The Student Room Group

TOO many sexual partners?

The guy i've been talking to is 21 and seems nice enough, he's recently told me that he has been with 50+ women but said to me that I shouldn't judge him by his past and he isnt like that anymore.

Do you think thats too many sexual partners? (specially for his age)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's quite a lot indeed. Is he interested in a relationship with you or does he want to be casual? Get to know him a bit more, see what his intentions are like, if he turns out to be a ****boy then run away.
Let me speak from my perspective to maybe justify what he's saying. I'm in my mid 20s now. I used to sleep around a lot when I was younger and probably had slept with a similar amount of girls by the time I was his age. That was just me being a young and single, good looking lad who knew how to talk to women - the circumstances were right and I loved being adventurous.

Now, I'm a bit older and I've settled down. I've never cheated on a girl, in fact I stayed single because I knew I wanted to sleep around, and to try and have both is unfair on your partner - nowadays however, if the right girl came along I'd happily settle down with her with absolutely no intention of sleeping with anyone else, my days of promiscuity are behind me.
On the positive side, if he has slept with 50 people, it probably better at it than the average person.
Original post by GingerJoe
On the positive side, if he has slept with 50 people, it probably better at it than the average person.

What a load of rubbish, I find the opposite is true.

Someone thats had 1 relationship and slept with the same person 50 times will be far more experienced in what works and what doesn't vs someone thats had 50 one night stands.
Original post by loooopppyyy
What a load of rubbish, I find the opposite is true.

Someone thats had 1 relationship and slept with the same person 50 times will be far more experienced in what works and what doesn't vs someone thats had 50 one night stands.

Truth.
I'd be worried someone who had slept with that amount of women wouldn't want a relationship, just sex. I wouldn't not date them but I'd be more cautious about their intentions. They might just like the chase then get bored after. If you like him though then give him a chance.
Reply 7
Original post by Ella-keturah
I'd be worried someone who had slept with that amount of women wouldn't want a relationship, just sex. I wouldn't not date them but I'd be more cautious about their intentions. They might just like the chase then get bored after. If you like him though then give him a chance.

Likewise. I'd want to build up some trust before anything else happens
Original post by Anonymous
The guy i've been talking to is 21 and seems nice enough, he's recently told me that he has been with 50+ women but said to me that I shouldn't judge him by his past and he isnt like that anymore.

Well he's a proper F-boy isn't he?

The thread title should be changed to: TOO many 18 year old virgins?

Nah - tell him to return to his old ways - He may break the world record for STDs caught...

- That's something to tell the kids

He should also tell his kids to use contraception...
Yes, I do think that's too many sexual partners at his age, only because I'm a huge believer of the mentality of depth not breadth - with anything, from sex to materialistic things. However, I agree with him that you shouldn't hold the past against him if he is being genuine about himself being different now. Obviously you'll have to get to know him more.
I don't see the problem, unless he has some sort of STD, or is a f**kboy,.
Funny how if this was a girl that slept with 50 men she would get called all sorts of names...lol🤔

Anyway, OP it is totally up to you. Personally the number isn't that important but it might tell me that they prefer short term relationships or they like one night stands, but that barely means anything. If you think 50 is too much then don't bother.
Reply 12
50 is a lot.

Be careful you're not just another notch on his bedpost
Girl that has many sexual partners and a man questions it.= SHE CAN DO WHAT SHE WANTS WITH HER BODY.

Man that has many sexual partners and a woman questions it= HE IS JUST USING YOU.
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous

Yes, stay away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by loveleest
Funny how if this was a girl that slept with 50 men she would get called all sorts of names...lol🤔

Original post by AperfectBalance
Girl that has many sexual partners and a man questions it.= SHE CAN DO WHAT SHE WANTS WITH HER BODY.

Man that has many sexual partners and a woman questions it= HE IS JUST USING YOU.

the feminist vs the meninist
Original post by malebo55
the feminist vs the meninist

I'm not a "menenist" Just saying the truth. there was a thread simmilar to this but with the genders being reversed and the Reactions were mostly what I said
Original post by AperfectBalance
I'm not a "menenist" Just saying the truth. there was a thread simmilar to this but with the genders being reversed and the Reactions were mostly what I said

relax, i just found the two drastically different interpretations amusing
Original post by ANM775
50 is a lot.

Be careful you're not just another notch on his bedpost

That's what I'm afraid of but he's so nice to me it's hard to tell what he wants.

UPDATE: I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT HE'S ONLY HAD TWO GIRLFRIENDS AND THE LONGEST RELATIONSHIP WAS 6 MONTHS WHICH MAKES ME QUESTION HOW HE TREATED THE OTHER 50+ WOMEN :s-smilie::frown:
I'd be more concerned with if he's cheated on previous partners.

Personally don't care how many guys a girl has slept with (as long as she's honest about it), I'm more concerned as to how her previous relationships ended.

Quick Reply

Latest