The Student Room Group

AS Maths Resit! Please Help!

I was told that I can only apply for the Edexcel AS Maths resits for C1, C2 and S1 in January and the resits will be happening in June/July 2017. Is this information correct? I'm very confused....
Reply 1
Original post by DatComicalManiac
I was told that I can only apply for the Edexcel AS Maths resits for C1, C2 and S1 in January and the resits will be happening in June/July 2017. Is this information correct? I'm very confused....

well yeah, all exams happen in the summer
Reply 2

I am told that there is one last round of maths resits (that's for edexcel) so that seems correct yes.
Original post by imran_
well yeah, all exams happen in the summer

That's the exams for Year 12's. I'm confused because normally the resits are in January, but all of a sudden its been moved to June? and also I was told i wouldn't be going to lessons, I'd have to do independent study for the resists.
Original post by L33t
I am told that there is one last round of maths resits (that's for edexcel) so that seems correct yes.

Were you also told that it would be in June/July? Cos previously all of the resits were in January
Reply 5
That's the exams for Year 12's. I'm confused because normally the resits are in January, but all of a sudden its been moved to June? and also I was told i wouldn't be going to lessons, I'd have to do independent study for the resists.

yeah I resat AS maths and I did it in the summer too. January exams were removed in june 14 series.
Original post by imran_
yeah I resat AS maths and I did it in the summer too. January exams were removed in june 14 series.

Thanks man. Also, did you go to lessons or did you have to do independent study? Also did you apply for the resits in January?
Reply 7
Thanks man. Also, did you go to lessons or did you have to do independent study? Also did you apply for the resits in January?

I studied AS maths by myself. THERE ARE NO SUCH THINGS AS JAN EXAMS THEY HAVE BEEN SCRAPPED. ONLY JUNE NOW
Original post by imran_
I studied AS maths by myself. THERE ARE NO SUCH THINGS AS JAN EXAMS THEY HAVE BEEN SCRAPPED. ONLY JUNE NOW

Yeh i understand that xD. what i meant was when you applied for the resits, did you apply in January? Did you fill out the resit application paper in January?
Reply 9
Yeh i understand that xD. what i meant was when you applied for the resits, did you apply in January? Did you fill out the resit application paper in January?

Ohh, I cant remember my sixth form entered me in
Reply 10
Were you also told that it would be in June/July? Cos previously all of the resits were in January

Not sure, all I know is there is another opportunity. It is my understanding that January exams are only for international A-Levels though so my guess is it will be June but don't quote me on that though, someone else on here will know though i'm sure :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest