The Student Room Group

English coursework HELP NEEDED!

Hi guys I am currently looking for a book to compare with the play 'Tis a pity shes a whore', but I really would appreciate it if anyone could recommend me a suitable book to compare the play with and also draw connections with.
Reply 1
Why not compare it with another tragedy, maybe Shakespeare? Hamlet or Twelfth Night should be good.
Original post by Jokonkwo
Hi guys I am currently looking for a book to compare with the play 'Tis a pity shes a whore', but I really would appreciate it if anyone could recommend me a suitable book to compare the play with and also draw connections with.

Do you know what you want to focus on in Tis a Pity? Characters, plot or theme? Once you have a good indication to what you wish to focus on, then it would be easier to give you a couple of suggestions.
Reply 3
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Do you know what you want to focus on in Tis a Pity? Characters, plot or theme? Once you have a good indication to what you wish to focus on, then it would be easier to give you a couple of suggestions.

Im literally open to any suggestions on the theme, plot or character, Cause the only connection that I am able to draw between the two at the moment is the theme of power
Im literally open to any suggestions on the theme, plot or character, Cause the only connection that I am able to draw between the two at the moment is the theme of power

"Between the two"? Your op says you need Tis a Pity to compare with something. So, does this mean you already have something to compare it to?
Reply 5
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
"Between the two"? Your op says you need Tis a Pity to compare with something. So, does this mean you already have something to compare it to?

I manged to finish reading Brave new World yesterday to see if i was able to draw anything out, but I will still appreciate any other book recommendations
I manged to finish reading Brave new World yesterday to see if i was able to draw anything out, but I will still appreciate any other book recommendations

Antony and Cleopatra by Shakespeare could be a good one; theme of power and revenge?

I'm unfamiliar with Ford's play unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending