The Student Room Group

There is a credit card with an unlimited limit?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by jamesthehustler
I know someone who has a visa palladium card with a minimum requirement of £17.5million in total wealth just to get one and he's a premium car dealer who I met when I gave him a cash loan on some watches he had as he needed to close a deal and wanted £15,000 just to show the seller he meant business by showing up with 10% (i was able to do it with ease for two gold Rolexes and a gold Patek) but that was a big deal that comprised a pair of Bentleys, 2 Porsches, a Ferrari, a range rover and a Lamborghini

Really, and i thought it was good when i sold some dvds on ebay for £2.50!
Yeh, they just reap your soul :reaper:
Original post by iEthan
There may well be. But it doesn't belong in Chat.

Moved to money and finance.

:rofl:
Original post by john2054
Really, and i thought it was good when i sold some dvds on ebay for £2.50!

best bit is I make a small fortune out of him as he loans the watches, buys the cars, sell the cars and pays me interest
I make 4% a month so £15000 a month so £600 in interest every month or two (so far he's used me in June and then about 3 weeks ago)
Excuse me, i listened to your advice not to buy a laptop didn't i?!

Sky 0800 151 2775
If you want a free laptop Sky are giving them away if you sign up with them.
I'm with Virgin and they are crap and over priced so i'm going to switch to Sky just for the laptop and i only have to stay with Sky for one year, if i'm not happy with them i can leave.
My friend told me not to because they will only give cheap laptops but he does not know that for sure. Sky are giving away Lenovo laptops. I already have a
Lenovo Tablet i bought 3 years ago which is really good.
Anyway i'm not going to listen to my friend as i would at least like to see if sky's free laptop is any good.

And I hate people telling me what to do with my own money and not to take loans and telling me to save up, I never listen to those crap advice either and neither should you as those people waste money on uneccessary things they like too but love judging other people for the things they want to buy.
One of my friends wastes money on cigarrettes but i don't tell her to stop buying them and that she would have saved thousands of pounds every year if she gave them up so it's hypocritical to tell me what to do with my own money and the same people telling you not to take loans might be spending their money on drugs, who knows? But they don't always do sensible things with their money either so i would never tell anyone not to buy drugs with their money as it is up to them what they do, lots of people do that and they are not going to stop just because someone tells them not to so just because i don' do it doesn't mean i can tell other people not to.
If you want to buy a laptop then you should get one or try Sky's free laptop

I don't respect anybody that gives me a lecture and tells me what to do with my own money and tells me to save, I just continue to do what ever makes me happy
I'm sorry to say it but I love getting loans and as long as i pay them back within one or 2 months i can never get into debt, it's people who take out lots of loans and don't pay them back that get into serious debt.

As for looking for jobs you just sign up with lots of different employment agencies on the high street. Lots of people with criminal records have jobs
My brother has a criminal record and he still got a job as a carer and now as a security guard. I don't know how he did it but some companies will give you a chance like they did with him so You still apply for any job you want even if you have a criminal record as that is how my brother got lucky. If he decided that because of his past he will not bother to apply for any jobs just because of his past then he would still be unemployed now.

If you have a degree you go to good agencies like Reed and other agencies that will get you a good job
When i went to Reed years ago some men were embarrassed to admit they had criminal records but the recruitment advisors told them that it's ok and they woukd speak to the employers about it and they still got them jobs but this was Reed work programme that people are sent to by the job centre but i'm sure Reed on the high streets will still try to get you a job.
Because you have a degree it's easier to get a job as a Trainee Recruitment Consultant or Trainee Estate Agent if you type Foxton's on google as both take anyone who has no experience.

Those two jobs you will have a regular wage and can make lots of extra money on commission to pay off any debts and buy all the things you want
Most people who have degrees and can't get good jobs would rather earn **** , low wages doing retail, cleaning, etc or prefer to stay unemployed rather than take a chance applying for Trainee Recruitment jobs and don't even bother to try.
I don't understand why people get degrees then work in Mcdonalds, retail, cleaning after uni ends instead of just going to an agency to get them good jobs.
Do you want a job in Mcdonalds?
Some of those companies in recruitment pay £100,00 a year and give free holidays abroad, Foxton's do the same and give free cars but they also have other jobs like admin, etc. I can't rememer all the other jobs they advertised but I saw them on their website. You can find Recruitment and other jobs all on Reed, CV Library, Monster, Indeed websites online but aswell as applying online it's still best to try agencies on the high street too and Reed are always looking for Trainee Recruits.
Only tell employers you have a crim record if they ask first.
Hopefully one day I will be rich enough to get one of those cards
Reply 45
Original post by Judge Judy
Sky 0800 151 2775
If you want a free laptop Sky are giving them away if you sign up with them.
I'm with Virgin and they are crap and over priced so i'm going to switch to Sky just for the laptop and i only have to stay with Sky for one year, if i'm not happy with them i can leave.
My friend told me not to because they will only give cheap laptops but he does not know that for sure. Sky are giving away Lenovo laptops. I already have a
Lenovo Tablet i bought 3 years ago which is really good.
Anyway i'm not going to listen to my friend as i would at least like to see if sky's free laptop is any good.

And I hate people telling me what to do with my own money and not to take loans and telling me to save up, I never listen to those crap advice either and neither should you as those people waste money on uneccessary things they like too but love judging other people for the things they want to buy.
One of my friends wastes money on cigarrettes but i don't tell her to stop buying them and that she would have saved thousands of pounds every year if she gave them up so it's hypocritical to tell me what to do with my own money and the same people telling you not to take loans might be spending their money on drugs, who knows? But they don't always do sensible things with their money either so i would never tell anyone not to buy drugs with their money as it is up to them what they do, lots of people do that and they are not going to stop just because someone tells them not to so just because i don' do it doesn't mean i can tell other people not to.
If you want to buy a laptop then you should get one or try Sky's free laptop

I don't respect anybody that gives me a lecture and tells me what to do with my own money and tells me to save, I just continue to do what ever makes me happy
I'm sorry to say it but I love getting loans and as long as i pay them back within one or 2 months i can never get into debt, it's people who take out lots of loans and don't pay them back that get into serious debt.

As for looking for jobs you just sign up with lots of different employment agencies on the high street. Lots of people with criminal records have jobs
My brother has a criminal record and he still got a job as a carer and now as a security guard. I don't know how he did it but some companies will give you a chance like they did with him so You still apply for any job you want even if you have a criminal record as that is how my brother got lucky. If he decided that because of his past he will not bother to apply for any jobs just because of his past then he would still be unemployed now.

If you have a degree you go to good agencies like Reed and other agencies that will get you a good job
When i went to Reed years ago some men were embarrassed to admit they had criminal records but the recruitment advisors told them that it's ok and they woukd speak to the employers about it and they still got them jobs but this was Reed work programme that people are sent to by the job centre but i'm sure Reed on the high streets will still try to get you a job.
Because you have a degree it's easier to get a job as a Trainee Recruitment Consultant or Trainee Estate Agent if you type Foxton's on google as both take anyone who has no experience.

Those two jobs you will have a regular wage and can make lots of extra money on commission to pay off any debts and buy all the things you want
Most people who have degrees and can't get good jobs would rather earn **** , low wages doing retail, cleaning, etc or prefer to stay unemployed rather than take a chance applying for Trainee Recruitment jobs and don't even bother to try.
I don't understand why people get degrees then work in Mcdonalds, retail, cleaning after uni ends instead of just going to an agency to get them good jobs.
Do you want a job in Mcdonalds?
Some of those companies in recruitment pay £100,00 a year and give free holidays abroad, Foxton's do the same and give free cars but they also have other jobs like admin, etc. I can't rememer all the other jobs they advertised but I saw them on their website. You can find Recruitment and other jobs all on Reed, CV Library, Monster, Indeed websites online but aswell as applying online it's still best to try agencies on the high street too and Reed are always looking for Trainee Recruits.
Only tell employers you have a crim record if they ask first.

Thanks for your kind words Judy, i like the way you think about money. However it would seem that most people on here on more conservative with their wealth. As long as i have enough money to put food on the table, and electric on the meter, that is the main thing right?

I have decided against geting a new laptop for the time being anyway, because my i3 is in perfectly good working order. Although my wife's laptop has just about had it, so i am not ruling out getting one in the near future.

I also want to buy my wife a car when she passes her test. Then we can insure it for both of us.

As to working, i also have a mental health weakness, which can make me something like a big child at times, and i don't think any employer would be comfortable hiring me, as things are now. Not to mention i don't want to get a job right now. My wife works full time, and there are some days when i am needed to take and pick up, my daughter from school. Thanks again x.
Reply 46
Original post by Trapz99
Hopefully one day I will be rich enough to get one of those cards

They are fake Trapz, they are charge cards, which aren't the same as credit cards. I don't know how high the biggest credit card goes up to however?
Thanks for your kind words Judy, i like the way you think about money. However it would seem that most people on here on more conservative with their wealth. As long as i have enough money to put food on the table, and electric on the meter, that is the main thing right?

I have decided against geting a new laptop for the time being anyway, because my i3 is in perfectly good working order. Although my wife's laptop has just about had it, so i am not ruling out getting one in the near future.

I also want to buy my wife a car when she passes her test. Then we can insure it for both of us.

As to working, i also have a mental health weakness, which can make me something like a big child at times, and i don't think any employer would be comfortable hiring me, as things are now. Not to mention i don't want to get a job right now. My wife works full time, and there are some days when i am needed to take and pick up, my daughter from school. Thanks again x.

A lot of people are going to be even more pissed that you don't want a job yet but i don't care because i don't really want to work either but that's because i've had lots of jobs before but i decided i would do what i always wanted to do which is go back to college to do a fun course studying music. I did not want to do a course that will require me to do lots of studying i just wanted something fun to learn
Anyway i think your lucky you have a partner as most people don't or will never be lucky enough to achieve that. I think some people are jealous and also when your married your supposed to share everything so theres nothing wrong with your wife buying you things or paying some bills as you do the same for her and just because someone has children does'nt mean you can't treat yourself every now and again and you still treat your child by buying them things they like.
Some people don't have nice partners that would buy them a car or laptop so that is really nice and your wife knows if you had lots of money you will look after her as it works both ways that you do this for each other when your in a relationship and if you did get a laptop for yourself she can use it too
If you look up college courses you can do from home they give you a free laptop. I was going to do that 2 years ago just for the laptop but i'd rather be around other people in a college.
I was going to buy a second hand laptop in cash converters for £189 but by the time i waited too long to put a deposit on it someone else had bought it but it's probably better to buy a brand new one and a Tablet works just as good as a laptop

Working from home or doing paid surveys online all seem to be cons or i would be doing that to make extra money

You can make money doing things like film extra work, commercials, etc even your wife and child can do it in their spare time
www.Star Now
www.Capital Casting
Star now tells people about auditions for films, tv, maybe even Eastenders and other soaps, going on that programme Coach Trip for free holidays, etc
It's really interesting even if you did not actually take part in anything
If i had children i would take them to auditions for acting, commercials, modelling, etc so they can make money for themselves and help the family
My sisters daughter had a non speaking part in Marleys ghost but the reason they gave her a non speaking part was so they did not have to pay her much
But my sister got her daughter an agent but then stopped paying because it was costing a lot so it's cheaper just to sign up with film extra companies like Star Now online and Capital Casting are a film/acting agency but they don't charge people to find out where all the auditions are or to send them to auditions and anyone young or old can join it. But they do ask you to get professional pictures or if you don't have any they will do it for you to put on the internet so the clients can see them and choose who they want for auditions/ commercials, etc
Reply 48
Original post by Judge Judy
A lot of people are going to be even more pissed that you don't want a job yet but i don't care because i don't really want to work either but that's because i've had lots of jobs before but i decided i would do what i always wanted to do which is go back to college to do a fun course studying music. I did not want to do a course that will require me to do lots of studying i just wanted something fun to learn
Anyway i think your lucky you have a partner as most people don't or will never be lucky enough to achieve that. I think some people are jealous and also when your married your supposed to share everything so theres nothing wrong with your wife buying you things or paying some bills as you do the same for her and just because someone has children does'nt mean you can't treat yourself every now and again and you still treat your child by buying them things they like.
Some people don't have nice partners that would buy them a car or laptop so that is really nice and your wife knows if you had lots of money you will look after her as it works both ways that you do this for each other when your in a relationship and if you did get a laptop for yourself she can use it too
If you look up college courses you can do from home they give you a free laptop. I was going to do that 2 years ago just for the laptop but i'd rather be around other people in a college.
I was going to buy a second hand laptop in cash converters for £189 but by the time i waited too long to put a deposit on it someone else had bought it but it's probably better to buy a brand new one and a Tablet works just as good as a laptop

Working from home or doing paid surveys online all seem to be cons or i would be doing that to make extra money

You can make money doing things like film extra work, commercials, etc even your wife and child can do it in their spare time
www.Star Now
www.Capital Casting
Star now tells people about auditions for films, tv, maybe even Eastenders and other soaps, going on that programme Coach Trip for free holidays, etc
It's really interesting even if you did not actually take part in anything
If i had children i would take them to auditions for acting, commercials, modelling, etc so they can make money for themselves and help the family
My sisters daughter had a non speaking part in Marleys ghost but the reason they gave her a non speaking part was so they did not have to pay her much
But my sister got her daughter an agent but then stopped paying because it was costing a lot so it's cheaper just to sign up with film extra companies like Star Now online and Capital Casting are a film/acting agency but they don't charge people to find out where all the auditions are or to send them to auditions and anyone young or old can join it. But they do ask you to get professional pictures or if you don't have any they will do it for you to put on the internet so the clients can see them and choose who they want for auditions/ commercials, etc

Thanks Judy, well neither of us drive at the moment, so we wouldn't be much good to the girl even if she did make it. I will bear it in mind though.

I also think that you make some good points about work and having a family.

But i recognize that having credit is a luxury and not a right. And i think that as others have said, that there is a very real danger, not just for me and you, but the country as a whole, to become to reliant on credit as a whole. Do you remember the stock market crashes of 2007/8, caused by the lehrmann brothers, and american property bubble burst. I'm not saying that will happen again, but ican understand the problem. thanks again.
They are fake Trapz, they are charge cards, which aren't the same as credit cards. I don't know how high the biggest credit card goes up to however?

Yeah I know they are charge cards but they do exist and you need to be really rich to get one. What I meant was that I want to become that rich one day!!
Okay, i agree that there is a problem with benefits payments. I only get £260 a month, and i am going to have to reapply for this soon. I did a degree, got a 2.1 and still can't find a job. Now with benefits payments and sfe debt combined i am about £40k in debt.

That is long term debt however, for the credit cards, are short term debt. It isn't like it was ten years ago. These days it is quite hard to get a credit card, and even if you have one, and don't pay at least some of it off each month, they will take it off you quicker than you can say 'a quick thing'. Which is pretty quick!

You got a degree in Film Studies from a **** uni, took no work experience, gained no extra certs, leaned no additional languages, didn't lead any societies, get involved in projects or even do sports.

What did you expect to happen?

I mean it's a bit of a stretch to call yourself a graduate. Just get a shelf stacking job. No one cares about your mental issues. Or one with numbers in payroll or accountancy, if you need to further isolate yourself from people there is always IT. Don't make it out like there are no options when you just enjoy living off the tax of the hard working.
Original post by Trapz99
Yeah I know they are charge cards but they do exist and you need to be really rich to get one. What I meant was that I want to become that rich one day!!

You don't have to be rich to get a charge card, just consistently pay back the banks. I know quite a few with them as its much easier than getting an actual credit card with a high 50k+ limit.
Thanks Judy, well neither of us drive at the moment, so we wouldn't be much good to the girl even if she did make it. I will bear it in mind though.

I also think that you make some good points about work and having a family.

But i recognize that having credit is a luxury and not a right. And i think that as others have said, that there is a very real danger, not just for me and you, but the country as a whole, to become to reliant on credit as a whole. Do you remember the stock market crashes of 2007/8, caused by the lehrmann brothers, and american property bubble burst. I'm not saying that will happen again, but ican understand the problem. thanks again.

My sister can drive but does not like it and is not confident driving because she has not done it for years but her husband drives but he never takes them to any auditions but my sister takes her daughter by train. But taking trains for adults is so expensive but so are cars but you don't need to drive.
Her daughter had an audition for the lion king but she did not get the part. I just think it's fun and exciting for kids especially but for adults too and if your lucky you get to earn lots of easy money. But even if you don't do it it's good to know about these things in the future.
As for the loans i do rely on them too much but i don't care as they are only small loans that are easy to pay back. My friend jokes about starting an intervention to stop me getting anymore but that would not work on me anyway.
Everytime i mention getting a loan she texts No more loans. It drives me mad but i told her she should use reverse psychology and encourage me to get loans then i would stop as telling me not to makes me even more determined to get them because i don't like being told not to do things.
But i just told her that to shut her up really as telling me not to wouldn't work either.
I tried to stop before but after i paid it back in full i was broke again then realised i did not want to stop as they are harmless if they are small or get paid back within a month. I can't save 1 penny and have never been able to save so it's easier to just get a loan for things i want then pay it back
Reply 53
Original post by TrojanH
You got a degree in Film Studies from a **** uni, took no work experience, gained no extra certs, leaned no additional languages, didn't lead any societies, get involved in projects or even do sports.

What did you expect to happen?

I mean it's a bit of a stretch to call yourself a graduate. Just get a shelf stacking job. No one cares about your mental issues. Or one with numbers in payroll or accountancy, if you need to further isolate yourself from people there is always IT. Don't make it out like there are no options when you just enjoy living off the tax of the hard working.

My degree was in Sociology with theatre studies. And I have done a number of certificates since completing it. To be honest with you, i was so busy working on the degree, whilst doing it that I didn't really have time for anything else.

It's not a stretch to call myself a graduate, i have the certificate. What level education are you @TrojanH still doing your gcses are you?
I'm sure there is...for people that want to get into tremendous debt.
My degree was in Sociology with theatre studies. And I have done a number of certificates since completing it. To be honest with you, i was so busy working on the degree, whilst doing it that I didn't really have time for anything else.

It's not a stretch to call myself a graduate, i have the certificate. What level education are you @TrojanH still doing your gcses are you?

University.

I mean. I have a part time job doing tedious **** to help pay rent, so I don't understand why a father of 1 is too lazy to get one.
Reply 56
Original post by TrojanH
University.

I mean. I have a part time job doing tedious **** to help pay rent, so I don't understand why a father of 1 is too lazy to get one.

and what degree are you doing Stem>? and what year are you in?
and what degree are you doing Stem>? and what year are you in?

Look mate. I don't believe any degree is 'better' than any other. I acknowledge some are more rigorous and more respected than others but in know way am I entitled to a job purely because of a degree. What I do disrespect though, are candidates that simply make no effort outside of academia to go into industry, as any one of any academic discipline can make great strides towards employment simply by being knowledge and understanding the employment market.

But yes. I am doing a STEM degree in Computer Science.
Reply 58
Original post by TrojanH
Look mate. I don't believe any degree is 'better' than any other. I acknowledge some are more rigorous and more respected than others but in know way am I entitled to a job purely because of a degree. What I do disrespect though, are candidates that simply make no effort outside of academia to go into industry, as any one of any academic discipline can make great strides towards employment simply by being knowledge and understanding the employment market.

But yes. I am doing a STEM degree in Computer Science.

and what year are you in>>/?
John, you're better than this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending