The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by torres657
so, if we applied before you (i.e. in August) and still didn't get video interview, does that mean we are in rejection pile?

Simple answer, no
Original post by paulpierce94
does someone know why the applications for bank of america merrill lynch are still closed?

Cause they haven't started hiring yet?! lol
Original post by Flourish RY
no, applying to ibd

some M&A deals out there that have corporate brokers on the deal, was just curious as to what they actually do to command a fee

ah ok, cool.

What you said in your previous answer is basically it. It's mainly a UK phenomenon and they work with clients to explain why their share price is at a certain level, how the market may affect and how potential deals could effect them. Their basically the relationship managers on the IBD side
Original post by dasu95
Anyone know if DB ask for logical for Markets?

Posted from TSR Mobile

applied for grad role and they didn't. Only numerical and verbal I think? been a while..
Original post by masterllecker
applied for grad role and they didn't. Only numerical and verbal I think? been a while..

I recently applied for a grad role and it was only numerical - i applied for corp finance if that makes any difference.
Reply 1865
Which banks are just CV & Cover Letter for application process pre-tests etc.
Original post by AenigmaFx
Is it the role of a campus ambassador? If so, it wont be a very demanding part time role.

Excuse the belated response! No, it's quite a unique scenario so it would be an analyst doing their modelling work :smile:
Original post by TheParham
Cause they haven't started hiring yet?! lol

or they are too confident that they will not lose best candidates to other banks, haha
does someone know why the applications for bank of america merrill lynch are still closed?

HR have taken an extended holiday this summer :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by juventus100
would defo still apply if I was you...doubt they would force you to join feb when u still have uni and if your good enough they will defo want you.

Cheers mate. I think they ask for a cover letter so I'll mention it there about only being able to do September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any idea about pass rate for Nomura Logical? Do you get straight rejection if you don't pass?
Original post by ESTATEREAL
Excuse the belated response! No, it's quite a unique scenario so it would be an analyst doing their modelling work :smile:

Ahh okay, thats pretty damn cool if i say so myself. Yeah I have no idea how demanding that will be, but yeah, best of luck!
IS there any possible rejection btw the SJT and inductive tests for HSBC? Or, do you have to do both even if you failed the SJT? Thks
Not getting that Barclays video invite either..Were my answers those of a self-entitled prick or is it simply sunday and HR is out on a bbq doing ket?
What about Citi's numerical test? I applied last tuesday but haven't received anything yet
Original post by masterllecker
Not getting that Barclays video invite either..Were my answers those of a self-entitled prick or is it simply sunday and HR is out on a bbq doing ket?

What did you apply for out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What about Citi's numerical test? I applied last tuesday but haven't received anything yet

you have to wait, they will screen your application before sending out numerical test
Sorry to repeat posts, but does anyone know if DB has a logical after numerical for Global Markets?

Posted from TSR Mobile

division/programme?
Original post by Flourish RY
division/programme?

Markets (summer internship in London)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending