The Student Room Group

Predicted 3 As, requirements are A*AA

Should I apply to these units? I want to study Chemical Engineering at places such as UCL, Bath etc. Is it possible to get an offer with these predictions?

Thanks in advance
Original post by BluntBluster
Should I apply to these units? I want to study Chemical Engineering at places such as UCL, Bath etc. Is it possible to get an offer with these predictions?

Thanks in advance

To be honest, i would try and get an a* prediction in one of your A levels, try and push your teacher to give you one. :biggrin:
Original post by Hayley Williams
To be honest, i would try and get an a* prediction in one of your A levels, try and push your teacher to give you one. :biggrin:

It's not that easy unfortunately...
I think with bath you can get in with 3 A's at A2 if you have got an A in an EPQ. Have you done one of these?

Thanks in advance

UCL's requirement is A*AA-AAA, so it seems you're okay there. Bath's is A*AA, so avoid Bath, otherwise you'll likely get an instant rejection for not meeting the minimum requirements. What are your A Level subjects? If you're offering 3 science/maths A Levels, I think you would get an AAA offer - since for Chemistry at UCL, those with 3 sciences/maths get AAB, but those with two get AAA, so that's how it might work.
It's not that easy unfortunately...

In my sixth form, it was literally that easy. However, if you have done well on mock exams and work through out the year and you actually have a reason to forwards to your teacher then do it. It can't hurt to ask.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
UCL's requirement is A*AA-AAA, so it seems you're okay there. Bath's is A*AA, so avoid Bath, otherwise you'll likely get an instant rejection for not meeting the minimum requirements. What are your A Level subjects? If you're offering 3 science/maths A Levels, I think you would get an AAA offer - since for Chemistry at UCL, those with 3 sciences/maths get AAB, but those with two get AAA, so that's how it might work.

I did maths, biology, chemistry and physics for biology. Achieved 4 As, but i'm not sure as to whether I need exact predictions matching with the requirements.
I did maths, biology, chemistry and physics for biology. Achieved 4 As, but i'm not sure as to whether I need exact predictions matching with the requirements.

Yes, you need to fulfil the minimum requirements with your predicted grades. UCL is fine, you likely get an AAA offer, but Bath isn't, as your predicted grades don't meet the standard offer.

Quick Reply