The Student Room Group

I finally ended things with him for good

But I feel so hollow and miserable. Before I ended things I was always sad because of him and felt like he didn't give a damn. Now that I did the right thing, I don't feel any better. Twice when my mum tried to talk to me about housework today I broke down.

My course is over now as well, it feels like I have nothing left :frown:
i won't lie to you, it's gunna feel like that for a while. But i promise it won't be that way forever. He doesn't define you, nor does your course. You are not an incomplete person darling- you don't need another half. You're 100% interesting, funny and wonderful. Sometimes you've just gotta pick yourself up, dust yourself down, and carry on, am i right? Xxx
Reply 2
Original post by LDavies1303
i won't lie to you, it's gunna feel like that for a while. But i promise it won't be that way forever. He doesn't define you, nor does your course. You are not an incomplete person darling- you don't need another half. You're 100% interesting, funny and wonderful. Sometimes you've just gotta pick yourself up, dust yourself down, and carry on, am i right? Xxx

You are, and I know that it will get easier with time but I wish that I had done this long ago so that I wouldn't be at this stage anymore. The job hunting is quite demoralising as well, it would be nice to have something lined up.

Thanks :smile:. I just needed to let it out because it all feel so overwhelming. Xx
Original post by Anonymous
You are, and I know that it will get easier with time but I wish that I had done this long ago so that I wouldn't be at this stage anymore. The job hunting is quite demoralising as well, it would be nice to have something lined up.

Thanks :smile:. I just needed to let it out because it all feel so overwhelming. Xx

It's completely ok, and from what i can tell you're doing amazingly. It'll all sort itself out bab xx
Why did you end things?
Reply 5
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Why did you end things?

Because he was hurting me every day with how indifferent he seemed. On some days when I had a lot of distractions it wasn't as bad but now I don't have many. I didn't want to keep living like that when I knew that I would eventually be better off without him.
Because he was hurting me every day with how indifferent he seemed. On some days when I had a lot of distractions it wasn't as bad but now I don't have many. I didn't want to keep living like that when I knew that I would eventually be better off without him.

Good on you girl, never stay in something that's making you unhappy
Reply 7
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Good on you girl, never stay in something that's making you unhappy

But I feel so hollow and miserable. Before I ended things I was always sad because of him and felt like he didn't give a damn. Now that I did the right thing, I don't feel any better. Twice when my mum tried to talk to me about housework today I broke down.

My course is over now as well, it feels like I have nothing left :frown:

I know its hard but, think of the future, youre gonna date loads of other people, this one person is in the past now, leave them there. try to take up some hobbies, volunteer for a charity or a group locally, do stuff to keep your mind busy and meet new people. you obviously had your reasons for ending it, and eventually you will move on and forget about this person. if they didnt make you happy when you were with them, the unhappiness you feel now will soon probably change to a realisation of how happy you are now youre no longer with them (thatll make more sense in time, trust me).
Reply 9
Original post by Chocolatesoup
I know its hard but, think of the future, youre gonna date loads of other people, this one person is in the past now, leave them there. try to take up some hobbies, volunteer for a charity or a group locally, do stuff to keep your mind busy and meet new people. you obviously had your reasons for ending it, and eventually you will move on and forget about this person. if they didnt make you happy when you were with them, the unhappiness you feel now will soon probably change to a realisation of how happy you are now youre no longer with them (thatll make more sense in time, trust me).

Thanks, I'm actually coping much better than I thought I would now. Feeling proud of myself :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending