The Student Room Group

How does this count as disrespecting a woman?

So this night, a friend of mine, let's call him Em, invited me to a night out at a bar, which was organised by his co-worker, we'll call her Al. I saw this as an opportunity to get laid or get a date, as I don't have a big social group(Just me and Em) and I don't do too many social activites, especially ones involving both men and women.

When me and Em went to the bar, Al introduced me to her friends they were a group of 5 to 6 girls, including one, call her Za. I managed to talk more to Za while she was dancing with one of her friends, next to our table.
We had to go through the loud music while screaming as much as we could to understand each other. I tried to persuade her into dancing with me, she refused, I remember her saying she was from Los Angeles and she was doing some modeling, she also said that she was going to leave London the next day, thats when I thought, "we won't see each other again, she's not bringing up anything interesting into the conversation, so I might as well get straight to the point", I asked "since it's your last night, how about if you and me get to you place for some fun", she just laughed and started gossiping to her friends and stuff like that. I told Em about it and although he didn't look pissed off and I couldn't hear his response, the body language said it all, "I won't have done that, if I were you".

Even after I left her and said my goodbyes to everyone when it was time to go, to my surprise, she hugged me while telling me that I should google "how to respect women", I basically responded "I don't need to".

As we were far away from the crowd, Em sided with Za, going as far as using him saying the same thing to my sister as an analogy. He then mentioned that it could have lead to a blaming cycle, where Za could have gone of on Al and Al could have gone of on him, just for my presence and my boldness to test whether my approach would work. Because of the smile on his face, I couldn't tell whether he was serious or not.

What hurt me the most about the confrontation we had, was when he told me off for my approach style, saying "that's the reason why you're single". I've been hanging out with this guy for more than 6 years and he always kept on telling me," it's your approach, it's your approach", yet none of the stuff he got me to gave me any good results as far as getting girls is concern, so if he can't help me, why shouldn't I help myself?.

First of all, that's the first time I'd ever gone straight to the point with a girl like that, also, I've been in situations where I've invested so much time talking to a girl I just met and getting her number only to have her ignore my first message, I approached a girl whom I figured out she had a man and she wasn't ashamed to show me, meaning that she wanted to friendzone me, despite the fact that I had to text her 4 times before she sent me her 1st text. I've been advised "never tell a woman that you want sex" and at the same time I have been advised "If you won't let her know you want it, she won't give it to you". As much as I know their are girls who go to bars with no intentions of one-night stands, I hear stories about girls having sex with guys they just meet at bars, shamelessly.

Given all this, I don't see why one moment where I went straight to the point during an approach to a girl, portrays why I'm single and "disrespectful" to women.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think it might have been the fact that before you said "let's go have some fun" after she told you that it was her last night. Now, I have no problem with casual consensual sex, but you're friend's right about the wrong approach. In anybody's mind, if they told you it's their last night, and someone come up with that line, they're obviously going to think you're alluding to the fact that she is more concerned with finding that than enjoying her last night. I mean, in my opinion, sex would be the last thing on my mind. I'd be worrying about having not packed everything; making sure the taxi's booked; making sure the tickets are safely away; and saying goodbye to a wonderful city. I really hate this 'friendzone' crap. You can't 'friendzone' someone you've just met. If you're friends with them for a while, and you are in love with them and they don't reciprocate that, then fair enough call that a friendzone. You shouldn't have to text someone 4 times to get a reply. If they wanted to reply, they would have replied to the first text (excluding rare occasions). Gosh, wasn't this exactly what tinder was made for? I'm sure that's made it easier more than ever to find casual hook-ups.
Reply 2
Original post by kenni12
So this night, a friend of mine, let's call him Em, invited me to a night out at a bar, which was organised by his co-worker, we'll call her Al. I saw this as an opportunity to get laid or get a date, as I don't have a big social group(Just me and Em) and I don't do too many social activites, especially ones involving both men and women.
When me and Em went to the bar, Al introduced me to her friends they were a group of 5 to 6 girls, including one, call her Za. I managed to talk more to Za while she was dancing with one of her friends, next to our table.
We had to go through the loud music while screaming as much as we could to understand each other. I tried to persuade her into dancing with me, she refused, I remember her saying she was from Los Angeles and she was doing some modeling, she also said that she was going to leave London the next day, thats when I thought, "we won't see each other again, she not bringing up anything interesting into the conversation, so I might as well get straight to the point", I asked "since it's your last night, how about if you and me get to you place for some fun", she just laughed and started gossiping to her friends and stuff like that. I told Em about it and although he didn't look pissed off and I couldn't hear his response, the body language said it all, "I won't have done that, if I were you".
Even after I left her and said my goodbyes to everyone when it was time to go, to my surprise, she hugged me while telling me that I should google "how to respect women", I basically responded "I don't need to".
As we were far away from the crowd, Em sided with Za, going as far as using him saying the same thing to my sister as an analogy. He then mentioned that it could have lead to a blaming cycle, where Za could have gone of on Al and Al could have gone of on him, just for my presence and boldness to test whether my approach would work. Because of the smile on his face, I couldn't tell whether he was serious or not.
What hurt me the most about the confrontation we had, was when he told me off for my approach style, saying "that's the reason why you're single". I've been hanging out with this guy for more than 6 years and he always kept on telling me," it's your approach, it's your approach", yet none of the stuff he got me to gave me any good results as far as getting girl is concern, so if he can't help me, why shouldn't I help myself?.
First of all, that's the first time I'd ever gone straight to the point with a girl like that, also, I've been in situations where I've invested so much time talking to a girl I just met and getting her number only to have her ignore my first message, I approached a girl whom I figured out she had a man and she wasn't ashamed to show me, meaning that she wanted to friendzone me, despite the fact that I had to text her 4 times before she sent me her 1st text. I've been advised "never tell a woman that you want sex" and at the same time I have been advised "If you won't let her know you want it, she won't give it to you", as much as I know their are girls who go to bars with no intentions of one-night stands, I hear stories about girls having sex with guys they just at bars, shamelessly.
Given all this, I don't see why one moment where I went straight to the point during an approach to a girl, portrays why I'm single and "disrespectful" to women.

Don't listen to these feminazis trying to shame you for being confident.

The mistake you made was not trying to get a lay out of her, but going for 4th base when you hadn't even got to first base with her if you know what I mean.

You didn't do anything wrong. Don't listen to them. Just stay woke and redpill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Use paragraphs
Em needs to get a grip, getting anal about one thing you said isn't going to be helping him get laid. Al and co are just going to be seeing him as one of the gals
Reply 5
Original post by NightWriter
...wasn't this exactly what tinder was made for? I'm sure that's made it easier more than ever to find casual hook-ups.

Well I've downloaded and deleted tinder about 3 times,because all I'd get were ignored messages(i.e. messages that was sent to the girl moments before she was lasts online), spams, robot messages,etc.

In fact, as a bisexual male, I found gay online dating, like Grindr, easier than that for straight men.

Overall, I saw your point in your post.
Reply 6
Original post by StrangeBanana
Use paragraphs

I did but I guess they were not clear enough, sorrry I'll add extra space next time.
Your hypothetical pals have some really strange names...
Reply 8
Original post by WoodyMKC
Your hypothetical pals have some really strange names...

Don't you get it, I just made them up for the sake of anonmity and understanding, instead of just using he/she, him/her all the time.
Reply 9
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Em needs to get a grip, getting anal about one thing you said isn't going to be helping him get laid. Al and co are just going to be seeing him as one of the gals

That's what I'm thinking.

Although he's close to getting married, so he's "retired" from sleeping around, although he told me that he sleeped behind he's fiancee's back with a married woman in her 40s, 10 of miles away.

This is the same fiancee that during the earlier times he was getting to know her, he quickly told me to reject her facebook friend request(after I unbiasely told him about). It's almost like he was jealous of me, either that or he didn't trust me with her.
Original post by kenni12
That's what I'm thinking.

Although he's close to getting married, so he's "retired" from sleeping around, although he told me that he sleeped behind he's fiancee's back with a married woman in her 40s, 10 of miles away.

This is the same fiancee that during the earlier times he was getting to know her, he quickly told me to reject her facebook friend request(after I unbiasely told him about). It's almost like he was jealous of me, either that or he didn't trust me with her.

I would refrain from taking advice from Em, it doesn't sound like he has his relationship compass screwed the right way
There's nothing wrong with confidence, but she'd already rejected your offer to dance, my dude, why would she then want sex!? I wouldn't go as far as to say it means you're disrespectful towards women, but why go for fourth base when you were nowhere near first?
Wow. Work on your game and never use lines like that again, ever.

Who even gave you that idea

You were a victim of beta shaming - google it for more in depth information. I lack the energy to invest. I'll simply say it is
"when a beta male attempts to act as an alpha by saying something bolder and more out there"
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Robinin
There's nothing wrong with confidence, but she'd already rejected your offer to dance, my dude, why would she then want sex!? I wouldn't go as far as to say it means you're disrespectful towards women, but why go for fourth base when you were nowhere near first?

I already got that vibe after she left me hanging to be honest, I just treated that "bold move" as a lottery play, like it was just my last resort.

I was like "the worst thing she could do is not hang around me again and I'd be the same horny available guy I was before I met her, and even if she "said Yes", she'd have gotten over me quickly and I'd end up being the same horny available guy I was before I met her".

I stopped seeing her as "relationship potential" after she didn't want to dance, I was like "I won't want a long time girlfriend that'd treat me like that anyway, so I might as while just go for her body"
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kenni12
Don't you get it, I just made them up for the sake of anonmity and understanding, instead of just using he/she, him/her all the time.

Yes, hence me using the word "hypothetical". Just pointing out your incredibly strange choice of names.
TL;DR pls
Original post by kenni12
I already got that vibe after she left me hanging to be honest, I just treated that "bold move" as a lottery play, like it was just my last resort.

I was like "the worst thing she could do is not hang around me again and I'd be the same horny available guy I was before I met her, and even if she "said Yes", she'd have gotten over me quickly and I'd end up being the same horny available guy I was before I met her".

I stopped seeing her as "relationship potential" after she didn't want to dance, I was like "I won't want a long time girlfriend that'd treat me like that anyway, so I might as while just go for her body"

But if she didn't want to dance with you, what on earth made you think she'd want to have sex with you, regardless of "relationship potential" or not?! You've basically just ignored her already expressed preference and propositioned her with something she's really, REALLY unlikely to want to accept. That's what's disrespectful.

The bold approach might work for some guys, occasionally. But it needs to be the right guy, the right girl, and the right situation (with, let's face it a shedload of booze) or it's just going to come across as creepy.
Reply 17
Original post by Helenia
But if she didn't want to dance with you, what on earth made you think she'd want to have sex with you, regardless of "relationship potential" or not?! You've basically just ignored her already expressed preference and propositioned her with something she's really, REALLY unlikely to want to accept. That's what's disrespectful.

The bold approach might work for some guys, occasionally. But it needs to be the right guy, the right girl, and the right situation (with, let's face it a shedload of booze) or it's just going to come across as creepy.

I just assumed she was just "shy", I remember her saying I wanna go out for a smoke when she did it, because it's not like she said "I don't wanna dance with you!!" with a straight up frown, she was just laughing while counteracting my advances.

I could have gone for her friends afterwards, but I had a feeling that she transfered her negative impression of me to them and they'd be quick to believe her without giving me a chance. As for other options, most of the girls in that bar had a man with them, so that didn't help, because it'd leave me sitting down with nothing else to do there.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kenni12
I just assumed she was just "shy", I remember her saying I wanna go out for a smoke when she did it, because it's not like she said "I don't wanna dance with you!!" with a straight up frown, she was just laughing while counteracting my advances.

I could have gone for her friends afterwards, but I had a feeling that she transfered her negative impression of me to them and they'd be quick to believe her without giving me a chance. As for other options, most of the girls in that bar had a man with them, so that didn't help, because it'd leave me sitting down with nothing else to do there.

And if she was "just shy" still why would she respond any more positively to an invitation to sex than to a dance?

The majority of women are not going to agree to have sex with you just because you ask. And some (many?) will get offended at the asking. These are pretty basic facts.
Original post by kenni12

Well, that last part was pretty rude, she is a person.

Regardless, I cannot for the life of me figure out your thought process! You'd only really just met her and you were already considering her relationship material, and you were upset that she didn't want to dance!!? Do you even know anything about her?

The thing is, at the risk of sounding condescending, real life is not a dating site, not everyone is dtf at any given moment, especially if you've just met. Now, I still don't think you're disrespectful towards women, you just come across as either inexperienced, unable to learn from your mistakes, or unable to understand humans.

In the end, I am just trying to help you, so I'm going to share a good rule of thumb with you: if they're not interested in your flirting, drop it, and hope that you stick to it in the future so that you don't embarrass yourself again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending