The Student Room Group

do i need an level in law for a degree

hi, i was wondering if i needed an A-level in law to study it at a top uni, I'm predicted As and have taken
sociology
history
and english lit
do i need law, and are these A-levels good enough?
They prefer you not to do A level law and at least in terms of admissions it gives no advantage. Your A level choices are fine.
Original post by Will.A2017
hi, i was wondering if i needed an A-level in law to study it at a top uni, I'm predicted As and have taken
sociology
history
and english lit
do i need law, and are these A-levels good enough?

No I'm applying for Law and i only took 3 A levels (History, English and Politics)
I wouldn't do sociology as its a bit wishy washy but don't do law it's not essential .
Reply 3
Original post by Mancitygirlx
No I'm applying for Law and i only took 3 A levels (History, English and Politics)
I wouldn't do sociology as its a bit wishy washy but don't do law it's not essential .

wishy washy XD, fair enough, i picked because I'm not 100% sure i want to do law i may also want to be a teacher, plus i though ti would be good because criminology?
Reply 4
Original post by Mancitygirlx

and what else would you recommend?
Reply 5
Your subjects are absolutely fine. The only way to make them any stronger would be to swap Sociology for Maths but it really isn't necessary unless you were thinking of Maths anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest