The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alwaysinexile
I just completed the 2nd stage of Barclays, with the 'video interview'. The video part is only like 2 questions, with other types of questions involved. I think I probably messed up, because it was totally unexpected. If anyone wants to know about it before doing it, private message me.

Those of you, who haven't received an invite, I wouldn't worry, you will get one.

Thanks man, love the positivity :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alwaysinexile
I just completed the 2nd stage of Barclays, with the 'video interview'. The video part is only like 2 questions, with other types of questions involved. I think I probably messed up, because it was totally unexpected. If anyone wants to know about it before doing it, private message me.

Those of you, who haven't received an invite, I wouldn't worry, you will get one.

Does anyone know what the next stage is after the video interview?
Do you guys think it is easier to break into S&T than asset management? And do you have any idea of the applicants to offers ratio?
Original post by Breakingbank
Does anyone know what the next stage is after the video interview?

Should be a telephone interview I believe
anyone know if Citi Markets is rotational?? - need to fill out & 'tailor' the cover letter
For those to take the barclays video "interview"

not-prepared.jpg
Still waiting for the video interview from barclays or i've probably been rejected :/
You can't withdraw from banks and reapply can you? - I submitted my Citi app without a cover letter somehow ffs
for the people who got the video interview for barclays, did any of you apply for trading??
Original post by groovyd97
You can't withdraw from banks and reapply can you? - I submitted my Citi app without a cover letter somehow ffs

Just drop them an email explaining and they should attach it themselves once you send it across :smile:
Original post by AenigmaFx
For those to take the barclays video "interview"

not-prepared.jpg

Which division?
Original post by lewiskh97
Should be a telephone interview I believe

this
Has anyone applied to citi summer for trading, cant seem to find the vacancy? :/

EDIT: found it, i was just being a mug.
(edited 7 years ago)
When are the rejections set to start rolling in?

Love seeing those 'After careful consideration we regret to inform you...' emails
Original post by alexjones1994
When are the rejections set to start rolling in?

Love seeing those 'After careful consideration we regret to inform you...' emails

Think it's too early, at least another month I reckon. Might even get more than one on the same day if you're lucky :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Think it's too early, at least another month I reckon. Might even get more than one on the same day if you're lucky :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i'm thinking another 2 weeks or so then they will start pouring in. 1st rounds for interviews must be coming up over next 2 weeks I reckon. FML.
Do you know anything about Real Estate Investing at Morgan Stanley? Is it competitive?
Original post by Monderier
Do you guys think it is easier to break into S&T than asset management? And do you have any idea of the applicants to offers ratio?

They are both as competitive as it gets, both front office etc etc , S&T positions heavily affected by brexit so record low offers there! As a rule of thumb 1 out of 130 applicants gets the offer in front office if you want a number (based of FT and other articles I read before)
Original post by TheParham
They are both as competitive as it gets, both front office etc etc , S&T positions heavily affected by brexit so record low offers there! As a rule of thumb 1 out of 130 applicants gets the offer in front office if you want a number (based of FT and other articles I read before)

1 in 130 really? For a summer internship? I always thought it was ~2% acceptance rate (excluding Goldman)
Original post by Broocklyn
Do you know anything about Real Estate Investing at Morgan Stanley? Is it competitive?

naturally yes, it is much more competitive since number of spots are more limited compared to other front office roles and most of applicants have already some related internship experience in RE/PE/IBD, but if you have related experience you should try, I know one alumni of my school who worked there, before he had already two internships one in Real Estate and another in sth Corp.Finance related

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending