The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

seriously rooney should not be in the team holding a position which pogba can play and another DM can play along side Fellani

Rooney is too selfish. He wants to hold on to the England Captaincy and Man Utd Captaincy for his selfish reasons.

He needs to accept he is not good enough
only one of these two players should play a time Zlatan or Rooney
Original post by Manchester United
Should've signed Mane... Mkhi and Depay are dud's ffs

@lucio
@luke

Nah, all three are good players but your team is so good that the latter pair don't get enough time.

Mané is quality for us but we're a highly counter attacking side so perhaps he wouldn't be as valuable to you.
Original post by Lúcio
Nah, all three are good players but your team is so good that the latter pair don't get enough time.

Mané is quality for us but we're a highly counter attacking side so perhaps he wouldn't be as valuable to you.

Totally agree, but different types of player. Memphis will be quality when he gets time (at United or elsewhere) Mkhi oozes quality but is more of a Mata upgrade.

Mane has impressed me, didn't expect him to start so well, obviously all about how consistent he can be. Suits a Klopp side.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mhsc
Getting dicked in the 1st half and then improving in the second was basically consistent throughout Mou's 2nd reign at Chelsea tbh. Get used to that.

Pogba confirmed eclipsing Torres as worst transfer in history.

He's had literally one bad game, which is when the system didn't fit him.
I hope Depay is given a run in the team, remember he's still young and the perfect blueprint is David De Gea in that they were both crap at the beginning. He clearly has natural talent and with the right mindset/coaching he can be a great player especially if he can adapt to playing RW so we could play:

Martial - Rashford (or Ibra) - Depay
Pogba-Schneiderlin-Herrera
Shaw Bailey Smalling Valencia
DDG

With Micky and Mata coming into the team depending on form and schedule.
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
I hope Depay is given a run in the team, remember he's still young and the perfect blueprint is David De Gea in that they were both crap at the beginning. He clearly has natural talent and with the right mindset/coaching he can be a great player especially if he can adapt to playing RW so we could play:

Martial - Rashford (or Ibra) - Depay
Pogba-Schneiderlin-Herrera
Shaw Bailey Smalling Valencia
DDG

With Micky and Mata coming into the team depending on form and schedule.

Herrera is bang average, a complete panic buy. He simply doesn't have the ability to be a regular. Although I think he's the type of player that would be happy to sit on the bench, so he's definitely worth keeping... plus it keeps Dave happy.

Whereas Depay is just lazy and unintelligent. He has talent, but no idea what to do with it. Perhaps a certain manager could unlock it, but I don't think Mou is that type. Same with Januzaj by the looks of it.
Reply 2926
Original post by mhsc
Getting dicked in the 1st half and then improving in the second was basically consistent throughout Mou's 2nd reign at Chelsea tbh. Get used to that.

Pogba confirmed eclipsing Torres as worst transfer in history.

Yeah pretty much. Also City dominated United and United resorted to crossing the ball high and playing pretty crap route 1 tactics.

Mourinho already started blaming everybody but himself too. Is he going to fire his coach for not picking fights with people.
Reply 2927
Said it before, will say it again: Pogba is a highlights player, has never dominated a big game.

Yeah pretty much. Still got immense quality and Mourinho's using him wrong.
anyone else miss this little guy.
Original post by SCIENCE :D

The perfect goal poacher tbh; used to hate him so much.
Original post by Lúcio
The perfect goal poacher tbh; used to hate him so much.

Hmm yeah, I miss him. I think one of the reasons why the club is in the position it is in now is because of how we got rid of so many core players in the space of about 18 months: Evra, Vidic, Chicharito, Welbeck, etc.. and then obviously because of retirements and stuff. Players which loved the club. :frown: :frown:

I'm aware you are a Liverpool fan btw, go easy on me I'm feeling a little fragile today.
Reply 2931
In all honesty don't see what Mourinho's complaining about. He just got beat again, Rooney did enough offences in the match to get a red card anyway. Tried to attack the opposition manager and repeatedly fouled people. Yeah Bravo should have been sent off but so should Rooney in that sense. You resorted to playing long ball because you have pretty **** methods of attacking (like Chelsea under Mourinho) and Guardiola went defensive and tried to hit on counters later on in the game which was the whole point of the Fernando and Sane subs.

I still think Mourinho actually got a team of giants because it's another method of attacking just as much(if not more so) as sorting the defensive set piece issues of last season. Personally he struggled with aerial threats in open play at Chelsea so was forced to play the ball on the ground. Which led to us basically using a pass to Hazard tactic.

I won't be surprised if you end up the same against Liverpool who are just as intense as City and Chelsea, who have a more balanced midfield and actually start their players based on form.

You'll spank Arsenal home and away though, I am really not convinced by them, they seem to just do enough. Liverpool if they actually were more consistent would title challenge personally and Arsenal would be out of top 4.

Also why is Lingard at the club?

Herrera is bang average, a complete panic buy. He simply doesn't have the ability to be a regular. Although I think he's the type of player that would be happy to sit on the bench, so he's definitely worth keeping... plus it keeps Dave happy. Whereas Depay is just lazy and unintelligent. He has talent, but no idea what to do with it. Perhaps a certain manager could unlock it, but I don't think Mou is that type. Same with Januzaj by the looks of it.

I don't think Herrera is bang average, he's good to put in the team for a run of games without you losing and can be a match winner every now and again but he's not really the type of guy you want to be starting against the real teams in europe.
(edited 7 years ago)
Mourinho blaming specific players in public already: Lingard, Mkhitaryan and Bailly. Will be funny how this pans out when you have a bad run of results.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
In all honesty don't see what Mourinho's complaining about. He just got beat again, Rooney did enough offences in the match to get a red card anyway. Tried to attack the opposition manager and repeatedly fouled people. Yeah Bravo should have been sent off but so should Rooney in that sense. You resorted to playing long ball because you have pretty **** methods of attacking (like Chelsea under Mourinho) and Guardiola went defensive and tried to hit on counters later on in the game which was the whole point of the Fernando and Sane subs.

I still think Mourinho actually got a team of giants because it's another method of attacking just as much(if not more so) as sorting the defensive set piece issues of last season. Personally he struggled with aerial threats in open play at Chelsea so was forced to play the ball on the ground. Which led to us basically using a pass to Hazard tactic.

I won't be surprised if you end up the same against Liverpool who are just as intense as City and Chelsea, who have a more balanced midfield and actually start their players based on form.

You'll spank Arsenal home and away though, I am really not convinced by them, they seem to just do enough. Liverpool if they actually were more consistent would title challenge personally and Arsenal would be out of top 4.

Also why is Lingard at the club?

I don't think Herrera is bang average, he's good to put in the team for a run of games without you losing and can be a match winner every now and again but he's not really the type of guy you want to be starting against the real teams in europe.

Hence why they cannot drop Fellatio. They're still using the same old Moyesey tactics.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Yeah pretty much. Also City dominated United and United resorted to crossing the ball high and playing pretty crap route 1 tactics.

Mourinho already started blaming everybody but himself too. Is he going to fire his coach for not picking fights with people.

He literally said the bad first half was his responsibility, get your salt out of here
Original post by difeo
He literally said the bad first half was his responsibility, get your salt out of here

He also said that there were two "bad" mistakes by the referee- one of which was the ball hitting Otamendi on his elbow with his back turned. It's clear to see José is gonna revert back to that ******** he spouted at Chelsea the minute he loses a big game. Think you'll finish 3rd personally.
Reply 2936
Original post by difeo

After blaming players and saying they let him down. It's a pretty underhanded way of absolving blame by saying the players let him down and he made a mistake in trusting them.

"I think in the first half they were much better than us. We started the game bad, with some players really below the normal level, in terms of concentration, mental availability to play a game of this speed."You need to be sharp, the way you think and play, we had a few players below the level, and the team paid for it."

"I thought because of the characteristics of the game that we could hurt them with some individuals with some qualities, they didn't give me what I want. It's their fault? It's my fault? It's my fault, because I'm the manager and it's always my fault because it's my choice.

Yeah so basically he said Lingard and Mkhitaryan were crap so he took them off. The first thing he says isn't that it's his fault for bringing them into a game of this magnitude despite them not playing a lot of football, the first thing he says is that they came in for a reason and they didn't provide him that.

Then next thing he decides to do is complain about the refs ffs. He weren't even asked that question and he pops that up so that people talk about that.

If anybody is salty, it's Mourinho for now losing 8 games vs Pep, who in all honesty is a fantastic manager.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2937
Also with Mkhitaryan, it took him time to get settled at Dortmund, his first season was average, his second season was pretty crap and people wanted him sold and his third season he went pretty hard which was what got you lot to buy him.
Can someone please explain to me why it seems like every opposition supporter (especially Chelsea and Arsenal) was so desperate for United to lose yesterday?
Original post by SCIENCE :D

Yes, but I miss the guy in the background more. Favourite United player ever.

Latest