The Student Room Group

I have been shortlisted for the next job can some help answer my ?

One of the pre made times were Monday afternoon however I'm not avaliable as I go college. Do you think if I get an interview they would change the time on that day or change the day. Also what would I need to wear. I'm 16 and a male
Original post by Westhamfan40
One of the pre made times were Monday afternoon however I'm not avaliable as I go college. Do you think if I get an interview they would change the time on that day or change the day. Also what would I need to wear. I'm 16 and a male

I've never been in this situation, but you should call them and ask for the interview to be delayed to account for the fact that you need to get there from college, or ask your college if you can leave early for the interview
1. By shortlisted I assume that measn you will be interviewed. best thing to do if not sure just ring and make them aware. They will almost certainly change it to a mutually convenient time. That might mean you have to make an effort though, go in the evening or before college etc. See what they say.

2. You dont say where the job is, but smart casual will be acceptable. Shirt and conservative dark colours, uop to you if you wnat to take a tie along, just depends where it is. They prefer to see youve made an effort. If a tie is too much you cna always take it off. No jeans or trainers.
they don't give the interview until they email because some people might not even get chosen but what I mean is if I do would they let me change a time for one of the days they chose for me
Original post by 999tigger
1. By shortlisted I assume that measn you will be interviewed. best thing to do if not sure just ring and make them aware. They will almost certainly change it to a mutually convenient time. That might mean you have to make an effort though, go in the evening or before college etc. See what they say.

2. You dont say where the job is, but smart casual will be acceptable. Shirt and conservative dark colours, uop to you if you wnat to take a tie along, just depends where it is. They prefer to see youve made an effort. If a tie is too much you cna always take it off. No jeans or trainers.

So you recommend calling them now and asking them if they could change the time
So you recommend calling them now and asking them if they could change the time

You arent being entirely clear. Do you know 100% that you cant make the time or is it just one of the potential dates you cnat make?

Presumably theres a good chance you will get a good interview as shortlisted usualy means shortlisted for interview. Just make them aware that there intended interview window clashes with you having to attend college and if it would be possible to arrange a different time that was mutually convenient. Know what those times are so they have soemthing to work with.
You arent being entirely clear. Do you know 100% that you cant make the time or is it just one of the potential dates you cnat make?

Presumably theres a good chance you will get a good interview as shortlisted usualy means shortlisted for interview. Just make them aware that there intended interview window clashes with you having to attend college and if it would be possible to arrange a different time that was mutually convenient. Know what those times are so they have soemthing to work with.

Basically it's 10 hours a week and one for the days is Monday which is 1145 between 2 45 however I don't get out of college till 4 30 on that day so I was wondering if they would consider changing the day for me to work on if I do get the job
Basically it's 10 hours a week and one for the days is Monday which is 1145 between 2 45 however I don't get out of college till 4 30 on that day so I was wondering if they would consider changing the day for me to work on if I do get the job

Now you are saying something different. Did you know the hours before you applied? If its a large organisation then they should have the flexibility to accommodate you. If they want just one person then they might need those specific hours and no others. It's up to you whether you want to raise it now or wait till the interview.
Now you are saying something different. Did you know the hours before you applied? If its a large organisation then they should have the flexibility to accommodate you. If they want just one person then they might need those specific hours and no others. It's up to you whether you want to raise it now or wait till the interview.

It said I would need to have a academic referee (2 of them ) I don't even know what one is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending