2
It's a good idea if you wanna mess up your grades. Same goes with TSR usage :lol:
Reply 3
I started binge watching Narcos the easter before my exams, ended up watching half the season in a few days then realised it probably isn't a good idea
Now I've forgotten it all and cba to rewatch the ones I've already seen but wanna watch season 2 :frown:
So no, not a good idea, for me at least...
Reply 4
I would argue yes
It's a good way to motivate yourself if you have self control
I would be thinking "just another hour then I can watch another episode of dexter"
But oh wait you're talking about watching all the way through?
Well everyone needs a rest sometimes
You can probably afford to if it's the start of the year, to be honest.
Reply 6
Original post by saraxh
no

Original post by uws
it's a good idea if you wanna mess up your grades. Same goes with tsr usage :lol:

Original post by solc
i started binge watching narcos the easter before my exams, ended up watching half the season in a few days then realised it probably isn't a good idea
now i've forgotten it all and cba to rewatch the ones i've already seen but wanna watch season 2 :frown:
so no, not a good idea, for me at least...

Original post by hateme
i would argue yes
it's a good way to motivate yourself if you have self control
i would be thinking "just another hour then i can watch another episode of dexter"
but oh wait you're talking about watching all the way through?
Well everyone needs a rest sometimes

you guys are too late, ive accidentally clicked on putlocker
Reply 7
Original post by Plagioclase
You can probably afford to if it's the start of the year, to be honest.

this is the advice i wanted to hear :innocent:
Reply 8
Disappointed.
Reply 9
57919557.jpg
Reply 10
Lol i can't really talk, I started the first episode of AHS season 3 today sooo I have to watch the whole thing now right?:colondollar:
Original post by UWS
Disappointed.

Original post by hateme
57919557.jpg

Attachment not found

my spots are gone, sweat have evaporated, my farm is flourishing, bills are paid :woo:
how long is each episode?
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
how long is each episode?

about 40 min :innocent: and each season is different so its not like u have to finish the whole series to understand, each season is a whole new story
You can afford to use it as motivation after each study session. To stay up until 4am watching them all in one go however, no.
Original post by SeanFM
You can afford to use it as motivation after each study session. To stay up until 4am watching them all in one go however, no.

We all the that the latter is more likely to happen, so OP no it isn't. XD
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
We all the that the latter is more likely to happen, so OP no it isn't. XD

You are awake at strange times anyway so you have an excuse :tongue:
Even though i binge watch things all the time i am going to say no.... But i need to binge watch some shows before december so...

i love AHS my favourite season is 2 ... i still love dr threadson...
Reply 18
Original post by retro_turtles
Even though i binge watch things all the time i am going to say no.... But i need to binge watch some shows before december so...

i love AHS my favourite season is 2 ... i still love dr threadson...

Season 2 was th best followed by season 1
The rest was just terrible
No. Definitely not. NEVER start binge-watching a TV series, ESPECIALLY NOT Doctor Who, during the school year, ESPECIALLY NOT DURING THE EXAM SEASON.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest