The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
I am exactly the same! I'm pissed off with my A in music, for the exact same reasons

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HurtfulHarold
I got set homework in most of my classes on my first day, it was so exhausting. Yeah, the teachers are nice and all but they definitely go a lot faster than my old school, which isn't helpful as the content is more challenging. I think I'll get used to it in about a week or so.

I started back Wednesday and got set homework I've being set homework all this week at least 4 pieces a day. It's alevels some take to them quickly some don't it takes time. Theres a lot of negativity on this thread because people are giving lessons/schools time, speak to your teachers having a good relationship with them is crucial tell them there going a lil too fast. Go home go over your notes or in your frees speak to classmates and go over the work
Original post by Gingerbread101
It's pretty amazing :tongue: how are you finding the workload?

I'll be going to Durham on 2nd October :eek2:

So far it's been okay. I decided to make sure I finish everything this weekend so I don't fall behind next week so I'm feeling good. :tongue: I thought maths would be the most chilled lesson but it's actually chemistry at the moment. I'm pretty sure that will change soon. :lol:

That makes me so proud. Well done, you really deserve it! :biggrin: Are you still going to study law?

Original post by Mr...
I have at least 3 lessons every day, to be honest my timetable is pretty good. I have a double free first thing Monday morning :ahee:

Same, I didn't expect so much work in the first week :lolwut:

Thanks, I'll try to do that :lol:

Thanks, I work in Topshop now:biggrin:

Most of my frees are last period, which is a gift/curse. :tongue: What if you've done all you're homework over the weekend? :mmm:

Ikr!! I didn't think I had been given that much but this weekend I wrote out everything and wow... :K: Do you get homework in every lesson too?

I'm feeling a little jealous. Discounts!! :tongue: When do you start?
Original post by karmacrunch
So far it's been okay. I decided to make sure I finish everything this weekend so I don't fall behind next week so I'm feeling good. :tongue: I thought maths would be the most chilled lesson but it's actually chemistry at the moment. I'm pretty sure that will change soon. :lol:

That makes me so proud. Well done, you really deserve it! :biggrin: Are you still going to study law?

Most of my frees are last period, which is a gift/curse. :tongue: What if you've done all you're homework over the weekend? :mmm:

Ikr!! I didn't think I had been given that much but this weekend I wrote out everything and wow... :K: Do you get homework in every lesson too?

I'm feeling a little jealous. Discounts!! :tongue: When do you start?

Good plan, hopefully you keep it up :wink: Maths is very chill at the start (doing C1?), but it kicks off a bit with C2 :smile:

Thanks! :jumphug: yep I will be :smile:
Original post by hamza772000
It's a different specification, apparently it's harder :frown:

oh, Daaaaamn.

Well good luck with the MEI course then.

Looks like our year have it slightly easier. :^)
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
oh, Daaaaamn.

Well good luck with the MEI course then.

Looks like our year have it slightly easier. :^)
Thanks, you too :h:

Yh, lucky you :tongue: :smile:
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake

i think ocr mei was made by satan tbh
ocr is generally a hard exam board anyway :frown:

"made by satan" dis edginess. I love it.

OCR is one b*tch of an exam board, yes. I did computing under that board for GCSE, and dear God was it a pain.

I'm doing THREE subjects with the OCR board though, so I gotta get used to them.

cri
Original post by carpetguy
This is very true. Now I can mess around with being told off!

yeah, have fun with that. ;p
Original post by Kxjzh
I am exactly the same! I'm pissed off with my A in music, for the exact same reasons

Posted from TSR Mobile

p-please don't hate yourself over an A, buddy

seriously

an A is good

please

it's good

I promise
Usually the day before going back, the day goes so fast, but going back to college is going slow. It might be because going back to school made me scared but I'm excited for college
Reply 730
p-please don't hate yourself over an A, buddy

seriously

an A is good

please

it's good

I promise

I know don't worry. I could only dream of getting an A being my main problem! I hate myself for my results in general, not the A!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm finally dedicating my night to making a study planner on here! Very helpful :h:
Original post by Kxjzh
I know don't worry. I could only dream of getting an A being my main problem! I hate myself for my results in general, not the A!

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh..........
I can relate..........

.....all those C's and B's on that one piece of paper......they hurt......

I feel your pain, my friend. I feel it.
Day off tomorrow for eid :bban:🤗
oh..........
I can relate..........

.....all those C's and B's on that one piece of paper......they hurt......

I feel your pain, my friend. I feel it.

It hurt me just seeing girls around me screaming "Ooooh I got A*s!"
Original post by Mr...
Your timetable seems alright, tbh I haven't really seen anyone with a "bad" timetable.

Then I eat/hang out/sleep in the common room :tongue:

Yep :colonhash: I got two English essays, one for French and Economics then a worksheet for history.

:lol: It's great, especially considering Topshop is quite expensive :tongue:
I start in two weeks because I told them I want to settle into a routine and that I'm not overwhelmed with with work and school and other stuff:yep:

I love my timetable except the triple free on a Friday
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
It hurt me just seeing girls around me screaming "Ooooh I got A*s!"

well.............you know what you have to do, right?

you gotta show 'em

these GCSE gals

they got nothing on your A Level skills

get those A*'s and rein your superiority on them

...................i believe in you

............................do it
Original post by ForeverFrench
I love my timetable except the triple free on a Friday

you don't like frees?

free stands for freedom. of lessons. of learning.

a beautiful thing.
you don't like frees?

free stands for freedom. of lessons. of learning.

a beautiful thing.

I like My frees just a triple free drags. I do my work in my frees
Original post by ForeverFrench
I like My frees just a triple free drags. I do my work in my frees

clever.

verryyy clever.

doing work in frees must mean you have more time at home.

I approve of your methods

now I understand why you may dislikes frees

Latest