The Student Room Group

New School, No Friends

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, dw about it, you'll find some friends at some point! I'm home schooled - I see some friends once (sometimes twice) a week; others, only a few times a year. I always used to think I was a total loner, with not enough friends etc. But now I've figured out that, even if I were at school, I'd probably only have a few friends, bc I'm the sort of person who prefers a few, close friends to many, distant friends. But honestly, I'm sure there are other ppl who probably feel insecure about not having any/enough friend; just break that barrier and go talk to them. I'm sure you'll manage to get a few (even one can suffice) friend(s). gl from your friend on TSR :wink:

Yeah you're right. I am trying to be more approachable and speak more. Honestly, I just need one friend. I don't a group, just one would be enough for me. Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it <3
Reply 21
Original post by Carthaginian
Oh well, RIP.
You either make friends, or die trying.
Are you a guy or girl btw?

That's very comforting. I'm a girl.
Original post by change06
I'm a her haha, and that really does mean a lot. But isn't it nice to have someone?

Ok you are a girl, it doesn't matter.

Who said we need friends, it's a myth.

If I were you I would sit alone all day in class and study, I will never be late to any class and on the weekends and holidays I will never go out but only study in my room.

Listen what matters in life is succeeding.
more friends, more drama
so if do do make friends, choose them wisely.
as they say," it is better to stay alone and have no friends, than to have bad company and have loads of friends"

friends arent as important as you may think they are..

[video="youtube;jtmhKTNV1HA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtmhKTNV1HA[/video]
I just feel so alone.

I was like this at the beginning of sixth form. Everyone's friendship groups had already formed. I was in the study centre/library a lot and noticed people who were alone too. I just forced conversation and now we hang out in free's and lunch. We do completely different subjects but we just bond over doing well at school. It gets better, try and put yourself out there.
I have. In class I introduce myself first. I encourage them to speak too. But it all goes it waste.

Alter ur uniform and be darin with it huh??!!
Same here
Original post by mariam687
more friends, more drama
so if do do make friends, choose them wisely.
as they say," it is better to stay alone and have no friends, than to have bad company and have loads of friends"

friends arent as important as you may think they are..

[video="youtube;jtmhKTNV1HA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtmhKTNV1HA[/video]

My so called 'friends' weren't happy with me revising all the time and planning out my future. They were only interested in gossiping and shopping which I wasn't interested in. They didn't like me much because of how academic I was so I left them to focus on my studies and came out with A* in my maths GCSE whilst they came out with B's and C's. Do you think I made the right decision leaving them since I feel I would have ended up with poor grades in their company?
Original post by daniella.14
My so called 'friends' weren't happy with me revising all the time and planning out my future. They were only interested in gossiping and shopping which I wasn't interested in. They didn't like me much because of how academic I was so I left them to focus on my studies and came out with A* in my maths GCSE whilst they came out with B's and C's. Do you think I made the right decision leaving them since I feel I would have ended up with poor grades in their company?

i think you did, i mean astar damn well done :smile: tbh if you were with them, youd get distracted and you would too get results like them, i mean yeah, its a pass but you can achieve better and you did :smile:
i think you should find friends who have a similar personlity type to yoou, your friends seem to be happy with talking about "fashion" and "gossip" as you mentioned, which you're not happy to get involved in, so find someone who wants to aspire and pursue in similar careers as you
Join a club and make friends with people who have similar interests to you?
i think you did, i mean astar damn well done :smile: tbh if you were with them, youd get distracted and you would too get results like them, i mean yeah, its a pass but you can achieve better and you did :smile:
i think you should find friends who have a similar personlity type to yoou, your friends seem to be happy with talking about "fashion" and "gossip" as you mentioned, which you're not happy to get involved in, so find someone who wants to aspire and pursue in similar careers as you

Because of them I got moved down to set 2 but when I left them I was able to work harder and I have moved back to top set in Year 11. Ever since I left them I have hang around in the reading room at break and lunch revising. I was told that people will call me a 'loner' but I gathered courage and told myself I was in school to learn. But now Im in top set and I dont have any friends there. I smile a lot and Im very polite and nice and answer a lot of questions in class. Do you think these qualities will attract people with similar aspirations as me?
Original post by daniella.14
Because of them I got moved down to set 2 but when I left them I was able to work harder and I have moved back to top set in Year 11. Ever since I left them I have hang around in the reading room at break and lunch revising. I was told that people will call me a 'loner' but I gathered courage and told myself I was in school to learn. But now Im in top set and I dont have any friends there. I smile a lot and Im very polite and nice and answer a lot of questions in class. Do you think these qualities will attract people with similar aspirations as me?

ahh icic, well frm what youve told me it seems as though you have improved not only academically but youve even become more better as a person. i think they are the ones who brought u down and you aint got time to waste time on people like tht.
loner smh, who said that? just because you sit and revise youre called a loner? naa. it shows you are mature and you made use of ur breaks and lunches to revise.youre polite, kind and caring, would u rather have a personality that of someone who wastes time gossiping and getting borderline pass? or would u rather have amazing grades,politeness and respect? those are the characterisitcs people look for.
Original post by robertpiktos
Ok you are a girl, it doesn't matter.

Who said we need friends, it's a myth.

If I were you I would sit alone all day in class and study, I will never be late to any class and on the weekends and holidays I will never go out but only study in my room.

Listen what matters in life is succeeding.

lmao
Original post by dairychocolate
lmao

What's funny?.

I am serious.

What matters in life is only grades and succeeding.
What's funny?.

I am serious.

What matters in life is only grades and succeeding.

I'll do you the credit of assuming you're not winding me up, as I once held the same view as you do now.

The idea that only grades or 'success' (a nebulous and subjective concept) matter is a sad and reductive way to look at life. The experiences you have, the friendships and relationships you build etc. are all a huge part of life. I say that as someone who has put in a lot of hard work and got into medical school, so please don't think I'm some hippy that thinks grades don't matter.
ahh icic, well frm what youve told me it seems as though you have improved not only academically but youve even become more better as a person. i think they are the ones who brought u down and you aint got time to waste time on people like tht.
loner smh, who said that? just because you sit and revise youre called a loner? naa. it shows you are mature and you made use of ur breaks and lunches to revise.youre polite, kind and caring, would u rather have a personality that of someone who wastes time gossiping and getting borderline pass? or would u rather have amazing grades,politeness and respect? those are the characterisitcs people look for.

Do you recommend I avoid those people as much as possible? TBH I sit next to one of them in my science lessons and I always do better than her in tests but if I avoid her I have no one else. Also, I walk with one of them to school and she claims to be my 'friend' but then acts differently when she sees other members of her group (she pretends like we are not friends). She always puts her friendship group first (like sometimes she texts me saying she isn't going to walk with me cuz her other friends want to walk with her) but then sometimes she texts me for us to meet at someplace and I say no cuz I want to revise.
Original post by dairychocolate
I'll do you the credit of assuming you're not winding me up, as I once held the same view as you do now.

The idea that only grades or 'success' (a nebulous and subjective concept) matter is a sad and reductive way to look at life. The experiences you have, the friendships and relationships you build etc. are all a huge part of life. I say that as someone who has put in a lot of hard work and got into medical school, so please don't think I'm some hippy that thinks grades don't matter.

Friends are annoying.

It's best to be alone and succeed.
I just feel so alone.

hey :h: it took me about 2 years to meet my first good friend. Just be friendly and be yourself and I am sure you'll find a friend soon. I know it's not nice to feel alone at all... but I guess you've just got to be patient. Don't worry, we've all been there! :u:

have you tried talking to the people at your new school?
Friends are annoying.

It's best to be alone and succeed.

noo not necessarily. sometimes you need a bit of company...
i actually tried to stay alone and just focus on my work but it didn't exactly do me any good. you can have friends and succeed at the same time, don't you think? :smile:
You have no friends?.
So what?.
Who needs friends ?( I am not joking).

Friends won't get you far in life.
Good grades WILL.
So my advice to you is forget about friends, and study like crazy all day and night and weekends, don't go out , just study.
Also don't do drugs,alcohol or smoke.
Eat well and exercise.
That will get you far in life, not friends.

Who's going to want to hire you when you can't make friends in the office?
Who's gonna cover your ass when your alarm clock broke, and you'll be 10 minutes late into your shift?
Who's gonna help fix your car on a huge discount?
Who's gonna help house sit, while you're at the hospital for an extended period of time?

Successful people don't become successful on their own. Life wasn't meant to be done alone, lighten up a little

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending