The Student Room Group

Starting sixth form tomorrow!

So tomorrow marks the day I start sixth form and I was just after a bit of advice really. Any tips or anything that you think may help! I'm doing 4 a levels which are English Literature, History, Psychology and Sociology. Does anyone have any pointers on what to expect or anything like that :smile: Feel free to join in if you're starting sixth form/college too!
Reply 1
Hey, sorry im late to this! Im starting sixth form tomorrow and really nervous. May i ask but how is English literature?? What exactly do you do in it as im taking it as a lesson and im nervous about if its right for me :smile:
I'm really enjoying English literature at the minute!, we're doing love through the ages which is Othello and then love poetry. It involves a lot of note taking but it's really interesting :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by beth_louise99
I'm really enjoying English literature at the minute!, we're doing love through the ages which is Othello and then love poetry. It involves a lot of note taking but it's really interesting :smile:

Oh glad your enjoying it :smile:! Is there much speaking out loud in the lesson? Just so i know if i have to talk haha :smile:
Can't advise you on your subjects, but I have two granddaughters also starting 6th form tomorrow too.
Best of luck. x
Original post by Pedrex
Oh glad your enjoying it :smile:! Is there much speaking out loud in the lesson? Just so i know if i have to talk haha :smile:

No not really, you might just get picked on to answer a question every now and then 😊
Reply 6
Be open, speak to people and introduce yourself
Start taking notes in class, try to get a headstart than a late beginning
Have fun
Reply 7
Original post by Seamus123
Can't advise you on your subjects, but I have two granddaughters also starting 6th form tomorrow too.
Best of luck. x

Hey grandpa:mmm:
Original post by hateme
Hey grandpa:mmm:

Grandma, actually. X
Reply 9
Original post by Seamus123
Grandma, actually. X

Looks at username *inception* :lolwut:

Hey grandma:colondollar:
Reply 10
Original post by beth_louise99
No not really, you might just get picked on to answer a question every now and then 😊

Ok thankyou! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending