The Student Room Group

Cambridge Level1/level2 certificate- can I go uni

Hi, I am currently studying the Btec extended diploma in engineering and I am predicted D* D* D* (including distinctions in both maths unit)

However my concern is with my GCSEs. I have a grade C in Cambridge level1/level 2 certificate in English language( it says IGCSE first language in English language on my certificate).

My question is will universities still accept this as GCSE English for the entry requirements?
Also I am a UK student which went to a Uk school

I hope to appy for BEng mechanical engineering at one of the following unis

University of Nottingham
Aston university
University of Birmingham
Coventry University
Birmigham city
Original post by Azizul98
Hi, I am currently studying the Btec extended diploma in engineering and I am predicted D* D* D* (including distinctions in both maths unit)

However my concern is with my GCSEs. I have a grade C in Cambridge level1/level 2 certificate in English language( it says IGCSE first language in English language on my certificate).

My question is will universities still accept this as GCSE English for the entry requirements?

I hope to appy for BEng mechanical engineering at one of the following unis

University of Nottingham
Aston university
University of Birmingham
Coventry University
Birmigham city

IGCSE's are seen as equivalent to GCSE's, I have an IGCSE in Maths and there was no problem with it. If in any further doubt though email admissions.
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
IGCSE's are seen as equivalent to GCSE's, I have an IGCSE in Maths and there was no problem with it. If in any further doubt though email admissions.

Hi thanks for the reply , is my level 1/ level 2 a IGCSE then? Because when I go to enter it into UCAS it tells me to select it as Cambridge level 1/level 2 this is why I'm confused because I don't no whether it is a IGCSE also on my certificate is says both? Confused 🤒
Hi thanks for the reply , is my level 1/ level 2 a IGCSE then? Because when I go to enter it into UCAS it tells me to select it as Cambridge level 1/level 2 this is why I'm confused because I don't no whether it is a IGCSE also on my certificate is says both? Confused 🤒

Now that I don't know, I've never heard of an IGCSE being referred to as a level 1/2 qualification.
Reply 4

Yes

http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-and-qualifications/cambridge-secondary-2/cambridge-igcse/uk-schools/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
[QUOTE=jneill;67514390]Yes

http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-and-qualifications/cambridge-secondary-2/cambridge-igcse/uk-schools/

Posted from TSR Mobile

So would universities take my certificate in place of their GCSE English requirement? Or would I be at and disadvantage at all?
Reply 6
So would universities take my certificate in place of their GCSE English requirement? Or would I be at and disadvantage at all?

IGCSEs and GCSEs are equivalent. It's not a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending