The Student Room Group

My crush has a girlfriend, kill me

Scroll to see replies

Well just say to her, "I know you're in a relationship and I respect that and i'm happy for you. But I really wanted you to know how I feel about you, should anything in future happen. But i'm happy for you that you're happy, because I really care for you". Something along those lines. IF she splits up with her present GF and the OP hasn't made her feelings known ,chances are she could miss out again.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by markova21
Well just say to her, "I know you're in a relationship and I respect that and i'm happy for you. But I really wanted you to know how I feel about you, should anything in future happen. But i'm happy for you that you're happy, because I really care for you". Something along those lines. IF she splits up with her present GF and the OP hasn't made her feelings known ,chances are she could miss out again.

That sounds good but it depends how the girl feels about op as it could make things awkward if she wants to stay friends and if the girl is serious about her gf.
Original post by chikane
No dont tell her you like her she's with someone else she will feel uncomfortable what you need to do is get close to her be a friend be there for her and make her feel special and she will probably like you back and seeing as she is not seeingher gf much you will fill that void her gf can't do.
Dont tell her yet you like her. Does she like you back?

I will try to do this, I'm not very confident in that kind of thing but I'll try. She doesn't even know that I'm gay yet so I doubt she likes me back

Ye I'd hate it if they broke up and I missed out again. It's just that i'll be seeing her a lot after at parties bc we have mutual friends so I don't want to make things awkward
Original post by chikane
That sounds good but it depends how the girl feels about op as it could make things awkward if she wants to stay friends and if the girl is serious about her gf.

Well if that's the case then OP will know exactly where she stands and will know that this girl will never be interested in her,regardless of whether the girls she cares for is in a relationship or not. Then she will be able to move on as she will know there would never have been any hope of them getting together in any circumstances.
Original post by chikane

This is what I'm scared of, what about if I got a friend to just casually mention that I'm gay and said I was into her a couple of months ago? That way she knows but it doesn't seem like I'm trying to break up her relationship?
Well if that's the case then OP will know exactly where she stands and will know that this girl will never be interested in her,regardless of whether the girls she cares for is in a relationship or not. Then she will be able to move on as she will know there would never have been any hope of them getting together in any circumstances.

The thing is op said the girl does not know she likes women and she dont know if the feeling is mutual but there is a chance it could be. I would try and be friendly observe her behaviour and see if there is a vibe. I would even talk more about her gf and see how she feels about her before making a move. If she isnt happy she will lean on op and like being around her which is why i wouldnt make a move just yet as its to soon.

Original post by Anonymous
This is what I'm scared of, what about if I got a friend to just casually mention that I'm gay and said I was into her a couple of months ago? That way she knows but it doesn't seem like I'm trying to break up her relationship?

I'm not sure sorry i dont want to say the wrong thing but how bout asking your friend to ask the girl what the girl thinks of you and whether your are cute etc.
Original post by chikane
The thing is op said the girl does not know she likes women and she dont know if the feeling is mutual but there is a chance it could be. I would try and be friendly observe her behaviour and see if there is a vibe. I would even talk more about her gf and see how she feels about her before making a move. If she isnt happy she will lean on op and like being around her which is why i wouldnt make a move just yet as its to soon.

I'm not sure sorry i dont want to say the wrong thing but how bout asking your friend to ask the girl what the girl thinks of you and whether your are cute etc.

I could try that thankyou, this girl is just quite reserved about romantic kind of things so I don't know if she would tell the friend anything
I'm also a girl,and yes a lesbian,should have made that clear.

Does she know you are lesbian?
Have you come out to your family?

Buy her some drinks and make a move - it's fine....
I've been really into a girl for a couple of years and had finally decided that I was going to ask her out tomorrow. I was so excited about this and planned it in my head for ages. I found out today that she met someone and they're now dating and I'm devestated.

How do I get over this? I really really like her, I want her to be my girlfriend so badly

Right would you like a slow but painful death or quick and painless death? :mwuaha:
Original post by Grimm Reaper
Right would you like a slow but painful death or quick and painless death? :mwuaha:

What do you mean?
What do you mean?

I can either torture you and nice slow until your dead or chop your head off and give you a quick death :colone:
Original post by Grimm Reaper
I can either torture you and nice slow until your dead or chop your head off and give you a quick death :colone:

Aah I see, I'd go for quick
Reply 53
I know it would be bad of me to hope this so I'll just try to forget about her. Thanks for your advice, do you think I should just avoid her at the party?

Tbh yeah. Don't make it obvious, but talking to her will only rip those wounds open further. Cut her off a little until you feel better :h:
Original post by Foo.mp3
LGBT relations among young people are generally short lived so, take some statistical solace and be ready to catch her fall :h:

That doesn't give me much comfort for if we were to date
i have this same problem but with a guy not a girl i know how you feel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending