The Student Room Group

My crush has a girlfriend, kill me

I've been really into a girl for a couple of years and had finally decided that I was going to ask her out tomorrow. I was so excited about this and planned it in my head for ages. I found out today that she met someone and they're now dating and I'm devestated.

How do I get over this? I really really like her, I want her to be my girlfriend so badly

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thanks
aw dude, well there's always the possibility that her relationship will end so you don't have to lose hope but all I can say with certainty is that you don't 'need' her and if you want them to your feelings will fade, with time
Original post by Anonymous
I've been really into a girl for a couple of years and had finally decided that I was going to ask her out tomorrow. I was so excited about this and planned it in my head for ages. I found out today that she met someone and they're now dating and I'm devestated.

How do I get over this? I really really like her, I want her to be my girlfriend so badly

vodka
lots and lots of vodka
Reply 4

Well mate this is your own fault, why would you wait a few years to ask her out? :s-smilie:

To move on, block her/cut contact and talk to other girls. Don't be so desperate, girls can smell it a mile away.

Original post by indigofox
aw dude, well there's always the possibility that her relationship will end so you don't have to lose hope but all I can say with certainty is that you don't 'need' her and if you want them to your feelings will fade, with time

Please don't give the OP false hope. He should just move on and forget her immediately.
>OP - I am so sorry that things have worked out this way. Good for you to decide to finally be brave and ask her out. What has happened is that you've learned a life lesson and that is that you shouldn't wait so long to ask a girl out. But, you know, mainly crushes are just that ..... crushes. We have such strong overwhelming feelings for these people but they never were or will be active people in our personal lives. We put them on such high pedestal. But, that doesn't mean you won't or can't find someone else who actually will be part of your life romantically. The best way to get over your crush is to realize that she's moved on and you should too. IF you find her current bf situation doesn't work out don't wait... get in there and ask her out but do not sit around waiting for or daydreaming about her. Get out there and make new connections and meet new people! Actively make yourself not think about her and when you find your mind drifting back toward those thoughts clear your head and force yourself not to think about her or what could have been. You could be missing out on someone else! Time will heal a broken heart from a crush. So, the next time you find yourself fancying another girl, who doesn't have a boyfriend, don't wait, ask her out! Good luck!
So, wait, I'm confused - are you a guy that was going to ask a girl out, only to discover that she's a lesbian and is now taken; or are you also a lesbian; or does the title contain an error of epic proportions?
Reply 7
It happens. Wait patiently, hopefully they won't end up happily married living in a leafy suburb with 4 kids, then when they split up POUNCE. In the meanwhile the vodka suggested above + looking for a plan B is a good bet.
(edited 7 years ago)
Idk if she's a lesbian or if you're a lesbian or if you're a guy and have realised she'll never even be into guys, whatever the deal is, write this one off. Do not fall into the trap of giving yourself false hope and saying to yourself you'll win her over when they break up.
That could be in years or months time, either way you shouldn't waste your precious time over somebody, ever. Remove your eyes from this one and have a look around at the other girls around you
Reply 9
Original post by indigofox

I hope :frown: thanks
Original post by WoodyMKC
So, wait, I'm confused - are you a guy that was going to ask a girl out, only to discover that she's a lesbian and is now taken; or are you also a lesbian; or does the title contain an error of epic proportions?

I'm also a girl,and yes a lesbian,should have made that clear.
Original post by UWS
Well mate this is your own fault, why would you wait a few years to ask her out? :s-smilie:

To move on, block her/cut contact and talk to other girls. Don't be so desperate, girls can smell it a mile away.

Please don't give the OP false hope. He should just move on and forget her immediately.

I'm a girl, so I waited so long because only now am I ready to come out as lesbian and start dating girls, I've been scared for way too long. I suppose it is my own fault for not being brave enough :frown:
Original post by Hopefully1
>OP - I am so sorry that things have worked out this way. Good for you to decide to finally be brave and ask her out. What has happened is that you've learned a life lesson and that is that you shouldn't wait so long to ask a girl out. But, you know, mainly crushes are just that ..... crushes. We have such strong overwhelming feelings for these people but they never were or will be active people in our personal lives. We put them on such high pedestal. But, that doesn't mean you won't or can't find someone else who actually will be part of your life romantically. The best way to get over your crush is to realize that she's moved on and you should too. IF you find her current bf situation doesn't work out don't wait... get in there and ask her out but do not sit around waiting for or daydreaming about her. Get out there and make new connections and meet new people! Actively make yourself not think about her and when you find your mind drifting back toward those thoughts clear your head and force yourself not to think about her or what could have been. You could be missing out on someone else! Time will heal a broken heart from a crush. So, the next time you find yourself fancying another girl, who doesn't have a boyfriend, don't wait, ask her out! Good luck!

Thankyou, you're right. She is just so amazing, I could see myself marrying her but now i've lost my chance :frown:. She has a girlfriend btw, not a boyfriend, we're both gay
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Idk if she's a lesbian or if you're a lesbian or if you're a guy and have realised she'll never even be into guys, whatever the deal is, write this one off. Do not fall into the trap of giving yourself false hope and saying to yourself you'll win her over when they break up.
That could be in years or months time, either way you shouldn't waste your precious time over somebody, ever. Remove your eyes from this one and have a look around at the other girls around you

We're both lesbians. They're in a really long distance relationship so I'm thinking it probably won't last, is that really wrong of me?

Edit: I'm a girl, we're both gay
If you're serious about the last part you can PM me and I'll have that taken care off.

LOL, Just kidding, move on, eat ice cream, use Tinder, there's always fish in the sea
Original post by Vividly clear
If you're serious about the last part you can PM me and I'll have that taken care off.

LOL, Just kidding, move on, eat ice cream, use Tinder, there's always fish in the sea

I am serious. I'll be spending time with her soon because of a party and it's going to kill me
We're both lesbians. They're in a really long distance relationship so I'm thinking it probably won't last, is that really wrong of me?

Yes it is
Reply 18

Honestly this sounds like something from 'casually explained'. Why on Earth would you wait that long? People aren't mind-readers, and for all you know, she may well have liked you back. But neither of you asked the question, and she moved on. So, what do you do? Hate to break it to you, but move on. You had your chance, actually you had a few years of a chance, but you didn't seize the moment, instead you waited for someone else to do it for you.

In future, for the next girl you fall head over heels for, remember that the feeling of asking her and being rejected isn't even half as bad as the feeling of not having the guts to make a move. Because if you don't ask, nobody will ask for you.
Original post by MPH125
Honestly this sounds like something from 'casually explained'. Why on Earth would you wait that long? People aren't mind-readers, and for all you know, she may well have liked you back. But neither of you asked the question, and she moved on. So, what do you do? Hate to break it to you, but move on. You had your chance, actually you had a few years of a chance, but you didn't seize the moment, instead you waited for someone else to do it for you.

In future, for the next girl you fall head over heels for, remember that the feeling of asking her and being rejected isn't even half as bad as the feeling of not having the guts to make a move. Because if you don't ask, nobody will ask for you.

I didn't ask her as I hadn't come out as gay yet and wasn't in a place where I was ready to date someone, and then she got a girlfriend. Her and her first gf broke up so I wanted to ask her out but I just heard that she found someone else

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending