The Student Room Group

How can I get two academic or professional referees (I'm 16)

I have been shortlisted for next job but I don't know how I can get 2 academic referees or professional it's a part time job
Original post by Westhamfan40
I have been shortlisted for next job but I don't know how I can get 2 academic referees or professional it's a part time job

Ask your teachers for a reference
Original post by Ze Witcher
Ask your teachers for a reference

I've left school about 3 4 months ago now in college but I don't my teachers well here. Are you not allowed to have your family members who work give you a reference
I've left school about 3 4 months ago now in college but I don't my teachers well here. Are you not allowed to have your family members who work give you a reference

I don't think you'd be able to get references from family but you could your employer.

Could you go back to your old school to ask some teachers for a reference? Or could you email them? :redface:
Original post by karmacrunch
I don't think you'd be able to get references from family but you could your employer.

Could you go back to your old school to ask some teachers for a reference? Or could you email them? :redface:

I think it would be strange for me to just go back and ask I'm probaly just gonna ask my current college teachers and also this is my first job I've only just left school I'm just doing this as a part time
(edited 7 years ago)
Definitely ask your school you was from 11-16

Posted from TSR Mobile
So i would just call up the school
Original post by TeddyBear86
Definitely ask your school you was from 11-16

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do I just call them
Just call/email the school and ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Give them plenty of notice though. They are busy and will probably need a few days to do it for you. I doubt anyone is going to write you one there and then on the spot. People don't write references for people like that.
Original post by markova21
Give them plenty of notice though. They are busy and will probably need a few days to do it for you. I doubt anyone is going to write you one there and then on the spot. People don't write references for people like that.

They only need the contact details do you think a private tutor would be fine as I used to have one
They only need the contact details do you think a private tutor would be fine as I used to have one

Yes, i'm sure that would be OK.
I agree.
Use your old form tutor or head of year or someone.
Is there anyone from any clubs/societies you attend that could give you a regerence?
You wouldnt be able to use a family member though im afraid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending