The Student Room Group

18 and 32 weeks pregnant. AMA..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Are you a doctor or midwife? Because my midwife specifically told me that.

i don't have to be a midwife or a doctor to know basic science. One word: pre-ejaculate
Sorry if this was already asked but how did your family react? I wish you all the best. Btw random but I'm of Caribbean descent as well.
Original post by Rhaenys10
i don't have to be a midwife or a doctor to know basic science. One word: pre-ejaculate

I'm sure that a midwife knows more about this than you do & there's a lot of conflicting information about pre ejaculate
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
just can't get my head round the passive attitude. It's like this baby has happened TO you. You must have had ambitions? Not saying you can't still fulfill those but I'm sure anyone would agree it's immensely harder once you've got a kid in tow. If you're anti abortion surely that would be even more reason to actually use contraception?! The mind baffles.*

I don't mean to have an attitude with you but I think its obvious why I didn't have an abortion? It's insensitive to ask me that when I'm so late in my pregnancy.
Yes I know all of that, so many people have told me it's harder to fulfil my dreams and I've already taken all of that into consideration, I still wanted to have my baby. I don't know if I'll struggle to have a child in the future, or if something terrible happens that prevents me from having one later on. I thought about a lot of things before making my final decision. As stupid as you may think I am, I'm actually pretty intelligent.

I'm not anti abortion. I'm pro choice.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Sorry if this was already asked but how did your family react? I wish you all the best. Btw random but I'm of Caribbean descent as well.

Been asked but it's okay. My parents weren't pleased and my dad basically kicked me out of the house so I stayed with my boyfriend for 3 weeks to give him time to calm down.

And cool! Where are you from?
I don't mean to have an attitude with you but I think its obvious why I didn't have an abortion? It's insensitive to ask me that when I'm so late in my pregnancy.
Yes I know all of that, so many people have told me it's harder to fulfil my dreams and I've already taken all of that into consideration, I still wanted to have my baby. I don't know if I'll struggle to have a child in the future, or if something terrible happens that prevents me from having one later on. I thought about a lot of things before making my final decision. As stupid as you may think I am, I'm actually pretty intelligent.

I'm not anti abortion. I'm pro choice.

I meant your passive view of the situation, not towards me. It's not particularly obvious why you wanted an abortion, unless you only found out you were pregnant when it was too late? I've not said you are stupid I just couldn't understand why you let yourself become pregnant if you weren't actively trying to have a baby.*
Been asked but it's okay. My parents weren't pleased and my dad basically kicked me out of the house so I stayed with my boyfriend for 3 weeks to give him time to calm down.

And cool! Where are you from?

My dad's from St Vincent and my mum's mixed but her side of the family are Bajan and Vincentian.
Are you planning on using a more effective form of contraception, like the Mirena Coil, once you have had the baby? [Women can be extremely fertile after giving birth and can get pregnant very quickly again.]
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I meant your passive view of the situation, not towards me. It's not particularly obvious why you wanted an abortion, unless you only found out you were pregnant when it was too late? I've not said you are stupid I just couldn't understand why you let yourself become pregnant if you weren't actively trying to have a baby.*

Well I've been pregnant for a while, so that may explain my passive view.

No, I found out early enough (5wks 3days) and consciously decided that I wanted to keep my baby.

I had the mentality that it wouldn't happen because we had been having sex for over two years and I never got pregnant. I know that was naive of us and I did already say that
My dad's from St Vincent and my mum's mixed but her side of the family are Bajan and Vincentian.

Nice, have you been there?
Nice, have you been there?

Sadly no. I've only been to the Dominican Republic lol (it was cheaper) than Barbados or St Vincent. What about you?
Original post by markova21
Are you planning on using a more effective form of contraception, like the Mirena Coil, once you have had the baby? [Women can be extremely fertile after giving birth and can get pregnant very quickly again.]

I think I'd like the implant but not 100% yet
Sadly no. I've only been to the Dominican Republic lol (it was cheaper) than Barbados or St Vincent. What about you?

Ah I'd love to go there! Yeah I've been going to Guyana basically every summer lol
Original post by Vividly clear
Well I do.

And abortion and teen pregnancies which usually leads to teen suicide statistics shows I'm right.

In all honesty I wish you the best.

That's the most heinously incorrect use of the word "usually" I've ever seen.
Congratulations!!! :smile: xx
Being a mum is such a great thing
Is the baby a boy or a girl? x
Original post by abc_123_
Congratulations!!! :smile: xx
Being a mum is such a great thing
Is the baby a boy or a girl? x

Thank you (:
Not sure of the sex yet, keeping it a surprise
Thank you (:
Not sure of the sex yet, keeping it a surprise

Are you gonna have a gender reveal party or just leave it until the birth?
Also are you having a baby shower? xx
Congratulations - there's no right or wrong time in your life to have a baby so look on the positive side of being a young parent and just think how young you will still be when you get him/her off your hands to uni and can "have a life" again! (I know it feels like you will be nearly dead by your late thirties but you won't be, trust me).

Just promise me to be very VERY sure that you have a proper talk about the birds and the bees and "pulling out" in 16 years time so you don't end up a very young grandparent!
Original post by abc_123_
Are you gonna have a gender reveal party or just leave it until the birth?
Also are you having a baby shower? xx

Leaving it until the birth and already had a baby shower two weeks ago
Original post by Platopus
I think you don't know how to recognise sarcasm

Ooooh okay, yh i cant online lol :tongue: sorry :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest