The Student Room Group

If a girl wore dungarees on a first date?

Girls would you ever wear a dungaree on a first date?
Guys what would you think if a girl you just met and are going on a first date with wore dungarees?
I'm already quite short so I feel like it'll make me look like a child with a flat arse? But I feel really comfortable in dungaree?

Scroll to see replies

Nothing wrong with dungarees. Sometimes they bring out the butt, and in those instances dungarees look quite nice. As long as you wear something underneath the dungarees then you should be fine.
Definitely not - looking like a mechanic or farmer just don't do it. You need to dress for the occasion
Reply 3
Original post by Blimey1000
Definitely not - looking like a mechanic or farmer just don't do it. You need to dress for the occasion

What would look nice to wear/ be appropriate for the occasion? I've never been on a date before
Original post by Anonymous
What would look nice to wear/ be appropriate for the occasion? I've never been on a date before

A classy dress with heels.
Reply 5
Original post by Blimey1000
A classy dress with heels.

We're walking around loads though then going for drinks idk if that's appropriate for the walking part, it's not like I'm going to a fancy restaurant
Where are you going for your date?
Reply 7
Original post by simbasdragon
Where are you going for your date?

We're doing lots of walking beforehand then drinks I think
Reply 8
OK for line dancing or roping hogs
Reply 9
Note to any woman who owns a onsie or dungaries.. burn them all.

They are horribly unattractive items.
We're walking around loads though then going for drinks idk if that's appropriate for the walking part, it's not like I'm going to a fancy restaurant

Drop the heels then. Flat shoes, co-ordinate with your dress.
Reply 11
I would marry her
Original post by loooopppyyy
Haha yeh don't do dungarees on a first date, you'll look like a hillbilly.

Leave it a few dates before becoming comfortable imo :biggrin:

Original post by Maker
OK for line dancing or roping hogs

Original post by Rakas21
Note to any woman who owns a onsie or dungaries.. burn them all.

They are horribly unattractive items.

Okay guys I'm actually really glad I posted this thread because before this I was actually planning on wearing my dungarees but now I'm going to have to rethink that.

What would you like to see a girl wearing on a first date?
I don't know what is the appropriate wear for a first date, I've never been on one before. Initially I was planning on wearing shorts and trainers but my sister said absolutely not
Are they smart dungarees? If they're black for example then I may wear them, if they're just casual denim then it may be too informal.
Okay guys I'm actually really glad I posted this thread because before this I was actually planning on wearing my dungarees but now I'm going to have to rethink that.

What would you like to see a girl wearing on a first date?
I don't know what is the appropriate wear for a first date, I've never been on one before. Initially I was planning on wearing shorts and trainers but my sister said absolutely not

Women should have 3 items to wear on her lower half..

1) Dresses

2) Skirts (not denim, the other type looks better)

3) Tight black leggings/tights

Nothing else is needed really.

Shorts are like jeans, not unattractive but always inferior options to the above.
Original post by simbasdragon
Are they smart dungarees? If they're black for example then I may wear them, if they're just casual denim then it may be too informal.

Yes they're blue denim and I was planning on wearing a blue and white stripy t-shirt underneath but I can now see that is a no no.
Original post by Rakas21
Women should have 3 items to wear on her lower half..

1) Dresses

2) Skirts (not denim, the other type looks better)

3) Tight black leggings/tights

Nothing else is needed really.

Shorts are like jeans, not unattractive but always inferior options to the above.

What's the other type of skirt?
I actually thought dungarees looked cute but k...
Original post by homeland.lsw
I actually thought dungarees looked cute but k...

I agree, they do look cute in my opinion,

anyway, for the original question, there is nothing wrong with wearing them. If that's what makes you comfortable, then go for it :smile:
What's the other type of skirt?

Can't say i know the in's and out's of skirts myself (unfortunately i don't do drag) but i think pleated is what they are called or chequed.

http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0189626001.html?cm_mmc=shopping-_-en-_-ladies_skirts_shortskirts-_-0189626001002&gclid=CjwKEAjwgdS-BRDA7fT68f6s8zMSJADZwHmvQ76HCEOQaXRQGaIg3mR9bfzrydQNV5WYUDRLgGojKhoCMDPw_wcB

That type is reasonably attractive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending