The Student Room Group

Sixth form non-uniform

(edited 6 years ago)
Dress like how you'd usually dress outside school.
Reply 2
Honestly, no one cares about what you dress like. It's a place where you can finally express yourself through the clothes you wear. The most common things I saw is a top or jumper of any kind and jeans and leggings! Honestly, just wear what you would wear if you were to go out with your mates throughout a Saturday and you will be fine :smile:!

Nothing offence, doubt you will have anything like that xx
Reply 3
Original post by Bluebutterfly310
Hi
What do you wear to sixth form because there aint no uniform rule? just been wondering due to it is my first day tomorrow and i dont what to stick out like a sore thumb and dress wierdly. Sorry i over think alot but hey ho..
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks

Just wear what you feel comfortable in :h:. No one really cares, but because it's your first day I'd definitely pick out an outfit that will get you noticed (for all the right reasons), because the first impression counts :tongue:
Reply 4
Hi
What do you wear to sixth form because there aint no uniform rule? just been wondering due to it is my first day tomorrow and i dont what to stick out like a sore thumb and dress wierdly. Sorry i over think alot but hey ho..
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks

Is there no dress code?
Just wear what u feel comfortable in, there's no need to impress people.
There's no way u will stick out just wear some jeans and a t shirt with a hoody for a casual look
Or some chinos and a shirt which I wore in my sixth form with a dress code
Reply 5
Very true and first impression always worries though

You'll be fine, just make sure the colours of your outfit don't clash, i did this on the first day of year 12 (i wore a navy blue cardigan and a very pale yellow shirt with black jeans and blue converse) and i looked like an absolute t***. :biggrin::rofl3::giggle:
wear jeans
Reply 7
Hah sounds a great look. and thanks for the advice.

It really wasn't :biggrin:, but good luck for tomorrow :h:
Unfortunately i dont own jeans due to they are way to expensive for me personally

buy them from a sale or primark
Reply 9
Thanks, must remember though to not dress like im gonna go to a funeral though, tend to do that alot

Omg so do i :biggrin:. Friday i wore a long black cardigan, skinny black jeans, black converse and a white shirt. I just love black and white clothes :colone:. But tomorrow I'm going to wear a blue blazer casually :tongue:
Reply 10
Hah cool sounds a cool look, and same love black and white clothes, one of many reasons there aint no worries of clashing clothes

Ahaha i know right, it never clashes, it looks smart and it draws attention so its a win win situation :biggrin:
Reply 11
Very true but unfortunately according to my family i need to wear bright cheerier colours though:frown:

I don't listen to my parents, they wouldn't know fashion if it came up and slapped them in the face :biggrin:
I am so glad I have a uniform at sixth form to avoid this issue
wear anything you like

at my sixth form you saw every type of style and level of being fashionable there was and no one really cared... there was a guy who used to dress as a cat and all that happened was everyone knew his name

Quick Reply