The Student Room Group

Things have escalated help

So I met this guy on a a dating app, began talking to him, I didn't think anything was going to happen of it, just to pass time out of boredom...
We've been talking a couple of weeks and he asked for my number so I stupidly gave it, then he asked me out on a date which I agreed to... So we decided to go out this week, but now I'm getting cold feet...
The thing is I can't actually see myself dating this guy for real, his looks aren't a problem but I'm just not 100% into him like I initially was. Don't get me started on how embarrassing it would be as well to tell people we met on this dating app..
Shall I block him on the app and block his phone number and not turn up to the date?
I feel too nervous to go on this date but part of me wants to go just to see what it's like, I feel like hell expect me to kiss him, which I don't think I want to...
I just think ill probably be able to get a better boyfriend from one of the guys in my own year at uni, not this guy who's 3 years older I met online..
What do I do

Scroll to see replies

try it out
Just tell him, you've changed your mind. Other than that, tell him you contracted the Bubonic Plague.
It sounds like you aren't interested, so don't go?
Reply 4
I thought I was interested... I used to go crazy inside when he'd reply late and could imagine dating him, but now it's actually come down to it I think I'm in deep water and can't actually bring myself to date him.
But then if I block him I feel like I'll always think what if but I feel nauseous when I think about going on a date with him
Original post by A-LJLB
It sounds like you aren't interested, so don't go?
Original post by Anonymous
I thought I was interested... I used to go crazy inside when he'd reply late and could imagine dating him, but now it's actually come down to it I think I'm in deep water and can't actually bring myself to date him.
But then if I block him I feel like I'll always think what if but I feel nauseous when I think about going on a date with him

Then go, however do not feel pressured into doing anything you don't want to do. If you're still not feeling it, then be honest with him :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Seamus123
Just tell him, you've changed your mind. Other than that, tell him you contracted the Bubonic Plague.

What if he starts questioning why? I feel like if I just block him it'll make everything go away peacefully.
I agreed to the date yesterday and if I say I've changed my mind today hell think I'm odd...
The thing is I really liked him before but now I'm having doubts and can't actually see him being my boyfriend. But I'm scared if I block him I'll regret it
Reply 7
I vomitted earlier when I thought about the date :frown: it was like a mixture of nerves, anxiety and when we matched and I got talking to him I didn't think it would actually get to the dating stage...
Reply 8
try it out

I'm too nervous and I didn't actually expect a date to come out of this :frown:
So I met this guy on a a dating app, began talking to him, I didn't think anything was going to happen of it, just to pass time out of boredom...
We've been talking a couple of weeks and he asked for my number so I stupidly gave it, then he asked me out on a date which I agreed to... So we decided to go out this week, but now I'm getting cold feet...
The thing is I can't actually see myself dating this guy for real, his looks aren't a problem but I'm just not 100% into him like I initially was. Don't get me started on how embarrassing it would be as well to tell people we met on this dating app..
Shall I block him on the app and block his phone number and not turn up to the date?
I feel too nervous to go on this date but part of me wants to go just to see what it's like, I feels like hell expect me to kiss him, which I don't think I want to...
I just think ill probably be able to get a better boyfriend from one of the guys in my own year at uni, not this guy who's 3 years older I met online..
What do I do
you made plans with this person.you should grow up act your age and go out. You might actually have fun.
Original post by emobambam
you made plans with this person.you should grow up act your age and go out. You might actually have fun.

I don't want to, I feel too nervous and can't stop feeling sick, I didn't realise we were actually going to go on a date, he was so distant before
Reply 11
dont just not turn up, atleast cancel it
Original post by z33
dont just not turn up, atleast cancel it

Idk what to say though, I agreed yesterday and was like yeah sounds good! :smile: (idk why I said that I should've just said no but again I stupidly didn't realise an actual date was going to come off it)
This is the third time I'm getting cold feet after a guy online asks me out on a date. The other two times I unmatched the guys and blocked them on all forms of media
Reply 13
Idk what to say though, I agreed yesterday and was like yeah sounds good! :smile: (idk why I said that I should've just said no but again I stupidly didn't realise an actual date was going to come off it)
This is the third time I'm getting cold feet after a guy online asks me out on a date. The other two times I unmatched the guys and blocked them on all forms of media

just be like "hey sorry something came up and i cant go anymore :frown:"
if he wants to reschedule be like "ill check and get back to you"
and then block :smile:
It's a dating app - what did you expect would happen?

For the sake of other guys on the app you should take yourself off it. Stop messing guys around.
Say you've got food poisoning

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just found out he's an unemployed graduate, I definitely can't go on a date with him. I am not dating someone who's unemployed, if my mum knew as well, she'd make me dump him
Original post by adesola15
Say you've got food poisoning

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I don't want him to envisage me having diahorrhea and puking
Original post by Duncan2012
It's a dating app - what did you expect would happen?

For the sake of other guys on the app you should take yourself off it. Stop messing guys around.

I don't know!! I got bored and went on it and initially I was just talking to pass the time then I'd get giddy when he replied and I think I liked the idea of him... I just didn't really expect a date and relationship to happen from it I thought things would just float around in the same place..
I don't want to, I feel too nervous and can't stop feeling sick, I didn't realise we were actually going to go on a date, he was so distant before
he probably is as nervous as you are.

Quick Reply

Latest